Falkirk v Raith Rovers

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queen of the South took double that amount to Kdy for a live game. Your taking about less than 100 fans making a relatively short journey.

Honestly, who in their right mind would pay to sit in the cold when you can watch free of charge and sit in your living room?

Oh, and the Flyers are at home, most people would watch the game on TV then head up to the ice rink at the last minute for the 7:15 face off. Seemed as if a lot of people did just that as there was big queues outside the rink the back of 7 when I turned up.

I'm not too worried about yesterday, I disagree strongly with anyone who says we "played well" but we were missing a key man in Vaulks. Sibbald is a cut above but we need him as far up the pitch as possible, Vaulks allows us to do that. I like Cooper but he's better off the bench, he makes an impact in bursts and doesn't really sustain it when he starts.

Next week is big, we need to win before a tough run in Hibs/Queens/Hearts. We should have a good idea after that of whether we can push for fourth or if we should focus on building for next season.

Thought Elliot and Conroy could have done better with their chances in the 2nd half and we had a decent penalty shout in the 1st half. Great pass/cross (whatever you want to call it) from McKeown to Conroy for the winner. I'll take playing shite if it means getting some points on the board.

We're not even that far behind the powerhouse that is Falkirk FC in the league and we're utter gash as well.

Fingers crossed. He's one of those players who looks dangerous but never actually contributes.

I think that's a little harsh. We've had loanees in the past who've hidden and not shown for the ball, and not tried to do anything with it when it does come to them. McKay is the opposite of that. I've mentioned it before, but he's too comfortable losing the ball. He tries to do too much, almost certainly because he's come through the seaside leagues with Rangers where 1) it's easier to get past people and 2) if he does lose the ball, his team-mates win it back. I don't think it's any coincidence that his best game, by quite a distance, was against Stirling Albion. It'd be easy to point to that and say "that's his level", but I think it's more down to the way that the Rovers were dominating the game.

If he learns when to keep the ball and when to release it, and I think he is learning, he'll be an effective player at this level. Of our three wide players, he's my third choice, but it's unfair to say he never contributes. He's scored twice (including in the Albion game) and provided an excellent assist for Anderson in the home game against Alloa, as well as creating a fair few other goalscoring chances.

I'm not too worried about yesterday, I disagree strongly with anyone who says we "played well" but we were missing a key man in Vaulks. Sibbald is a cut above but we need him as far up the pitch as possible, Vaulks allows us to do that. I like Cooper but he's better off the bench, he makes an impact in bursts and doesn't really sustain it when he starts.

Next week is big, we need to win before a tough run in Hibs/Queens/Hearts. We should have a good idea after that of whether we can push for fourth or if we should focus on building for next season.

We should be doing both in January. Realistically if we make the play offs we will be lucky to get past one tie. So January transfer window should imo be used to start building the team for next season and trying to get into that fourth spot.

I don't believe it is any coincidence that we have started slowly in the last three seasons because of us ripping up the previous seasons side and starting again. We just get a decent side by Christmas and bang we rip it apart again.

I thought we were ok yesterday but nothing more than that

If he learns when to keep the ball and when to release it, and I think he is learning, he'll be an effective player at this level. Of our three wide players, he's my third choice, but it's unfair to say he never contributes. He's scored twice (including in the Albion game) and provided an excellent assist for Anderson in the home game against Alloa, as well as creating a fair few other goalscoring chances.

Not least yesterday's, when he kept the attention of a couple of defenders before releasing the ball at the right time for McKeown.

We should be doing both in January. Realistically if we make the play offs we will be lucky to get past one tie. So January transfer window should imo be used to start building the team for next season and trying to get into that fourth spot.

I don't believe it is any coincidence that we have started slowly in the last three seasons because of us ripping up the previous seasons side and starting again. We just get a decent side by Christmas and bang we rip it apart again.

I thought we were ok yesterday but nothing more than that

I'm not sure we can do both given the strength of what's ahead of us. If we decide next season is the focus then the likes of Thomas Grant, Shepherd or Blair need to get some starts under their belt so we've got a more rounded squad.

I think we're about four or five players off being a promotion winning team so if we want to go up next year there's still an element of needing to bring a good few in at once again.

Was impressed with Raith's number 19. His first touch in particular was excellent. Not so impressed with Martin Scott, seemed to take great pleasure in rolling around on the ground til our players were booked, pathetic. Noticed Duffie and Biabi telling him exactly what they thought of that.

The ref was hopeless in all honesty (and has been every time we've had him this season) along with the stand side linesman . Didn't effect the outcome of the game though.

We should have won comfortably, but if you don't take your chances in football that's what can happen. It didn't help a few of our players having off days, Duffie and Biabi in particular. Thought our 'goal' looked over the line too, but thems the breaks.

We missed Vaulks badly and Cooper simply doesn't fit in to the formation we are trying to play. Smith is firmly in the mince category now imo.

