Dundee FC vs Relegated St Mirren

Also nice of the announcer to say the away numbers. Not all clubs do that, so kudos. ~460 I think it was? Not bad considering how crap we've been. We barely took that to Hamilton recently which is just down the road.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd be just as well starting the split now. The top 6 and bottom 6 are more or less decided.

The bottom 6 are closing in on each other now due to various reasons.

Killie are collapsing after a bright start.

Dundee are going through a low ebb after a solid start. Typical of a promoted team.

Thistle are consistently inconsistent.

Motherwell and St Mirren are playing to their strengths after change of managers and Ross County have still to buy their January team.

Shits getting real :(

We'd be just as well starting the split now. The top 6 and bottom 6 are more or less decided.

The bottom 6 are closing in on each other now due to various reasons.

Killie are collapsing after a bright start.

Dundee are going through a low ebb after a solid start. Typical of a promoted team.

Thistle are consistently inconsistent.

Motherwell and St Mirren are playing to their strengths after change of managers and Ross County have still to buy their January team.

Shits getting real :(

Probably fair enough. I'd hope we have another revival. We'd hope to take wins from Motherwell and Ross County in our next home games but football doesn't work like that as yesterday shows. Wouldn't be surprised to see us lose those games and beat United.

Still not convinced Hamilton are certainties though but we've been saying that for a while.

Lets be honest - all 6 of us are pretty poor. To survive in this league all you need to have is a bit of fight and be organized - two things we weren't under tommy.

If we can show that level of fight for rest of season I am confident we have the quality of McLean, McGinn (and thommo if he can get fit) to get us our of trouble.

We are however still a bombscare at the back - and was interesting to see Longwell absolutely raging when we conceded yesterday despite being 3 up.

We look crap at the moment, really missing McGowan. Boyle isn't the answer, no composure, and if he comes up against a full back with pace, he's clueless. Yesterday I thought Thomson, Irvine, and McPake got pass marks. Tank for me, whilst he has a good first touch, is too easily pushed off the ball, and looks like he'll never score.

Saints 2nd goal was a great finish and Letheran had no chance.

Also the c***s that go to Dens just to criticise the players from start to finish, I wish they'd get to f**k.

Agree re Boyle and Tankulic.

Boyle should only be used as an impact sub when full backs are tired. He's a one trick pony with a poor final product. I think Riley was actually better.

Yes, Tankulic too is lightweight...has some skill but isn't direct, doesn't get into the right positions and has a weak shot. Again, only to be used as a sub.

The main problem with yesterday was that the starting midfield was weak. Obviously PH decided to go for an attacking line up, which worked OK for 20 mins until it collapsed. Yes, we're missing McGowan and an in form Harkins. It looks like McGowan is more important than Thomson. However it would be good to see Harkins, Thomson and McGowan playing regularly in the centre.

Plus, bring back Wighton. He would have been more of a threat than Tankulic as an attacking mid yesterday.

New holding midfielder in January please Paul!

? Kevin Thomson is just back and should be given an extended run before thoughts run to another holding mid. He's a great creative passer on his game and tackler as well. I've never seen McBride do anything but play the simple short pass. A holding mid needs to be creative as well...

PS The thing that annoyed me most yesterday was Roberts. The scene was set for him to come on and actually make a difference. Expectations were low... he could take a few risks... use his pace. What happens? Runs about lackadaisically at half pace, with zero effort, gives the ball away which leads to a goal and generally looks like he thinks he is a superstar, when he's done f*ck all...put him on loan to Brechin instead of CW!

? Kevin Thomson is just back and should be given an extended run before thoughts run to another holding mid. He's a great creative passer on his game and tackler as well. I've never seen McBride do anything but play the simple short pass. A holding mid needs to be creative as well...

I think some folk might be blinkered by the fact Thomson has had a relatively succesful career and has a couple of expensive transfer fees under his belt. The jury is still out on him as far as I'm concerned, especially when you consider he'll be one of our top earners.

