m

Wow, I've no idea what's going but I'm sure it's hilarious.

Could Ashley be engineering a situation where he could hold a gun to the SFA over getting his own way?

Not sure about holding a gun, but he's well within his rights to ask...it would seem crazy for the SFA not to allow it.

The Rangers have an opportunity with Ashley to get the club straight. I don't know what Ashley has planned but it cannot be any worse than what has gone on in the recent past, nor the future wthout Ashleys money or his muscle on moving on the remaining spivs feeding on the club with their various "contracts"

I do feel sorry for the fans, but as been pointed out the fans themselves made it impossible for Rangers men to take the club way back, also if the SFA had been honest brokers this pantomime could have been dealt with much earlier

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most plausible explanation I have heard about Ashley's intention is that he sees an opportunity to use The Sevco merely as a vehicle to advertise his Sports Direct business. He already has St James Park splattered with his branding - but despite playing to 50,000 every week, haven't won a trophy since 1970 and cannot seriously challenge for Champions League exposure and that pot of gold.

Looking at The Sevco though, for relatively modest investment, he could, just could, end up owning a club that is pretty much guaranteed first or second place - like the old days, and European football on a regular basis. He could also get his claws into what is a sizeable merchandise sale market for Sevco Works XI branded goods....get Sports Direct adverts all over Sevco Park, if not actually manage to re-name the stadium this time. Sevco Sports Direct Stadium naturally.

He would simply add The Sevco in Scotland to his portfolio. I believe Sports

Direct are making big moves into other European countries, so while Johnny Foreigner might still show us up with their civilised and relaxed social drinking habits, they'll now be doing it wearing shite trainers and cheap Lonsdale cut-off T Shirts.

It simply has to be an opportunity to pick up a cheap vehicle on which to hang his Sports Direct banner.

Hope the cnut falls flat on his arse and liquidation 2 - the sequel arrives swiftly, wearing shite trainers and a three pack of Slazenger polos.

Not sure on the European exposure as the only thing that would give him that is to rename Ibrox. Not worth the trouble for 1 or 2 qualifiers against some Eastern European team, millions would need to be spent to get some glamour games at the Sports Direct Superstore Govan. Better exposure if he became an advertising partner with the Champions league or Europa league.

Not sure on the European exposure as the only thing that would give him that is to rename Ibrox. Not worth the trouble for 1 or 2 qualifiers against some Eastern European team, millions would need to be spent to get some glamour games at the Sports Direct Superstore Govan. Better exposure if he became an advertising partner with the Champions league or Europa league.

If it isn't a Sports Direct business decision then what is it? Lending them money to limp on out the goodness of his heart? Turns out he's always been a Sevco fan? Wants to get his hands on Minty Moonbeams Park, the stadium, the car park? Simply wants another plaything? Ego?

Any way you look at it, Ashley has an ulterior motive for getting involved in the basket case club.

I don't but into sports direct advertising either to be honest. He is interested in Rangers as he obviously thinks there is money to be made. As it has been said previously he could sponsor a team for less than he might have to invest in The Rangers to get European exposure. It would be foolish though to think he is going to let it fall flat on it's face, although as he has the loans allegedly secured against assets I guess the risk is low for him. Today could be a big day in this ongoing saga but if Ashley does look to takeover Rangers fully it could still be months until there is stability and years until European football so there is little short term return for him.

I don't but into sports direct advertising either to be honest. He is interested in Rangers as he obviously thinks there is money to be made. As it has been said previously he could sponsor a team for less than he might have to invest in The Rangers to get European exposure. It would be foolish though to think he is going to let it fall flat on it's face, although as he has the loans allegedly secured against assets I guess the risk is low for him. Today could be a big day in this ongoing saga but if Ashley does look to takeover Rangers fully it could still be months until there is stability and years until European football so there is little short term return for him.

He could have sponsored another team for much less but there are two overwhelming reasons why he has gone for Sevco:

1) How many other clubs, which could he have sponsored for less than the pittance he is lending Sevco, have such a large and gullible fan base who would buy a t-shirt for a League Cup semi-final?

2) How many club CEO's would have lent him the crowbar to break his way into the ground and supplied him with the combination to the safe?

