Category Bs v Terrors - Boxing Day plus 1

Some United fans have stupid expectations sometimes and a massively over inflated sense of what a Dundee United team should be all about.

Same goes for the zoomers on United Mad, who give some of our WAP lot a run for their money. Criticising our defence as "pub league standard" when they've got Dillon back there is hilarious.

1. Correct

2. Don't go on United Mad..... Not even for entertainment.......especially not for entertainment

3. C'mon now, Dillon has been great these last few weeks. In fact did you not see his Trekkers yesterday? Superb!

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dearie me! I don't think anyone is suggesting that Jackie Mac is the greatest United manager of all time, which is the implication you've just made. But he certainly has had a very positive impact on our club. He's got them playing a better style of football, he has the belief that they can play well and beat anyone on their day. The only thing that's lacking is consistency.

You can't compare the two managers because they aren't starting from the same base. Jim McLean was allowed to bully and dictate to players. He was able to sign them on long term contracts and tie them in, they were allowed to withhold wages when the players played shite etc. it's a whole different era now.

These days, players have bloody rights ....grrrr

In fact, playing devils advocate, if you followed that line of thinking , you could argue that Jackie Mac is a better manager than Jim McLean......... Just sayin

WTF?! I made no such implication.

In fact, what I was implying is what you just wasted your arse writing.

Maybe you and Granny should learn to read.

1. Correct

2. Don't go on United Mad..... Not even for entertainment.......especially not for entertainment

3. C'mon now, Dillon has been great these last few weeks. In fact did you not see his Trekkers yesterday? Superb!

Very harsh on Dillon. Possibly his best spell at United

Some United fans have stupid expectations sometimes and a massively over inflated sense of what a Dundee United team should be all about.

Met an Arab in the pub pre match who was confident of a win because we'd have no-one up front. I told him Maclean was back and starting. His response? "ooooh no, I'm so scared." United fans would rather have sand dancers with shite haircuts (GMS, Armstrong) than guys like Millar and Maclean who may not be as flashy, but are generally very, very effective.

Same goes for the zoomers on United Mad, who give some of our WAP lot a run for their money. Criticising our defence as "pub league standard" when they've got Dillon back there is hilarious.

Delighted with that win yesterday - just didn't see us scoring until we got the equaliser. Lead at half time flattered United, but equally we'd had very little clear cut. United's defending went out the window from the first Saints goal til the end.

f**k off. Armstrong has the best hair in world football.

Thank Christ for ArabFC. If it wasn't for his subjective, myopic pish the United threads would be a lot less interesting.

Apropo nothing, I was sitting towards the West side of the North Stand yesterday and there were some total rockets there including more than one shouting for McNamara's head. I thought at the end of the game there was going to be a punch up. These guys should start supporting the likes of Celtic or Chelsea where they would be amongst other fans who thought they had a divine right to win every game.

What myopic pish is this exactly?

I think Paton is shite, Rankin little better, Gomis was a better midfielder than both and Goodwillie was better than Graham.

And oh boy am I hated for saying Rankin and Paton are shite whilst everyone else sucks them off.

WTF?! I made no such implication.

In fact, what I was implying is what you just wasted your arse writing.

Maybe you and Granny should learn to read.

.....or maybe you should read over the utter shite you write before you press the POST button. I'm not quite sure how I could waste my arse writing.... I supposed that's maybe something you think is normal since you seem to talk out of yours but hey, im happy if you think we both said the same thing

.....or maybe you should read over the utter shite you write before you press the POST button. I'm not quite sure how I could waste my arse writing.... I supposed that's maybe something you think is normal since you seem to talk out of yours but hey, im happy if you think we both said the same thing

You MISREAD what I said, and are blaming me for writing something you greatly expanded on? LMAO

What next? I'll say United are good. You'll write I'm wrong to say United are shite, and write 10 paragraphs on why United are actually good? :rolleyes:

You MISREAD what I said, and are blaming me for writing something you greatly expanded on? LMAO

What next? I'll say United are good. You'll write I'm wrong to say United are shite, and write 10 paragraphs on why United are actually good? :rolleyes:

Oh, did I? Sorry.

Perhaps if you made yourself a bit clearer it would be easier to work out what you actually mean. And maybe take your time to read over your posts and wonder how normal people would interpret them.

And maybe be a wee bit less excitable? That way, you wouldn't need to keep adding wee bits with edits.

Other than that, I'll pick Granny up on the first Monday back after new year and we will pop down to the nearest adult education centre and get some reading lessons so we can work out what the f**k you are on about in future.

Oh, did I? Sorry.

Perhaps if you made yourself a bit clearer it would be easier to work out what you actually mean. And maybe take your time to read over your posts and wonder how normal people would interpret them.

And maybe be a wee bit less excitable? That way, you wouldn't need to keep adding wee bits with edits.

Other than that, I'll pick Granny up on the first Monday back after new year and we will pop down to the nearest adult education centre and get some reading lessons so we can work out what the f**k you are on about in future.

Well yes, if you can't understand something as simple as...

"Yes. A stat shows a figure, a fact maybe. What does this stat it mean? Pretty much diddly-squat.

Alex McLeish had a 70% win ratio with Scotland in qualifiers. Does that mean that he is the greatest Scotland manager of all time? No."

You clearly need all the help you can get!

But, you feel free trying to pin the blame for your own fcuk-ups on me. I love laughing at it.

Well yes, if you can't understand something as simple as...

"Yes. A stat shows a figure, a fact maybe. What does this stat it mean? Pretty much diddly-squat.

Alex McLeish had a 70% win ratio with Scotland in qualifiers. Does that mean that he is the greatest Scotland manager of all time? No."

You clearly need all the help you can get!

But, you feel free trying to pin the blame for your own fcuk-ups on me. I love laughing at it.

post-41946-14197989612759_thumb.jpg

What myopic pish is this exactly?

I think Paton is shite, Rankin little better, Gomis was a better midfielder than both and Goodwillie was better than Graham.

And oh boy am I hated for saying Rankin and Paton are shite whilst everyone else sucks them off.

You have players that you don't rate, which is fair enough, but refuse to acknowledge it when they have a good game. Equally you have players you do rate and refuse to acknowledge it when they are poor.

I referred to two outstanding saves from Rado, you responded by saying his kicking out is terrible!

You have players that you don't rate, which is fair enough, but refuse to acknowledge it when they have a good game. Equally you have players you do rate and refuse to acknowledge it when they are poor.

I referred to two outstanding saves from Rado, you responded by saying his kicking out is terrible!

I have actually been one of Rado's biggest supporters. I was just lamenting his kicking, as he'd be a pretty good goalkeeper if he could sort that pish out - not that he ever will. Neither of his saves were outstanding anyway.

And, I fcuking hate Paton (or at least the way he plays), but I do recall praising him a few times, notably in the first derby. He's still shite though, which is a fact, more and more United fans are beginning to agree with.

The only player I can think of as a 'favourite' that I don't critics when he is poor, would be Ciftci. Most criticism he gets is that he's been lazy or selfish. Yet, the game's he is 'lazy' in are generally the ones when he has been running about up front on his own with fcuk all service, and his selfishness, suddenly turns into 'pure class' when his tricks come off.

Like the St Johnsone fans recognised, he is our best player - simples.

Archived