Despite that, I think our performances of late have improved and I wouldn't say Raith were any better than the rest of the bottom half. Must win against Alloa next week before the games vs Queens and Hibs.

I may be in the minority but I actually like McKay, id probably rather have Anderson/Conroy combo but I'm happy enough with McKay playing ...

I think its very harsh to say he barley contributes when (if I'm not mistaken) he's scored almost the same as Nade/Stewart and more than Elliot who are our 3 "strikers" ... Not to mention setting a fair few up !

He can be a bit iffy at times but at least he's willing to take the ball and drive at players, something we missed big style ... Even if it doesn't amount to much, a 50 yard run into the corner of the oppositions half is better than having the ball pinned into ours ....

I may be in the minority but I actually like McKay, id probably rather have Anderson/Conroy combo but I'm happy enough with McKay playing ...

I think its very harsh to say he barley contributes when (if I'm not mistaken) he's scored almost the same as Nade/Stewart and more than Elliot who are our 3 "strikers" ... Not to mention setting a fair few up !

He can be a bit iffy at times but at least he's willing to take the ball and drive at players, something we missed big style ... Even if it doesn't amount to much, a 50 yard run into the corner of the oppositions half is better than having the ball pinned into ours ....

McKay is usually dangerous going forward, but he's usually a man down when the other team have the ball. Can't see him making it at Rangers but you never know, he's still pretty young.

Was impressed with Raith's number 19. His first touch in particular was excellent. Not so impressed with Martin Scott, seemed to take great pleasure in rolling around on the ground til our players were booked, pathetic. Noticed Duffie and Biabi telling him exactly what they thought of that.

The ref was hopeless in all honesty (and has been every time we've had him this season) along with the stand side linesman . Didn't effect the outcome of the game though.

We should have won comfortably, but if you don't take your chances in football that's what can happen. It didn't help a few of our players having off days, Duffie and Biabi in particular. Thought our 'goal' looked over the line too, but thems the breaks.

We missed Vaulks badly and Cooper simply doesn't fit in to the formation we are trying to play. Smith is firmly in the mince category now imo.

Despite that, I think our performances of late have improved and I wouldn't say Raith were any better than the rest of the bottom half. Must win against Alloa next week before the games vs Queens and Hibs.

I watched it on ALBA and it never even touched the line never mind cross it. Was a fantastic save from Mcgurn though. Fully expect Watson to be injured now after that.

Was a brilliant, much needed 3 points. Our performances since the livi game have been heads and shoulders above the performances before it, so I'm glad the players efforts have been rewarded. I do believe we can kick on from that result. The only thing that worries me is that Mckay's probably heading back to Rangers in January, and I think he's been our most threatening player in the last few weeks.

Callachan has been outstanding the last few weeks as well now. The difference between him at the start of last season and now is phenomenal. Out of Him, Scott, Moon and Fox, he's the first choice CM for me now. Scotts also looked better alongside Callachan than he did with moon or fox.

Onto next week though...pick up 3 points in that before our real test the following week against Queens. Hopefully this is the start of a wee run for us now.

If that's a good Falkirk performance then we're not nearly as far away from the top half as I thought. Thought they were poor, a bit better than us in all honesty, but poor nonetheless.

Our first half was embarrassing to watch. Absolutely no semblance of a gameplan, simply hump the ball to the strikers and hope for a defensive error. We started the second half in a similar vein where Falkirk had plenty pressure but no real openings, before finally starting to bass the ball out from the back and getting the full backs up the pitch.

McGurn could be our only real contender for MotM for a great save from McKeowns first half blunder, and the stunning match winning save on the line. Ryan Conroy is fast becoming a favourite of a mine, doesn't do much and then pops up with a goal or an assist. Players like that are worth three of the likes of McKay. No coincidence our form crashed when he dropped out the team?

Not a good performance but a very good victory, one which I didn't see coming at all. Suddenly I'm looking at our next four and wondering if we should be aiming for ten points, rather than wondering where the next win is going to come from....

I thought McKay had a good game yesterday.

He was going past their RB at will at times and it was his composure on the ball that lead to him feeding McKeown for the cross that won us the game.

I'd be more than happy to see him stay if he played like he did yesterday.

Davie McGurn is pushing for top spot in my favourite Rovers player in nearly 30 years of supporting the club.

His goalie top should come with a cape.

McKay is usually dangerous going forward, but he's usually a man down when the other team have the ball. Can't see him making it at Rangers but you never know, he's still pretty young.

He's too much of a luxury for a team in our position. Suppose it's all irrelevant now anyway as he is on his way back to The Rangers. It'll be interesting to see if he gets a look in there between now and the end of the season.

Our first half was embarrassing to watch. Absolutely no semblance of a gameplan, simply hump the ball to the strikers and hope for a defensive error.

I guess we all see the game differently but I didn't think we were doing that in the first half. In fact it's been some weeks since we've been horsing it up the park.

Archived