Falkirk v Raith Rovers

On McKay, I have to say some of the criticism he gets is unfair. Easily our most technically gifted player and is enjoyable to watch. Yeah, his decision making and final ball can be poor at times but he's a good player and tied their full back in knots last night. His first touch is terrific.

I think we should be trying to keep a hold of him for the second half of the season, he has much to offer.

There aren't too many players like that at this level so it's disappointing people want rid of him. Cardle got the same treatment last year too and he's now plying his trade in a league above.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On McKay, I have to say some of the criticism he gets is unfair. Easily our most technically gifted player and is enjoyable to watch. Yeah, his decision making and final ball can be poor at times but he's a good player and tied their full back in knots last night. His first touch is terrific.

I think we should be trying to keep a hold of him for the second half of the season, he has much to offer.

There aren't too many players like that at this level so it's disappointing people want rid of him. Cardle got the same treatment last year too and he's now plying his trade in a league above.

He is mainly an unused sub for the team bottom of the league, I will be suprised not to see the word freed next to his name at the end of the season. Not good enough for that level.

The only time I've enjoyed watching McKay was when he was up against one of the worst teams in Scotland. There is no point in having a good first touch or fancy footwork if you are losing the ball in dangerous areas and can't be bothered tracking back either. There isn't really much room for his sort of player in Scottish football. Like Cardle, he's a player I'm glad to be rid of. Hopefully we replace him with someone who isn't a liability defensively.

The only time I've enjoyed watching McKay was when he was up against one of the worst teams in Scotland. There is no point in having a good first touch or fancy footwork if you are losing the ball in dangerous areas and can't be bothered tracking back either. There isn't really much room for his sort of player in Scottish football. Like Cardle, he's a player I'm glad to be rid of. Hopefully we replace him with someone who isn't a liability defensively.

I bet you think John McGlynns teams are good to watch?

I bet you think John McGlynns teams are good to watch?

If Martin has ever found any football good to watch he's yet to mention it on here.

"Glad to be rid" would be putting it too strongly but I wasn't bothered either way whether Cardle stayed.

As far as McKay goes, he's clearly got more ability than anyone else in the team, and it's not a surprise that that gets noticed and opposing fans often mention him. When you're watching him every week you're more aware that it too rarely actually leads to anything. That said, I rate him higher than most on here seem to, and if there's an option to keep him for the rest of the season I'd certainly be taking it.

People are mad if they say they were glad Cardle went ... The end product is something that can be worked on and improved with time training in the same team, learning each players movement and how they play as individuals ...

Id like to keep McKay until the end of the season and id also have Cardle back in a second ... Having that technical ability is priceless as long as the players willing to work hard to improve weak points !

McKay is seldom dangerous - can beat a man everyday and is difficult to get the ball off when it's at his feet, but the end product lacks. He gives it away far too often, either by greed or making a mess of the pass. He also seems to have no ability at all to spot a pass. If the game was played by drawing a large square and having a free for all and the player who kept it longest won, he'd be great.

There is no doubt he has talent, but as an overall footballer he needs a lot of work.

As far as Cardle goes, much of the frustration probably amounted to his known inconsistency and the fact we had no replacement.

I think Nade has more technical ability than McKay, tho he also flatters to deceive at times.

As for criticing posters with a negative attitude it should be remembered that as far as entertainment goes we've had a year long famine. Decent passages of play worth applauding now memories from the dim and distant past, and the odd victory eeked out now and again doesnt disguise that.

McKay is seldom dangerous - can beat a man everyday and is difficult to get the ball off when it's at his feet, but the end product lacks. He gives it away far too often, either by greed or making a mess of the pass. He also seems to have no ability at all to spot a pass. If the game was played by drawing a large square and having a free for all and the player who kept it longest won, he'd be great.

McKay draws 2 players out to him in the wide position, lifts his head before cleverly flicking the ball to Elliot.

Then makes an intelligent run to collect a return pass, once more dragging the 2 Falkirk players with him, before turning them both and laying off a nice ball out wide for McKeown overlapping, 2 touches later and it's goal.

Nah, no ability to pick out a pass at all.....

People going a bit extreme on either side here. McKay is a technically good footballer who can beat players and commits men, but doesn't have an impact on games at the moment. He's not awful, he's not good.

A nice option to have but on form there's little doubt he should be on the bench. He's more eye catching and is usually much more involved than Conroy but his goal/assist record is pitiful in compassion. And I would wager his 'chances created' record too.

I think the frustration around him probably comes from Murray's adulation and insistence he plays every week, despite deserving neither. If he goes back to Rangers he'll be missed, we really needed competition in the wide areas and I wouldn't like to see us going back to having Scott and Stewart blundering about out there. If rangers do take him back it's important we replace him.

O.

see him much the same

McKay draws 2 players out to him in the wide position, lifts his head before cleverly flicking the ball to Elliot.

Then makes an intelligent run to collect a return pass, once more dragging the 2 Falkirk players with him, before turning them both and laying off a nice ball out wide for McKeown overlapping, 2 touches later and it's goal.

Nah, no ability to pick out a pass at all.....

so over 90 minutes hes shown ability to pick a pass out twice?

Archived