Dundee FC vs Relegated St Mirren

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woof, some proper seethers in here.

It was delightful to see past it huddies like Thomson and McAllister getting the run around from our youngsters yesterday in that midfield.

That goal from Mallan gets better with every viewing. Fantastic stuff. The 'defending' was a joke certainly, but the technique and ability... Brilliant to see.

We look crap at the moment, really missing McGowan. Boyle isn't the answer, no composure, and if he comes up against a full back with pace, he's clueless. Yesterday I thought Thomson, Irvine, and McPake got pass marks. Tank for me, whilst he has a good first touch, is too easily pushed off the ball, and looks like he'll never score.

Saints 2nd goal was a great finish and Letheran had no chance.

Also the c***s that go to Dens just to criticise the players from start to finish, I wish they'd get to f**k.

It was a poor team selection from PH. Obviously we don't know about the injury situation but Stewart/Boyle/Tank/Clarkson starting together is just too offensive. Irrespective of their individual qualities and failings Thomson and Jim Mac got swamped by the St Mirren midfield formation.

From a Saints point of view it was an almost perfect away performance and the game plan was spot on. We did ride our luck at times, Dundee had some chances and Ridgers made some good saves. Every player to a man played out their skin with such a high intensity. With 2 games coming in less in a week there will need to be changes, can't see us keeping up that level of fitness in such a short space of time.

If we can somehow scrape 10th or even with the playoff with the majority of our starting line up from our academy, after the shambles left by our previous manager, it will be one of the biggest successes in the clubs history imo .

As for Dundee, I think you's can blame Hartley for the loss. Maybe he thought the same as the fans and expected the easiest 3 points of the season with a few goals thrown into the bargain.

Weird seeing McPake getting pass marks, I thought he was very erratic and lucky to stay on the park. He clatters into anything that moves with such force, I wonder what he and McGinn were complaining to the red about at the penalty? It had to be a red card.

Can't see us catching Dundee, yous should be safe unless we go on a ridiculous 10 game winning streak. Didn't think there was much between us in the 2 games though.

It was a poor team selection from PH. Obviously we don't know about the injury situation but Stewart/Boyle/Tank/Clarkson starting together is just too offensive. Irrespective of their individual qualities and failings Thomson and Jim Mac got swamped by the St Mirren midfield formation.

I heard Harkins was unwell in the lead up to the game and obviously we don't know the story with McGowan, but our 'reserve' midfield is never going to win any battles. I would have McBride on before Thomson based on what I've seen.

Expecting us to trounce these diddies.

Tommy Craig should be invited to the game so the Derry can give him a round of aplause. We can also chuck in a new pair of shoes for the old legend to sport at his next bowls match, after his sterling work at taking these fucking melts back where they belong.

Don't give these diddies a second Dundee. Jump on top of them from the first whistle, and grind them to fucking gravel.

Main Stand for this relegation fodder please, and open the doors early so they can f**k back off to Paisley after McGowan rips Goodwin a new one.

Thank you very fucking much.

post-43465-14197629695902_thumb.jpg

Having had time to reflect and seen the second goal back it comes from Roberts losing the ball pathetically. Then it's a great run and finish - woeful defending also. First goal was simply woeful defending too. Apart from defensive collapses, St Mirren really didn't create much.Dundee were actually the better team in the first half,marginally, but the second half both teams were woeful with St Mirren playing better. That is the worst team i've seen at Dens this season; they played much better at St Mirren Park, but they'll be chuffed. Probably one of the noisest away supports of the season. Some St Miren fans shouldn't let the result blind them - that was two dire performances today with the St Mirren being the better and less error prone over the piece.A Derby horsing i assume on the first. Lets get it done, get our players back and move up.

Lol!!

Not wanting to defend McPake (but he needs as much help as he can get :angel ) if he steps out & misses the tackle that leaves space to Mallans left. Contrary to your "most likely" scenario, there is no way McGinn would have got there, he hasn't gotten his erse back yet & is both outside & slightly behind the embarassed McAlister.

Fair play to you for your appreciative comment on the goal. None of us like to see them scored against our teams but too many of us get all "Allan Hansen" where every goal is down to bad defending & no credit goes to the attacking team.

McAlister simply has to make contact with one of those attempts at a tackle.

ETA : upon seeing it again, I've literally no idea why McPake doesn't step out. If he does then Mallan can only go to his left, most likely straight into McGinn.

Still, some run and finish!

What was with all the Dundee supporters chucking it and leaving at 0-2 btw? There was still 22 minutes of play left! Maybe since we've been at the arse end of the table for years now we're used to getting a pumping every so often whereas you guys are just off the back of a title win and a decent season start. But still, 0-2?

That's the stuff dreams are made of!

Think that's been a bit of an issue a few times this season with line-ups that have been far too open.

A few delusional St Mirren fans here seem to think it was due to their young brilliance and our poor over the hill players but it was little to do with that. We were just exposed too badly yesterday and played down to St Mirren's level.

Only second time this season we've looked uncompetitive. Need to tighten up and grind out some points or we will get sucked in.

What was with all the Dundee supporters chucking it and leaving at 0-2 btw? There was still 22 minutes of play left! Maybe since we've been at the arse end of the table for years now we're used to getting a pumping every so often whereas you guys are just off the back of a title win and a decent season start. But still, 0-2?

That's the stuff dreams are made of!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aovHMXbiyFI

A lot of new top tier fans who take the huff and storm out easily.

Archived