I am nothing but honest.

Rangers are the biggest laughing stock in Scottish Football, I doubt anyone outside of Scottish football really cares that much.

The premier league winners were known in August.

The current points gap between the nailed on winners is not exciting in anyway, entertaining in a point in laugh type of way but that is about it.

The race for 2nd place is exciting but not anymore than the race for 3rd place was exciting prior to Rangers demise.

You aren't half talking some shite. 25 years with only Celtic or Rangers winning the league? Each week, the Old Firm were riding shotgun for each other. If Celtic were beating Hearts for example, the likelihood was that elsewhere, Rangers were beating Dundee United, or whoever.

Now, Celtic have to do it on their lonesome. The league is close at the moment. For fans of the clubs involved, this is exciting. Celtic may well end up winning the league, but as we head to Christmas, fans of three clubs at least are daring to dream. One season aside, where Mad Vlad bankrolled a Hearts challenge using Carol Vorderman's Ocean Finance approach, no-one has had a sniff of a dream.

At the bottom, where I don't dream, but have nightmares about relegation, there's excitement at the prospect of getting the Sevco in the playoffs and wiping the fcuking smile right off Lee McCulloch's smug chops.

Oh, how us diddies pine for the days of Old Firm title wins being shared for a quarter of a century, and the Scottish media creaming their Calvin Kleins every time an Old Firm hatefest came along....ah, them wis' the days.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing selective about it the artice clearly states "takeover bid is dependent on receiving guarantees Rangers will not be hit by sanctions"

Which part of dependent don't you understand?

It is quite selective, your quoting a journalists opinion... Adonis is giving a direct quote from the man himself.

So with that quote, you will be quite happy for everyone to keep saying he withdrew his bid because the rangers fans told him to do one.

Are you man enough to apologise for claiming he made it up?

nothing selective about it the artice clearly states "takeover bid is dependent on receiving guarantees Rangers will not be hit by sanctions"

Which part of dependent don't you understand?

The bit I don't understand is the bit where you state that newspaper speculation is actually fact.

Which part of that article was attributable to Bill Miller or his group?

Oh, that's right.... none of it.

Wheras I did at least update my post with direct quotes, none of which implicated that the deal fell through because of the SFA.

Which do I think is more full of shyte, the crap you posted or the statement from Bill Miller.

Go figure.

Yours

aDONis

Where am I disagreeing with you? I just said the race for 2nd place is just as exciting as the race for 3rd place used to be.

Yes, and the the absence of a realistic race for first place is no less interesting for many of us than was the two horse version of yesteryear.

Not once have I suggested anything different, in fact I have agreed with this and accepted it on several occasions, quite why people keep pointing it out like it is something I am going disagree on or get defensive about is baffling, for the avoidance of doubt, prior to 2012 the top league was just a two horse race for over 20 years.

Get excited all you want, but the fact that you used the word 'may' when talking about celtic winning this league shows that just like a few others you are allowing yourself to become deluded about this, the top league will be a one horse race for at least the next 10 years until celtic are forced to lower their wage bill to a level that allows clubs to compete. The goods news is that more and more cups will be won by other clubs, as has been shown in the past few years.

That's fine Ted.

If you recognise all that, you must see why we resent the narrative that says Scottish football needs to return to what it was.

A big part of it from my viewpoint is that OF fans (of whom there's a depressingly large number) see things so differently from the diddies.

To OF fans the two OF sides could scarcely be more different from each other; whereas for diddies, they could scarcely be more similar. It's not empty rhetoric therefore when we say that the old two horse race held literally no interest for us.

Rangers' demise has therefore lost us nothing at all, but has instead allowed teams to finish higher, while presenting others with enhanced Cup prospects.

The two horse race suited only the two runners and that does not begin to mean that it was good for our game.

Yes but my point is that all those ST holders are not turning up because they are bored, they already know the league is over.

All? Is this you speaking for everyone again?

My dads mate doesn't go because the quality of football Celtic play, is in his opinion, shite. That and he'd rather spend the time with his grandson. Nothing to do with the league being won before a ball is kicked.

That's fine Ted.

If you recognise all that, you must see why we resent the narrative that says Scottish football needs to return to what it was.

A big part of it from my viewpoint is that OF fans (of whom there's a depressingly large number) see things so differently from the diddies.

To OF fans the two OF sides could scarcely be more different from each other; whereas for diddies, they could scarcely be more similar. It's not empty rhetoric therefore when we say that the old two horse race held literally no interest for us.

Rangers' demise has therefore lost us nothing at all, but has instead allowed teams to finish higher, while presenting others with enhanced Cup prospects.

The two horse race suited only the two runners and that does not begin to mean that it was good for our game.

I think every football fan looks at the game through the prism of their own club though, I'm not sure why this is surprising?
Celtic fans want a semblence of a title race to say told you so.
Rangers fans want Celtic to run away with it for the same reason.
Everyone else ideally wants their own club to win it but in reality anyone other than the two aforementioned clubs would do.

I think every football fan looks at the game through the prism of their own club though, I'm not sure why this is surprising?

I think you're right, but I'm not claiming it's surprising.

I'm claiming it's bloody galling when the OF prism is the one we get treated to in the media almost exclusively, midst claims that it's synonymous with that which is best for the game as a whole.

Wheras I did at least update my post with direct quotes, none of which implicated that the deal fell through because of the SFA.

Go figure.

Yours

aDONis

No one claimed the "deal fell through because of the SFA" , i suggest you be more careful in future as thats just one of your f*8k ups.

How dare you quote Mad Phil ... that's my role. :bairn

Edit: Near enough what I have said. The SFA are acting (or applying rules) outwith their jurisdiction.

Newcastle will not be competing in any Scottish competitions ... UEFA have their own rules.

Tough luck .. Mr King.

I still wouldn't put it past the SFA to be stupid enough to take Big Mike on ...

Austerity measures loom large on the bear's horizon .... pleasing.

Another season in the Championship ?

Will the support rally together and do something?

Why do austerity measures please you?
Surely maintaining the reckless spending would be your preferred approach?

It is quite selective, your quoting a journalists opinion... Adonis is giving a direct quote from the man himself.

And you are clearly getting it wrong again at best, at worst you are.......

No one claimed the "deal fell through because of the SFA" , i suggest you be more careful in future as thats just one of your f*8k ups.

Stop being silly Bennett.

The article you linked to, suggested that investment from Miller was dependent on sanctions not being imposed by the SPL board, rather than the SFA - to that extent you're right.

However, the point is that direct Miler quotes then identified other reason, among them the conduct of the fans.

That's the issue and your pouncing on a slight error on someone else's part, does nothing to alter the fact that you've once more been proved wrong.

Yes but my point is that all those ST holders are not turning up because they are bored, they already know the league is over.

1/16 is about as close to a dead cert as you can get.

yes you will lose one off games and yes the amount of points you have dropped is embarrassing but this will make no difference come the end of the season, you will win this league and win in comfortably, stop pretending otherwise.

No they are the bigots who are frustrated and bored at not having anyone to hurl abuse at for 90 mins. A bit like your own 60%.

Archived