Alex Neil To Norwich ?

I was more concerned with what players would be leaving during this transfer window I never even gave the gaffer a thought. This has to be an even bigger kick in the baws than any of our players leaving. I don't think any Accies fan could hold it against Neil if he moves there. Look what happened to BR. Norwich is a big, big club. Like others I reckon Canning will get the nod to at least the end of the season. :bairn

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noooo I can't believe this, I could of handled losing some of our players but to lose the main man will be gutting.

Really good move for him and if he chooses to go then I wish all the best, Norwich will probably become my english team.

All will be announced tomorrow, can't wait :(

ETA what about Mark McLaughlin, he should be close to retiring from playing football, always thought he'd be a Decent manager.

Norwich fans not happy.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3204903/ShowPost.aspx

Hope Neil proves all the backwards hillbillies wrong.

There's even a thread on there titled, "if its Alex Neil why not Ally McCoist?" - jeez.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush, unfortunately our forum has its fair share of moaning minnies, wind up merchants and Ipswich fans in disguise.

Unfortunately our board has got it wrong twice since Lambert left, acting far too late last season when the warning signs were there the season before regarding Hughton and then appointing somebody who is a very good coach but had no senior management experience in an attempt to get back to the promised land at the first time of asking. There is a lack of trust from supporters that they will not get it wrong again and perhaps that explains the OTT reaction from some when an unfamiliar comes into the frame.

Presumably if appointed Neil will work with Mike Phelan and what is on paper the strongest squad in the Championship. Despite being only vaguely familiar with the name Alex Neil when I woke up this morning having read about him and his pedigree since I think this would be an exciting appointment which, if it comes off, could get our season back on track and get the club back where it really ought to be. If he can't get us up then his track record with youngsters bodes well for next season and beyond as we won the FA youth cup the season before last and have our best crop of young players for many years on the fringes of the first team and a category 1 academy.

Personally I'd be very happy if this goes through rather than some of the other names in the betting ie Sherwood, Warnock, Adkins etc.

Noooo I can't believe this, I could of handled losing some of our players but to lose the main man will be gutting.

Really good move for him and if he chooses to go then I wish all the best, Norwich will probably become my english team.

All will be announced tomorrow, can't wait :(

ETA what about Mark McLaughlin, he should be close to retiring from playing football, always thought he'd be a Decent manager.

^^^^ Non glory hunter.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush, unfortunately our forum has its fair share of moaning minnies, wind up merchants and Ipswich fans in disguise.

Unfortunately our board has got it wrong twice since Lambert left, acting far too late last season when the warning signs were there the season before regarding Hughton and then appointing somebody who is a very good coach but had no senior management experience in an attempt to get back to the promised land at the first time of asking. There is a lack of trust from supporters that they will not get it wrong again and perhaps that explains the OTT reaction from some when an unfamiliar comes into the frame.

Presumably if appointed Neil will work with Mike Phelan and what is on paper the strongest squad in the Championship. Despite being only vaguely familiar with the name Alex Neil when I woke up this morning having read about him and his pedigree since I think this would be an exciting appointment which, if it comes off, could get our season back on track and get the club back where it really ought to be. If he can't get us up then his track record with youngsters bodes well for next season and beyond as we won the FA youth cup the season before last and have our best crop of young players for many years on the fringes of the first team and a category 1 academy.

Personally I'd be very happy if this goes through rather than some of the other names in the betting ie Sherwood, Warnock, Adkins etc.

Now that's a fair reaction. Reading posts from certain usernames on that forum was just cringeworthy.

I think it's a tough step up for Neil, but one that he's earned the right to make. He's got a newly promoted side challenging for Europe (and currently the title, although that surely can't last), playing entertaining football and using homegrown youth along the way. No matter what league that's in, it's been a very impressive season so far for him, and I hope he does well if he does get the job.

A massive loss if he goes and we can put an end to talk of top 6 let alone European fitba. We will plummet down the league.

Behave. We are ten points ahead of the team in sixth never mind seventh. St Johnstone and Killie will lose plenty more games. Even if we do lose a couple of players too, our U20s are top of the league and already a few of those lads have first team experience - Lyon, Watson and Brophy. We shouldn't be finishing any worse than sixth now. Fifth would be realistic.

Great post.

Out of interest, did Gary Holt leave the club too?

Think the key on a replacement would be their willingness to work with young players coming through from the youth system rather than seeing the transfer market as the answer to everything. Don't think a big name like Stuart McCall fits the bill on that.

Kenny Shiels, NAP.

Who is going to manage accies ? Few names from top of head, Ian Murray? Stuart Taylor whats he upto ? Stuart mcall?

Would Alan Maitland maybe fancy a crack at the big league? He knows the club inside out and has the respect of us all.

Good luck to him if he goes.

Much better seeing the next generation of managers getting recognition than the usual tired old faces mentioned with every post in Scotland eg Calderwood, Jeffries, Butcher, Duffy etc.

No reason he wouldn't be a success at Norwich although I think the owner is a bit of a fruitcake. ;)

Archived