Alex Neil To Norwich ?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be a big kick in the baws for Accies fans but given the spell he's had in charge, from a career/financial security point of view, he'd be mad not to take the big pay day down south as (a) he might never get the chance again as smaller clubs find it difficult to sustain success and (b) even if he tanks at Norwich, he's all but guaranteed another job in Scotland on the strength of what he's done on a small budget so far with accies.

On the positive side for Accies fans, it seems to me that they now have a well run club with a long term structure that isn't reliant on the 1st team manager and they are likely to attract some decent names (and Danny Lennon) to take over from Neil.

The Butcher to Hibs thing was bad enough but it dragged out for so long you accepted he was away long before the deal was done. Accies fans must be gutted/seething/stunned as it's came from nowhere.

The Butcher to Hibs thing was bad enough but it dragged out for so long you accepted he was away long before the deal was done. Accies fans must be gutted/seething/stunned as it's came from nowhere.

I'm a mixture of all, man. Gutted cause of what he's done for us, annoyed cos I didn't think he'd abandon us like this (understandable though) and stunned cause it's happened so quickly.

I'm lost for words. This has all came from nowhere. Brilliant move for him but I'm absolutely gutted as it looks pretty final now. Going to be Canzo.

I would hope so. As I said in the other thread, I don't think Canning's ready but I'd rather give him a punt than some of the usual suspects that pop up whenever there's a vacancy.

Dundee fans will need a new hate figure now.

:lol: wot?

Alex Neil has managed to beat Dundee once (once) in his managerial career. Alex Neil was responsible for losing the plot, bottle and ultimately the Championship last season.

We love Alex.

I'm lost for words. This has all came from nowhere. Brilliant move for him but I'm absolutely gutted as it looks pretty final now. Going to be Canzo.

I know someone who is unbeaten against high-flying Accies this season who would be available for very little compensation...

JS30188528.jpg

Archived