Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been snowing in Glasgow all day my dad was working there all and was making his way home about 4 or 5pm and said the snow was heavy at that time and i seen other places fans saying the roads were bad with snow so surely if they're going to call a game off do it before fans travel, Conditions on the park were getting better so the game could have continued it was just a farcical display from the officials.

The heavy snow only started at 4.20pm and lasted for 15 minutes max.

They were slavering a load of pish - there is no way that pitch was playable - the game was a farce.

Michael Stewart saying 'it's getting better', while sleet pished down behind him.

Are you aware of the concept of the conditions being equal for both teams?

Yes. They're off. And the fans know they're off. I'll lay you good odds their pitches aren't just lightly covered with melting snow.

This was the rangers' biggest game of the season - against the runaway leaders, live on TV, etc. How much have they cost themselves by their incompetence (wilful or otherwise)? That pitch could have been cleared.

Read your initial post... You said no non league club would have called that game off.... Well they have an additional 17 hours but there games are off are they not??

This was the rangers' biggest game of the season - against the runaway leaders, live on TV, etc. How much have they cost themselves by their incompetence (wilful or otherwise)? That pitch could have been cleared. what has that to do with it???

Willie Miller is an experienced ex-pro - he's on Sportsound saying the pitch was unplayable.

I think it was playable - I've certainly seen worse. Its clearly a debatable point, with pundits on both sides.

My point, quite simply, is that those in the studio were not 'morons' - they were experienced ex-pros.

They showed footage of Bobby Madden kicking the ball about pre kick off when the snow was still falling. The ball was running freely as the snow was still powdery at that stage so I can see why he let it start.

However, as soon as it stopped snowing it started to turn to slush which is what caused the problems. He seems to have thought a combination of under soil heating and players running about would melt the snow much quicker but it obviously wasn't happening. Still dunno why they didn't try and clear it though.

I think it was playable - I've certainly seen worse. Its clearly a debatable point, with pundits on both sides.

My point, quite simply, is that those in the studio were not 'morons' - they were experienced ex-pros.

Just because we've seen worse, doesn't mean it was playable.

None of the pundits involved are morons, though - you're right about that.

They showed footage of Bobby Madden kicking the ball about pre kick off when the snow was still falling. The ball was running freely as the snow was still powdery at that stage so I can see why he let it start.

However, as soon as it stopped snowing it started to turn to slush which is what caused the problems. He seems to have thought a combination of under soil heating and players running about would melt the snow much quicker but it obviously wasn't happening. Still dunno why they didn't try and clear it though.

Robbie Neilson has said he was happy for the game to start, so they could judge whether it was ok not - it quickly became clear that it was not.

Archived