Alex Neil To Norwich ?

Norwich have already spoken to Neil so you'd assume a fee for him would have be agreed with the Accies.

The Tweet seems to have came from some Celtic fan so it's probably a lot of shite.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I'm aware they need to pay both, plus there's talk of him taking andreu down with him so add what another 1m onto that

Tony Andreu is worth 500k MAX. However Norwich have already spunked £1m on another one of these overhyped Falkirk youngsters so it wouldn't surprise me

Kenny something. He suggested Barry Ferguson for the St Mirren job a few weeks back as well. He's clearly a massive Sevco fan.

Kenny Macintyre. His Twitter feed consists almost solely of posts about Rangers.

Hilarious M8.

Cheers m9.

Seriously Neil has done an excellent job and Accies will miss his influence on the park and from the dugout and training pitch. It is critical that Accies get a young talented coach in a similar vein, although a player manager may not be required.

Simple for Accies now.

Employ Ian Murray. Finish 3rd. Job done.

Looking from the outside this was the name that sprung to mind for me. I'm not sure of the effectiveness of the Dumbarton youth academy/team but he has done a good job with the resources available to him.

Who would Accies fans fancy for the role? Someone like Murray or an internal promotion?

This will be a huge loss for Accies. Neil has done a fantastic job there and deserves a shot at the (relative) big time.

Best of luck to him.

Danny Lennon, anyone?

Tommy Craig's out of work.

Cheers m9.

Seriously Neil has done an excellent job and Accies will miss his influence on the park and from the dugout and training pitch. It is critical that Accies get a young talented coach in a similar vein, although a player manager may not be required.

Looking from the outside this was the name that sprung to mind for me. I'm not sure of the effectiveness of the Dumbarton youth academy/team but he has done a good job with the resources available to him.

Who would Accies fans fancy for the role? Someone like Murray or an internal promotion?

I'm willing to let Canning have a punt, he's worked with the club and Neil for a long time, and I would hope he carries on the philosophy.

A lot of Accies are a bit negative about him but it was the same when Neil was appointed, the fans moaned saying he'd be another billy reid, well look how that turned out.

Mark McLaughlin is there as well, don't know if he wants to quit playing though, even though he is 39.

Canning for me. Been coaching the u19's and other levels for a while now same as Neil done. Knows the club inside out and has alot of leadership qualities. My main worry is that Neil decides he wants to take him to Norwich with him. So bloody gutting, 2 massive games coming up aswell.

Why no? Didn't do a bad job last time around. Canning would be a blind punt.

He got stale with the club and the fans got agitated with his tatics, plus after what he said when he left i doubt he would even consider coming back.

Why no? Didn't do a bad job last time around. Canning would be a blind punt.

No ta.

I'm with others who think Canning should get a chance, same route taken as Neil and knows thw players inside out. As long as McAvoy is still assistant I think it could work. If not I'd bring Stuart Taylor back.

He got stale with the club and the fans got agitated with his tatics, plus after what he said when he left i doubt he would even consider coming back.

What did he say? All I heard was that the club and him had a mutual agreement cos he had taken us as far as he could.

Very very very gutted :(

He definitely deserved this but he'll be greatly missed....

Goodbye Alex. We truly will miss you.

Thanks for everything and you will be remembered in accies history.

And again thanks :')

post-54005-1420674681046_thumb.jpg

post-54005-14206746891101_thumb.jpg

post-54005-14206746965555_thumb.jpg

What did he say? All I heard was that the club and him had a mutual agreement cos he had taken us as far as he could.

It wasn't anything major, just something along the lines of scottish football is going no where and that the Swedish leagues offer better opportunities for players.

Like all other Accies fans, absolutely gutted about this move. But, if it happens, a move which is richly deserved. He has given the club almost 10 years of excellent service and was a big, big part of our success story during the McCarthy/MacArthur era a well as his recent heroics as player/manager.

A lot are questioning his ability to step up to a much bigger club and, of course, this is an unknown which can never be answered until he does the job. One of the things which may attract him to Norwich is their fantastic youth set up. Seemingly it is one of the best in their division and they are FA Youth Cup holders. Knowing Alex's tremendous faith in giving youth it's chance he may view Norwich as the perfect fit for his progression.

As for us, we can only console ourselves that, even if he does leave, he has almost guaranteed us (barring a spectacular collapse) a top six finish already which, for a club like Accies, is nothing short of remarkable! Our ethos of developing new playing and managerial talent is the reason behind our success to date and, although it may hurt in moments like this, that is something I wouldn't want to change for the world. So, if AN does leave, no billy-big-name boss for me. Agree that Canning would provide the continuity as he now knows the club inside out. Or, if not him, definitely someone who is eager to cut his teeth in management and willing to work within the vision that has brought the club so much success in recent years.

If he does go, just want to say thank you to Sir Alex, who will undoubtedly go down as a club legend (possibly the greatest ever).

Archived