Neither a fans' group nor a 'legend' can get started on anything along these lines because of the fear of losing the 'HISTORY' not to mention the 'TRADITIONS', so it will always be a non-starter. They will continue to await the arrival of a billionaire 'saviour'.

There'll be another one along in a few minutes, I'm sure. :blink:

This is a big part of Rangers' problem in finding a way out of this.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highly ironic that Rangers will go begging to the Scottish football authorities, to clear Ashely "take over" and will need to the nod from Peter Lawwell . Pretty sure Peter will nod away, knowing that a dead Rangers is no use to him. A weak Rangers tho...

The very first thing Rangers and Celtic should do is separate themselves from each other. The argument they need each other is dead given Celtic are thriving.

Having a 100+ year old rivalry that drags both clubs into the gutter is pointless. Might then get rid of some of the arseholes as well.

The very first thing Rangers and Celtic should do is separate themselves from each other. The argument they need each other is dead given Celtic are thriving.

Having a 100+ year old rivalry that drags both clubs into the gutter is pointless. Might then get rid of some of the arseholes as well.

Can't see how they are thriving given they are playing to vastly reduced crowds (less season tickets sold) - so clearly the current SPL is of no real attraction.

You could suggest they played to full houses down to the desire to attend the old firm games - you would need a season to have a chance of a ticket.

Very seldom prior to the demise of Rangers was the SPL won by as large margins as now. It's a bad set up when the league flag could be handed over in August.

This is a big part of Rangers' problem in finding a way out of this.

Starting a new club would be the best situation, getting back to the ideals of the pioneers, but it won't happen for the simple reason that none of those setting out on the journey would ever see their club win 20 league titles, nevermind 54. In a way it's like someone who writes a blockbuster novel like "War and Peace" or "Gone with the Wind" and whose hard drive packs up. You know you have a winner but you just can't be bothered starting over again as your next attempt might not be as good as the now-lost original. You just keep hanging on to your memories, hoping that one day someone will be able to recover the data from the disk.

Can't see how they are thriving given they are playing to vastly reduced crowds (less season tickets sold) - so clearly the current SPL is of no real attraction.

You could suggest they played to full houses down to the desire to attend the old firm games - you would need a season to have a chance of a ticket.

Very seldom prior to the demise of Rangers was the SPL won by as large margins as now. It's a bad set up when the league flag could be handed over in August.

Yeah it was far more exciting when only Celtic or Rangers could win it as opposed to only Celtic.

How often have there been 5 teams within 6 points at the top of tier 1 on Christmas Day?

It's a bad set up when the league flag could be handed over in August.

When has that ever, actually been the case?

I could understand this argument if they were beating teams 3 or 4 nil every week but they don't.

There are plenty of matches this year where they have lost, drawn or scraped victories. It's only been in the last few weeks that they have been at the top of the league and they are only a few points ahead.

The whole 'Celtic are much more amazing than everyone else' line is pish at the moment.

Really?

I can recall 20+ points margins when both were doing fine.

The gap to third was usually big. If you couldn't stand the OF anyway, any closeness between them was an irrelevance.

I think you are kidding yourself, celtic won the league last year by 29 points and by a large margin in the previous 2 years where they did not really have any serious competition, for a club spending more than £40M on wages they are unbelievably shit this year but they still have a budget of 10x what their next nearest competitor have, over 38 games there is only ever going to be one winner.

I agree that for non OF fans nothing has really changed, if things were to go on without Rangers in the top flight then celtic will gradually weaken but it would take at least 10 years probably more for that gap to narrow to the point where there would be a serious chance of another club winning the league.

I'm not kidding anyone - Celtic running away with the League is exactly the same as Celtic or Rangers running away with the League.

Do you disagree that 4 other teams withing 6 points of them at Xmas makes for an exciting league? Perhaps not in terms of the eventual winners, but certainly in terms of the European places.

I think you are kidding yourself, celtic won the league last year by 29 points and by a large margin in the previous 2 years where they did not really have any serious competition, for a club spending more than £40M on wages they are unbelievably shit this year but they still have a budget of 10x what their next nearest competitor have, over 38 games there is only ever going to be one winner.

I agree that for non OF fans nothing has really changed, if things were to go on without Rangers in the top flight then celtic will gradually weaken but it would take at least 10 years probably more for that gap to narrow to the point where there would be a serious chance of another club winning the league.

The first paragraph pretty much describes your own club, with a couple of number changes. The only difference comes when we take this season into account. Do you really believe that Rangers would be more of a threat to Celtic than Aberdeen, Dundee United or Hearts next season? If so, you really are away with the fairies.

Ok Ted, even if we accept that and it strikes me as pretty reasonable, the ten year wait sounds a lot more attractive to everyone else than the never, never we looked ahead to when the OF arms race was in full swing.

I did agree with you on the celtic/ Rangers thing.

The small points gap that celtic currently enjoy is fooling nobody apart from those that think the league is currently exciting.

Hate to break it to you Tedi, the league is exciting.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Yep that is realistic and I can see exactly why you find this scenario attractive, I would of course prefer my own club got sorted out and became part of that chasing group, I can but hope.

And that hope gives you a wee bit of excitement. If, and that's a big if, Rangers sort themselves out then that excitement will grow with improvement. The improvement year on year with my club excites me.

Perspective mate, perspective.

If you think a race for second place is exciting then hell go for it.

Almost as exciting as chasing Huntly for the HFL title in Caledonian's last season.

Our next milestone is not the title it is Europe. That's where the excitement lies.

The journey Tedi, it's not just the arrival which stimulates excitement it's the experiences along the route.

If you think a race for second place is exciting then hell go for it.

It's certainly more exciting than a race for third, which was (realistically) all anyone could hope to achieve up to a few years ago.

I like Tedi but his blinkered views and reverting to type are typical of Rangers (and Celtic) fans. There is absolutely no need to try to belittle the aspirations of others especially when his own club are, without doubt, the biggest laughing stock in world football.

And they wonder why we, collectively, hate them.

At times I like you Tedi but your latest posts in this thread are those of an utter c**t.

Same as the rangers are involved in, you mean?

Only thing exciting about it is wondering if they will stay in second place or drop even lower. Mind you, it can't be very exciting when you're 30 points in front and your team is playing shite foorball.

Archived