Nick Robinson

ICTJohnboy

H_B, on 14 Jan 2015 - 09:19, said:

I think whining bitchery is usually your preserve.

Anything to lift you from that bland collection of utter forum irrelevances you usually wallow in is a boon I suppose.

^ Missing Supras.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the interview. So can't comment on what went on between the pair.

Perhaps you can comment on Salmond being exposed as a liar by Neil. Were you seething at your hero ?

I'm going to guess at No.

Fair enough.

I can give you Salmond's lie, so you can decide how outraged you want to be :-

Salmond is asked: “Have you sought legal advice on this matter?”

He responds: “Yes, in terms of the debate.”

The correct answer, as it later emerged was "No".

Having looked at the transcript in more detail I would call that an obfuscation as opposed to a lie.

You had me worried for a second.

Now, back on topic, here is Robinson getting an absolute rag dolling by Salmond.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jo113LjqB0

The BBC later cut Salmond's clear cur responses and Nick Robinson said he didn't answer. Very irresponsible reporting at the time, don't you think?

They discussed the information and clearly mentioned that the greens had about 500 more members than the lib dems. And they then went on to discuss how the Greens were the 3rd biggest party in terms of membership in the UK.

Even with the information staring them in their face they couldn't report it accurately. If I knew how to find the news clip and how to post it I would.

That's not how it works. No mates in the BBC? You're not getting in.

If I remember correctly they qualified it by saying nationally. Talking only about parties represented across the whole of the UK. I could be wrong. Seems strange to even show SNP figures if that's the case

No party is represented across the whole of the UK.

Not important how or if I voted. I think it was a a scandal how the BBC edited the report to suggest that Robinson was vindicated as the FM didn't/couldn't answer his question. The un edited version on you tube showed clearly that he did. Spending about 10 minutes answering it if IRC.

• 7 months later...

He also said the SNP organised the demo outside the BBC during the referendum campaign. George Monbiot basically told him to pipe down.

He's got a book to sell, bless him.

I preferred him when he was Mulder & Scully's boss.

The brit establishment hate any kind of criticism. Robinson got caught and is trying to blame Salmond and the nasty nats.

It's all on Youtube and he can't handle that. He lied and is not trustworthy. Typical brit in fact!

Archived