Think Thomson is being harshly singled out because of his big name! He's never been an overly creative midfielder, he's just a classier version of McBride and has a bit of dig about him.

McGowan and Harkins playing alongside/with Thomson would see us have a midfield that'd dominate most games. I can't remember the last time we've had them three on the pitch at the same time though!

I think some folk might be blinkered by the fact Thomson has had a relatively succesful career and has a couple of expensive transfer fees under his belt. The jury is still out on him as far as I'm concerned, especially when you consider he'll be one of our top earners.

Agree that the jury is still out, mainly through injury, but I feel that when fit he makes a difference...plus is also creative. However if he can't stay fit we need someone else.

I'd like to ask where Tankulic having a 'weak shot' has come from? Just yesterday? On his weak foot? If you've watched him this season, either in play or warming up, he has an absolute rocket of a shot.

Ok, perhaps his weaker foot but how many league goals has he scored with his 'rocket' shot?

Think Thomson is being harshly singled out because of his big name! He's never been an overly creative midfielder, he's just a classier version of McBride and has a bit of dig about him.

McGowan and Harkins playing alongside/with Thomson would see us have a midfield that'd dominate most games. I can't remember the last time we've had them three on the pitch at the same time though!

That's what I just said re Thomson, Harkins and McGowan. But KT, on his game, is a hell of a lot better than McBride. I disagree with you on creativity...In the games I've seen he's played some great mid range through balls, especially to Harkins...

I didn't say we'd 'rely'on him for creativity but a holding mid who can also occasionally play a creative 'forward' ball is valuable...look at Steven Gerrard...btw in no way am I comparing him to KT. Just hope he gets a good run to prove his abilities.

Looking forward to the Sportsound special about Dundee in crisis. No league win for two months, horsed at home off the diddy team at the bottom of the table, Dundee are in absolute freefall. I do hope Brian McLaughlin and Jim Spence will be spouting pish in the near future about how the pressure is on Hartley. Only fair.

Looking forward to the Sportsound special about Dundee in crisis. No league win for two months, horsed at home off the diddy team at the bottom of the table, Dundee are in absolute freefall. I do hope Brian McLaughlin and Jim Spence will be spouting pish in the near future about how the pressure is on Hartley. Only fair.

We beat Killie on the 1st of November so its not quite 2 months. Agree about you lot being a diddy team though.

From what I can gather:

Ferry and Thomson are over the hill and injury prone.

Tankulic has been a flop.

Harkins isn't getting a start in a woeful midfield, so I'm guessing he's been shite.

Paul McGowan is in trouble with the polis again, and is out the team because of it.

Unbelievable outcomes. No one could possibly have seen any of those happening at the start of the season...

From what I can gather:

Ferry and Thomson are over the hill and injury prone.

Tankulic has been a flop.

Harkins isn't getting a start in a woeful midfield, so I'm guessing he's been shite.

Paul McGowan is in trouble with the polis again, and is out the team because of it.

Unbelievable outcomes. No one could possibly have seen any of those happening at the start of the season...

Harkins was suspended last week and unwell before this one so your guessing is shite.

10 points clear of the position that i would deem this season as a failure from.

McAllister McBride, Boyle, Irvine, Davidson and Peaso all away in the summer. We will have a squad for top six next year.

For a while it was looking like we could push top six, but the squad is not good enough.

Luckily we're having a bad spell when, bar Motherwell, the other teams are taking no advantage.

10 points clear of the position that i would deem this season as a failure from.

McAllister McBride, Boyle, Irvine, Davidson and Peaso all away in the summer. We will have a squad for top six next year.

For a while it was looking like we could push top six, but the squad is not good enough.

Luckily we're having a bad spell when, bar Motherwell, the other teams are taking no advantage.

Add Letheren, Roberts and Tankulic to that list too.

Archived