Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was playable - I've certainly seen worse. Its clearly a debatable point, with pundits on both sides.

My point, quite simply, is that those in the studio were not 'morons' - they were experienced ex-pros.

Just because we've seen worse, doesn't mean it was playable.

None of the pundits involved are morons, though - you're right about that.

They showed footage of Bobby Madden kicking the ball about pre kick off when the snow was still falling. The ball was running freely as the snow was still powdery at that stage so I can see why he let it start.

However, as soon as it stopped snowing it started to turn to slush which is what caused the problems. He seems to have thought a combination of under soil heating and players running about would melt the snow much quicker but it obviously wasn't happening. Still dunno why they didn't try and clear it though.

Robbie Neilson has said he was happy for the game to start, so they could judge whether it was ok not - it quickly became clear that it was not.

I think it was playable - I've certainly seen worse. Its clearly a debatable point, with pundits on both sides.

My point, quite simply, is that those in the studio were not 'morons' - they were experienced ex-pros.

Experienced ex pros they may be but their vocabulary is somewhat limited at times

Read your initial post... You said no non league club would have called that game off.... Well they have an additional 17 hours but there games are off are they not??

This was the rangers' biggest game of the season - against the runaway leaders, live on TV, etc. How much have they cost themselves by their incompetence (wilful or otherwise)? That pitch could have been cleared.

what has that to do with it???

For the same conditions? I would suggest not. Two dozen willing fans or staff could have had that pitch clear, no problem. Given the distance some fans will have travelled, that is simply unacceptable.

Oh, and learn how to use the quote function, there's a good chap.

Robbie Neilson has said he was happy for the game to start, so they could judge whether it was ok not - it quickly became clear that it was not.

Surely this is breaking their guidelines?

I thought the pitch had to be playable before you could start? Surely then it has to get worse for the game to go off? Both the ref and Neilson suggested they were hoping it would become playable.

Watching this game abroad without any commentary or insight from pundits so looking for some clarity here. What's the official line from madden? No way should this game have even kicked off tonight with those conditions.

Archived