The Battle Of Gayfield- 10th Jan

Wasn't at the game last night but the match stats are quite revealing. Arbroath had zero shots on target. This is probably down to three keys players for Rovers - Young and the Dunlop brothers.

The 2 centre halves were outstanding. Albion are very well organised by they 2.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arbroath outplayed Rovers last night, created a barrow load of chances, but failed to get one shot on target.

It's not easy scoring against a team who play with 10 players in defence, each time Arbroath were on the edge of Rovers box there was a 10 man defence waiting for them .........

Rovers first goal was a total fluke, but sometimes you need luck and Rovers had a lot of that last night.

The 2nd goal was also against the run of play - but any team hoping to win the league can't afford to concede two goals at home.

Based on last night's match, Rovers will lose a few games in the coming week - they seemed a very average team, but their game plan seemed to be sit back in defence and catch Arbroath on the break - it worked, but they are a dull team to watch.

Being realistic , Arbroath might need to win everyone of the remaining 7 matches to have a chance of winning the league and I don't think any team in this league will be doing that.

Rovers wall of defence worked last night, but they were a very average team playing dull, negative football.

CCR I disagree massively. We were ok last night in spells, we never created a barrow load of chances, we had a lot of good balls into the box and a lot of good pressure but at no time did we ever look like we were going to put anything in the back of the net. Yes Albion were dull but they had the best chances of the game, they sat back, frustrated us and then made the most of the counter. They had a one on one right after half time they missed aswell. They are a pretty solid team, which we aren't just now.

We could've played all night and not scored. They are a very well organised team and have players that can hurt you.

Very much Forfar'esque. They easily deserved to win that last night.

Arbroath outplayed Rovers last night, created a barrow load of chances, but failed to get one shot on target.

It's not easy scoring against a team who play with 10 players in defence, each time Arbroath were on the edge of Rovers box there was a 10 man defence waiting for them .........

Rovers first goal was a total fluke, but sometimes you need luck and Rovers had a lot of that last night.

The 2nd goal was also against the run of play - but any team hoping to win the league can't afford to concede two goals at home.

Based on last night's match, Rovers will lose a few games in the coming week - they seemed a very average team, but their game plan seemed to be sit back in defence and catch Arbroath on the break - it worked, but they are a dull team to watch.

Being realistic , Arbroath might need to win everyone of the remaining 7 matches to have a chance of winning the league and I don't think any team in this league will be doing that.

Rovers wall of defence worked last night, but they were a very average team playing dull, negative football.

Take the maroon tinted glasses off ya bawbag.

Possession

Arbroath 48% - 52% Albion Rovers

Shots

Arbroath 11 - 14 Albion Rovers

Shots On Target

Arbroath 0 - 6 Albion Rovers

Nice to see BBC Scotland paying serious attention to lower league football

The article also says that Bobby Linn had a shot cleared off the line "by a defender". Excellent journalism. I don't even remember that incident, albeit I was 10 mins late!

Anyway, I feel the scoreline is a decent reflection of the game. Too soon to start printing the Champions 2014/15 t-shirts??

The article also says that Bobby Linn had a shot cleared off the line "by a defender". Excellent journalism. I don't even remember that incident, albeit I was 10 mins late!

Anyway, I feel the scoreline is a decent reflection of the game. Too soon to start printing the Champions 2014/15 t-shirts??

Yeah fairly sure that linn shot never happened :lol:

It's all gone downhill for Arbroath after throwing a two goal lead away against us!!

In all seriousness why have Arbroath imploded after that? Up to that point they were playing some good football and scoring plenty, but after that seem to have gone to pot. Loan players returning to parent clubs? Injuries? Just a complete loss of confidence and form? Murray seeming to have gone off the boil after signing for Dundee Utd? Combination of all of this?

Fair play to Albion last night out thought us and out fought us deserve to go on and champions better than that Queens Park scum.

Cheers buddy. We're scum and we know we are.....well, that and "posh c***s", "yahoos", "snobby b*****ds" and "weegie neds" ( wish the P & B community would decide on one tag and stick with it )

I have no idea why Philip hates QP

He just said we were scum. That's not necessarily hatred. He just thinks we're of a lower social order. Whereas some other fans based in the Central belt think we are posh and of an upper social order. It's getting confusing.

I think I'll tag along with my stable lads to the public house where they meet likeminded chaps and see if I can gather the consensus. Tally ho!

It's all gone downhill for Arbroath after throwing a two goal lead away against us!!

In all seriousness why have Arbroath imploded after that? Up to that point they were playing some good football and scoring plenty, but after that seem to have gone to pot. Loan players returning to parent clubs? Injuries? Just a complete loss of confidence and form? Murray seeming to have gone off the boil after signing for Dundee Utd? Combination of all of this?

After that Montrose game we lost 3 of our back 4 for a while and were constantly changing the back 4 for weeks, loaning in young lads to play, that had an affect on us and from what I've seen we just became a completely different team, we were no longer going forward like we were before as the team wasn't confident in the defence. That in turn has had an affect on Murray and McManus who went a good few games without goals and now just seem totally out of confidence.

Now they've stopped scoring the rest of the team are looking around wondering who will, vast majority of our goals were coming from they 2.

We've had absolutely no consistency in team selection since that Montrose game either. I've watched us play really good football at times and dominate teams for spells in games and just known in my head we weren't going to score or do anything. Yet every time other teams go forward they seem to be much more clinical than us.

It really has been an incredible fall from us. Nothing going our way, team short of confidence, short of goals, short of consistency. It's ridiculously frustrating watching the team play how they are now knowing what they're capable of.

I think losing Zubaidi has been a huge loss too. I just hope we can turn it round soon so if we go into the play offs we stand a chance.

Archived