He could have sponsored another team for much less but there are two overwhelming reasons why he has gone for Sevco:

1) How many other clubs, which could he have sponsored for less than the pittance he is lending Sevco, have such a large and gullible fan base who would buy a t-shirt for a League Cup semi-final?

2) How many club CEO's would have lent him the crowbar to break his way into the ground and supplied him with the combination to the safe?

The "Lending Sevco" part is the important information. MA will be creaming from the Rangers fan's giros until the club collapses, then he can take his pick of the assets.

It's simply for money. And actually if that's the case I don't mind. Newcastle were £100 million in debt when he took over, he lent them money and then got it back over time while returning the club to profit, squeezing every penny out for himself in return. In 2016 he will have made a fortune and will sell up for more money. And be honest, it makes sense, Newcastle are performing well in the EPL despite what anyone says.

Rangers run at a loss. Ashley will change that, and balance the books. He will profit slowly from merchandise and advertising as well as repayment of the loans.

Then, in a couple of years time once he has made a profit and rangers are in good health he will sell up for more profit. Rangers will be run correctly and I would bet we do not waste a single penny under his reign.

The SFA thing, I think he will find a way round it, take a fine/points deduction and move on.

Remember he has decided to sell Newcastle in 2016, so the chance of Rangers competing in Europe alongside Newcastle is slim.

The man is a money making machine, he's seen the chance to WALK unchallenged into a club, make a few bob and walk out again.

I have zero doubt in my mind that's his plan.

However, if it doesn't work out he will simply walk away, and we will collapse.

So, he's either only interested in a vehicle for Sports Direct, only interested in getting supporter spend on merchandise, only interested in picking up the pieces when Liquidation II happens, or only interested in fleecing everyone for short term gain, or maybe, just maybe, spending time 'doing a Fergus' and sorting out the mess before selling and riding out of town? Just another spiv - just one that this time, doesn't wear a shiny grey Ralph Slater suit, but wears a two sizes too small NUFC polyester replica jersey.

Good luck with this one Sevconians. Better hope he really does want to stick around long enough to sort it out.

There appears to be a little confusion over the MA involvement. The vehicle used to provide the money for the loan is a personal company owned by MA and nothing to do with Sports Direct. MA will be looking at using the club to make money on a personal level, not for Sports Direct in which he holds around half the shares of the company.

ETA: If anything, he will be using Sports Direct to boost his own wealth by using Rangers as a transactional vehicle.

Wow, I've no idea what's going but I'm sure it's hilarious.

Could Ashley be engineering a situation where he could hold a gun to the SFA over getting his own way?

I'm sure the SFA has, both in public and in private, compromised its few principles over the past two and a half years to keep the Proddy franchise going. Greased up and shuffling backwards with its arse in the air towards big Mike wouldn't be a surprise.

Just please, please, let's keep the 'big fixture' alive. It's all the broadcasters care about.

It's simply for money. And actually if that's the case I don't mind. Newcastle were £100 million in debt when he took over, he lent them money and then got it back over time while returning the club to profit, squeezing every penny out for himself in return. In 2016 he will have made a fortune and will sell up for more money. And be honest, it makes sense, Newcastle are performing well in the EPL despite what anyone says.

Rangers run at a loss. Ashley will change that, and balance the books. He will profit slowly from merchandise and advertising as well as repayment of the loans.

Then, in a couple of years time once he has made a profit and rangers are in good health he will sell up for more profit. Rangers will be run correctly and I would bet we do not waste a single penny under his reign.

The SFA thing, I think he will find a way round it, take a fine/points deduction and move on.

Remember he has decided to sell Newcastle in 2016, so the chance of Rangers competing in Europe alongside Newcastle is slim.

The man is a money making machine, he's seen the chance to WALK unchallenged into a club, make a few bob and walk out again.

I have zero doubt in my mind that's his plan.

However, if it doesn't work out he will simply walk away, and we will collapse.

