County v Maureens 17/1/15 - how many points are at stake really?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Lex has rightly pointed out, at the end of the day whether the decision was right or wrong it didn't affect the outcome of the game itself. It could, however, have an effect on the outcome of the relegation battle, hence it is worth discussing. Despite agreeing earlier on the thread with someone who suggested it wasn't even a foul, further analysis of photo evidence demands I change that opinion. One of the biggest problems, I feel, about this kind of situation, is the huge obsession with positioning of feet and all the rest of it. There is an awful lot more to consider, sometimes we get so distracted by these details that we miss the real issue.

And I quote:

"...blah blsh blah lunging in with both feet and landing on the opponent's ankle, (such as like what Joann Arquin did that time against Lewis Tosheny that time), it is almost certainly a red-card offence.

4.6 (B) If a player at any time during the game removes his scissors from his pocket / sleeve and attempts, successfully or otherwise, to remove an opponents legs (such as like what Joann Arquin did against Lewis Toshney that time), it is without question a red-card offence."

- The Rule Book, Page 7.

HmIdIa1.png

The County fans seem a decent bunch, TBH.

We have already accepted the inevitable, so there's no need to worry about things like this. It's like Evey in V for vandetta; we've already accepted our fate, so now we are truly free.

Ooft. Few folk looking daft on this thread now.

Strangely enough, very few of them county fans who by and large agreed that it was a poor decision.

Mea culpa! :D

I did not see that being rescinded but thank f**k it has! Arquin has started well for us too.

I felt it was overly harsh and a yellow would suffice. It didn't seem to be high, out of control or excessive force, so I was surprised people thought it was a red. The BBC suggesting retribution was frankly nonsense.

Mind you I'm still annoyed at the softness of football these days!

Archived