Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wullie Miller - "Is it really a surprise the state the club is in?"

^^^ nail on head

Tom English chiming in with the likes of "Mortifying", "Embarrassing" and "a disgrace to Scottish football".

I wonder what his thoughts on the call-off were? :whistle

Afraid I'm a bit old-school on this. Felt it was right to start, and having started, he should've pressed-on unless things worsened.

Tom English unhappy with Rangers efforts:

"The embarrassing thing is it stopped snowing at seven o'clock. They had 45 minutes to clear the pitch. There wasn't an effort to do so."

Its a hard decision to be the guy who calls the game off when there are thousands who have made the trip, don't blame the ref at all for giving it a go but can understand the frustration

Not sure as to why the home support were booing?

Also it wasn't snowing all day in Glasgow but they could have perhaps checked the forecast and laid down some sort of protective sheath across the pitch like they do at Wimbledon and that would have helped? Was freshly landed sludge that caused this debacle

It started snowing really heavily in the city centre about 4ish. Plenty time to cover the pitch or even call it off. Once it started though I think Madden's made the correct decision to postpone it - I'm not too sure what the BT Sport pundits were all about there tbh.

Obviously no one wants to see the game called off so Madden didn't want to make that call without giving it a bash, he was constantly in contact with the 4th official and talked to the 2 managers and still tried to let it go. Never an easy decision but don't think he did an awful lot wrong

That moron in the studio should try ref such a game himself before being so critical

Care to expand on that with detailed reasoning?

It's been snowing in Glasgow all day my dad was working there all and was making his way home about 4 or 5pm and said the snow was heavy at that time and i seen other places fans saying the roads were bad with snow so surely if they're going to call a game off do it before fans travel, Conditions on the park were getting better so the game could have continued it was just a farcical display from the officials.

Since the game never made it to half time, a refund has to be issued. If the game had made it to half time then they would have been able to charge full price for the replay.

Totally agree with the sentiment.....but a refund fae Ra Gers??? :lol::lol::lol:

What. A. Fucking. Disgrace.

There isn't one club in Scotland who couldn't have had that pitch prepared in time for tonight. Not one, and I include non-league clubs. Fúck knows what they're playing at, but that needs addressing and the club/company/clusterfuck fining, and fining properly.

What a stupid fucking post!!! Look at the amount of non league and scottish league games that are off tomorrow.

Archived