Dundee FC vs Relegated St Mirren

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ludo says no chance of relegation for the dees . granny danger says they won't go down . Donnie dafte concurs so I think there is a good chance of it happening .

If Shane McGowan started criticising folk for being ugly it wouldn't be any more ironic than your comments about relegation candidates.

Seventh placed Hibs had exactly the same gap over 11th place this time last season. Seem to remember that ended well.

Hibs actually went 13 points clear of 11th after 19 games, and still got relegated. Any Dundee fan who thinks they're safe simply doesn't understand football to be honest.

We don't have Terry Butcher as our manager though.

No, but you could have soon seeing as you are currently top of the (bottom six) league - the perfect time for Dundee to sack their manager.

In all seriousness, a rather worrying number of Dundee fans seem to be putting a lot of hope on the return of a player who may or may not be otherwise indisposed in a few months time.

Sorry, didn't realise you had another game coming before Thursday.

Tremendous booing from the Dundee fans on the highlights. Thought for a moment it was our fans (we're the only ones who boo apparently) and we'd just assumed that the team being pumped was our own.

Pressure definitely on media darling Hartley. Only a matter of time until experts like Richard Wilson are passing judgement on him and Chris McLaughlin is forcibly removed from outside Ibrox to hang about outside Dens Park while looking like Brains from Thunderbirds. Can't wait.

Seventh placed Hibs had exactly the same gap over 11th place this time last season. Seem to remember that ended well.

Hopefully the BBC show some balance and impartiality and talk about Hartley being under pressure sometime soon after repeatedly doing it with Craig and Lennon for the last 18 months. Mind you, that would require Spencey's head to be removed from the Dundee United chairman's backside so he can be sent across the road.

Looking forward to the Sportsound special about Dundee in crisis. No league win for two months, horsed at home off the diddy team at the bottom of the table, Dundee are in absolute freefall. I do hope Brian McLaughlin and Jim Spence will be spouting pish in the near future about how the pressure is on Hartley. Only fair.

Are you trying to make a (somewhat laboured) point here Stu?

Are you trying to make a (somewhat laboured) point here Stu?

I noticed the worst St Mirren poster has still to be announced on the other thread so thought I'd make a late run for it. Sadly, I fear I've left my title tilt a little too late this year.

Lex, on 29 Dec 2014 - 11:18, said:

I hate to be the first to repeat it, but to paraphrase Dundee fans from early 2013...

You guys are absolutely shitting it :lol:

Paul Hartley's manager of the year so far, eh Lex? No reason why that can't continue.

What was the post from the start of this fucking nonsense? Was it 'We're going to ground them in to dust' or some fucking pish? Yawn, yawn, YAWN.

There's a lot of football to be played in January. We've seen that things can change pretty quickly. You have had a reasonably good start to the season. We've been dire, but it looks like we have some momentum and vast improvements have been made over the last three games (and this includes a 4-1 humping by Celtic).

We're still odds on for the play-off place for a reason. Would I swop places with you in the league? Yup, in a fucking heartbeat, but 3 points from Kilmarnock and things will feel very different in Paisley.

How long till you bump a perfectly good young manager and go knocking on John 'Who owns the deeds' Brown? Worked a treat last time, eh?

You fellas are about the only shower who are worse than the 'St Mirren' fans on here. Musta been hard growing up in the shadow of the big club in Dundee. You're the ugly sister, get over it.

What was the post from the start of this fucking nonsense? Was it 'We're going to ground them in to dust' or some fucking pish? Yawn, yawn, YAWN.

There's a lot of football to be played in January. We've seen that things can change pretty quickly. You have had a reasonably good start to the season. We've been dire, but it looks like we have some momentum and vast improvements have been made over the last three games (and this includes a 4-1 humping by Celtic).

We're still odds on for the play-off place for a reason. Would I swop places with you in the league? Yup, in a fucking heartbeat, but 3 points from Kilmarnock and things will feel very different in Paisley.

How long till you bump a perfectly good young manager and go knocking on John 'Who owns the deeds' Brown? Worked a treat last time, eh?

You fellas are about the only shower who are worse than the 'St Mirren' fans on here. Musta been hard growing up in the shadow of the big club in Dundee. You're the ugly sister, get over it.

Well...feel better now?

^^^ head explosion. :1eye

Better book yourself in for an appointment with yourself Doctor.

I hope you keep Aspirin at home. :blink:

Just watched the highlights. What an incredible goal from Mallan, I know comparisons with Messi are overused but that's the sort of goal I've seen the Argentian scoring albeit against tougher opposition.

Archived