I totally agree with what you say but there is one small matter you didn't mention. When he sells up, who is going to buy the club? Yes, "Rangers Men" and we all know where that will lead. Back onto the spiral of overspending, as that is the Rangers' way. Your fans are never going to accept that your club will have to live within its means. Your hatred of Celtic and the need to smash them to a pulp will blind you all to inevitable train crash.

If it isn't a Sports Direct business decision then what is it? Lending them money to limp on out the goodness of his heart? Turns out he's always been a Sevco fan? Wants to get his hands on Minty Moonbeams Park, the stadium, the car park? Simply wants another plaything? Ego?

Any way you look at it, Ashley has an ulterior motive for getting involved in the basket case club.

making money all the way. He gets the money from merchandising for now and unless they pull a miracle from somewhere they can't pay back his loans so he will pick up the car park and the wee hoose (edminson?) and no one knows if the 3rd million was secured against anything. Next loan up will be against Murray park or Ibrox.

He then pulls funding and they go into Admin with no assets so they are liquidated again. A white night turns up and picks up the name (and history?) then they need to deal with him or he can punt them to a developer for more than the 3/4 million he spent buying them.

or maybe this is just wishful thinking.

What i don't get is what do the easdales get by siding with him other than keeping their jobs for a bit longer?

I totally agree with what you say but there is one small matter you didn't mention. When he sells up, who is going to buy the club? Yes, "Rangers Men" and we all know where that will lead. Back onto the spiral of overspending, as that is the Rangers' way. Your fans are never going to accept that your club will have to live within its means. Your hatred of Celtic and the need to smash them to a pulp will blind you all to inevitable train crash.

Perhaps, but Ashley doesn't give a shit about that. He will take every penny he can get then sell it on for as much as he can get.

It is all about profit for the man.

I remember a Canadian guy with a bunnet getting the same treatment from the Celtic fans when he started to dismantle the old boys network .

My fear is that this monster could actually rise from the ashes .........But only if the "PEOPLE" have the patience.

Reading that report from Somers though, it looks like "THE PEOPLE" will have very little say in the matter.

There will be hell on earth for a couple of years when the real austerity cuts are going on , but just wait for them to slowly re-emerge and latch on when they see the signs of progress.

The question is....Can the blue noses handle the humility and indignity of going back to basics and REALLY starting from scratch ?

No really, I mainly go on the juniors forum so it makes sense to use Bonnyrigg Rose. It's not "another team", it's a club I support. loads of folk I know follow their local junior team as well as a bigger club.

So many genuine debates go tits up as soon as someone from either half of the old firm gets involved so I use Bonnyrigg to avoid that.

Hopefully that is ok with you, sir.

Obviously not his fault...

There's a pattern here ;)

I remember a Canadian guy with a bunnet getting the same treatment from the Celtic fans when he started to dismantle the old boys network .

My fear is that this monster could actually rise from the ashes .........But only if the "PEOPLE" have the patience.

Reading that report from Somers though, it looks like "THE PEOPLE" will have very little say in the matter.

There will be hell on earth for a couple of years when the real austerity cuts are going on , but just wait for them to slowly re-emerge and latch on when they see the signs of progress.

The question is....Can the blue noses handle the humility and indignity of going back to basics and REALLY starting from scratch ?

I'm pretty sure Ashley will lend them the money to get Ibrox fumigated. :)

The Bunett had full control over Celtic though.

Rangers's board is a squabbling mess. If Ashley can get full control then maybe he could fix it but patience is needed.

Ashley wouldn't need that much money to build a team to challenge Celtic.

Superb post, if certain members of the rest of your support had taken this attitude nearly three years ago then I, for one, would have finished taunting Rangers fans at liquidation.

The bluster and bravado of your fellow supporters has kept the laughter going, the defiance, the up yours attitude, the triumphalism, the WATP, the five stars, the 54 titles, the 140 years, the superiority complexes etc etc has seen the majority of Scottish fans, Scottish football even, want to see your club wiped from the face of the earth.

I feel sorry for fans like you but the second demise of Rangers will be glorious for Scottish football and you have your fellow supporters to thank for that.

Spot on.

The creation of the Newco and it gaining a berth in the SFL should really have marked the end of all our fun. In fact, the fun has been cranked up in ways we could not have imagined since then.

Archived