St Johnstone v ICT 20/12/14 KO 1500.

:o

This thread has taken a sinister turn. Has anyone ever pointed out the fact that Goodwillie is, like, a really ironic name? I don't think that anyone has. On the other hand, a former St. Johnstone receptionist recently told me that Steve Low Mass' last name is quite appropriate.

How did you meet her? Is she a groupie?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was Colvin's first game in charge of Saints since he did our 3-3 draw with Hearts eleven months ago. He sent Steven Anderson off (overturned on appeal) for denying a goalscoring opportunity about 40 yards from goal, gave us one penalty for a foul outside the box and another soft one for handball then just seemed to pick two players almost at random, one being our goalkeeper, to send off after a melee in the goalmouth. Remember getting him a few years ago for the first time and thinking he was alright but he seems to get a lot of stick these days.

How is Doran doing for ICT generally at the moment? Fair to say he's maybe been in better shape?

A great contribution to a great game. As an aside, that Hearts team is largely the same as the one putting sevco to the sword over a league campaign. I'm certain that game played a part in their mental attitude that they are showing just now. They fought like f**k that day.

---

The fact the victim has been paid maximum compensation says enough for me! I don't have much faith in our justice system, since June,when my friend suffered brain damage in an unprovoked attack that saw me suffer a broken jaw, but the first two accused have been found not guilty, with another trial to come for the rest.You got that? Smart arse

Whilst that is sad, it's got absolutely nothing I do with you calling someone a racist even though it's never had any proven evidence taken to court and as such never proven. It's basically you accusing someone of something very severe that he hasn't been convicted of, since he's not guilty at the end of the day. I'll leave that there, but actually I'd never want a saints fan to be accusing someone of that, it's poor behaviour.

Was I the only one that thought Raven was lucky to not get a second yellow for his lunge in the corner at the end?

Never mind a second yellow, straight red was a possibility! Only intention was to hurt the man. Ref bottled it by blowing up for the end instead!

So cheating is okay as long as it's your team that's cheating.

To a certain degree, yes. If Scotland were 1-0 down in the WC Final to England with mimutes to go and a Scotland player dived to win a penalty, i think we'd all want it scored rather than the player to just roll it back to the keeper in some act of honesty.

Our teams "cheat" all the time to different degrees, diving in the box is just currently the pinnacle.

Stan and RG are just a couple of fuckwits as they keep proving by posting puerile drivel on here .

just ignore them you can never win when putting salient points to pondlife.

Do you ever actually post an opinion on the game? Literally every post you make is having some sort of dig at someone. Marly levels of pointlessness

Raven lost the plot in those dying seconds and was maybe spared because Colvin was so close to the incident he didn't see it properly. Very lucky to escape at least a second yellow.

As Tommy Wright said after the game, Brill led with his feet but the pictures don't change my mind in that there was nothing the goalkeeper did that caused Brian Graham to go to ground. Only saw it as it happened on the highlights and then one replay but when you start needing to rely on multiple angles slowed down to make a judgement, then you have to start having some sympathy for the referee. In this case, I don't think you do need that. It looks closer to being a penalty than it did at the time because you're looking for contact between the upper part of Brill's body and Graham but it still pretty obviously isn't. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get offered a two-game ban. We could be fortunate in that one of those will be against United.

Still think the Draper red card is harsh. He maybe leaves a little bit on Lappin but it isn't an elbow. Would be disappointed if one of our players was sent off for that.

Wow. Just saw the "penalty". Ridiculous dive and shame on Graham for his blatant cheating. Some bizarre comments from TW trying to justify it being a penalty as well.

As for Draper, I'm trying to find a way defend. It's not as bad as I thought it was and I guess you could argue that it wasn't a full on elbow to the face and kind of shoves Lappin in the face but perhaps that's with my ICT tinted specs on now.

As far as the Draper incident goes whatever he did was totally needless. You see these coming together a all the time in midfield where on player is chasing the ball down and it gets shuttled along and they just kind of run into each other. It appeared to me that Draper lifted his arms far higher than was necessary and caught Lappin in the face, with at least some degree of intent. Perhaps not a full on elbow or forearm smash, but more than he needed to do to protect himself.

As soon as the whistle went it was only ever going to be a red card.

I'd add that that was as poor as I've seen ICT going forward in recent times and I don't think Billy McKay even got a sniff of a chance at any stage.

As far as the Draper incident goes whatever he did was totally needless. You see these coming together a all the time in midfield where on player is chasing the ball down and it gets shuttled along and they just kind of run into each other. It appeared to me that Draper lifted his arms far higher than was necessary and caught Lappin in the face, with at least some degree of intent. Perhaps not a full on elbow or forearm smash, but more than he needed to do to protect himself.

Actually, I agree with that and on those grounds, Draper can have little complaint. He didn't need to lift his arms in the manner he did, even if he was trying to protect himself initially. Still think it might not have been a red but can't feel too much sympathy for him.

Archived