Dundee FC vs Relegated St Mirren

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See young Stevie's goal has went viral on a lot of social media platforms. Not bad considering it was only shite defending.

Don't forget we only played long balls all afternoon.

Harkins would never score a goal like that, mainly because it involved doing some work like tracking back and winning the ball.

Were you there? It's all very pointless, but he hardly had to 'track back' .. Phil Roberts ran into him from the right wing. You St Mirren fans go from one extreme to the other, what a lot! Some of you are far too excited by winning one game (against the bad-run enders) and you, Stu, are just a raging mess.

Roberts runs into him? Aye, right you are :lol: Mallan has one go to win the ball, fails, then harries him for 10 or 20 yards before winning the ball in the middle of the park.

I'm not raging at all, I'm absolutely delighted and it's fair cheered me up considering I have to work the next few days.

The first goal gets better each time you see it as well. I thought at the time it was a great finish, but the work to harry the Dundee defence is excellent, the pass from McLean to Tess is a peach then the finish under serious pressure is sublime. McLean really was fantastic on Saturday.

As for Mallan's goal, well it's goal of the season so far, and it'll take something special to shift it. Brilliant working back to win the ball from the Dundee winger, then a couple of wonderful touches to leave their midfeilder a confused mess, before a marvellous finish. That's only the second time I've seen him play, but he looks the part.

Still going to be tough for us to stay up. I think we really need another result against Killie and hope Dundee and Partick both lose, before strenghtening a little in January. We aren't a lost cause yet, but it's going to take an almighty effort to get out of the mess we've put ourselves in.

The first goal gets better each time you see it as well. I thought at the time it was a great finish, but the work to harry the Dundee defence is excellent, the pass from McLean to Tess is a peach then the finish under serious pressure is sublime. McLean really was fantastic on Saturday.

As for Mallan's goal, well it's goal of the season so far, and it'll take something special to shift it. Brilliant working back to win the ball from the Dundee winger, then a couple of wonderful touches to leave their midfeilder a confused mess, before a marvellous finish. That's only the second time I've seen him play, but he looks the part.

Still going to be tough for us to stay up. I think we really need another result against Killie and hope Dundee and Partick both lose, before strenghtening a little in January. We aren't a lost cause yet, but it's going to take an almighty effort to get out of the mess we've put ourselves in.

Agreed. Motherwell are capable of grinding out wins, they'll pull themselves up the table.

Our win rate will have to increase dramatically. I can see the other bottom 6 teams all slitting each other's throats though but as this weekend proved even if we win the gap ahead of us isn't guaranteed to close.

County will strengthen, I can't see much happening at Saints unless we con teams into taking our duds off us

I actually thought the goal was scored a lot differently when you seen it in person but now I've seen the replay, it is a fantastic finish.

I actually thought St Mirren were as bad as us Saturday, you could see they lacked confidence. We certainly had chances but St Mirren got that bit of luck they've probably lacked all season so far.

It just always seems to be teams end their winless runs against us. Ross County with their first win of the season against us and now St Mirren ending their winless run against us.

We need a massive reaction Thursday.

I actually thought the goal was scored a lot differently when you seen it in person but now I've seen the replay, it is a fantastic finish.

I actually thought St Mirren were as bad as us Saturday, you could see they lacked confidence. We certainly had chances but St Mirren got that bit of luck they've probably lacked all season so far.

It just always seems to be teams end their winless runs against us. Ross County with their first win of the season against us and now St Mirren ending their winless run against us.

We need a massive reaction Thursday.

The difference was we took our chances. Our results have been crap all season but we have mainly been beaten by the odd goal. Dundee,Killie,Thistle, County,Motherwell certainly don't look miles better than us even when when TC was in charge.

Problem is County and ourselves have given everyone a tasty head start.

If I was a Dee fan id be blaming Hartley for being a bit tactically naive and maybe underestimating us. Yous just have to put it down to a bad day at the office and lift yourselves for Utd because if we can cause Dundee problems on the break, they are on a whole different level.

There was a Stevie Mallan that played for clyde.Qots.Arbroath & cpl junior teams. Wonder if thats his boy. ???

It is - Bill Leckie writes about that in his column in today's Sun.

I hate to be the first to repeat it, but to paraphrase Dundee fans from early 2013...

You guys are absolutely shitting it :lol:

Aye, I'm bricking it going into the transfer window 10 points better off than your mob.

Aye, I'm bricking it going into the transfer window 10 points better off than your mob.

Seventh placed Hibs had exactly the same gap over 11th place this time last season. Seem to remember that ended well.

Hopefully the BBC show some balance and impartiality and talk about Hartley being under pressure sometime soon after repeatedly doing it with Craig and Lennon for the last 18 months. Mind you, that would require Spencey's head to be removed from the Dundee United chairman's backside so he can be sent across the road.

Archived