Australian Open Tennis

lichtie23

I thought the match was excellent. Dimitrov came out all guns blazing and Murray found himself down a break without putting a foot wrong. Murray worked Dimitrov very well with a variety of shots and systematically broke down his back hand and forehand at different parts of the match. He really should have won it in three, but Dimitrov deserved a set with his play. Great character from Murray in the first and fourth sets to come back down from the break to take each set, and a slight loss of focus at the end of the second cost him another hour of play.

I thought Murray was a bit naughty in Dimitrov's last service game. It was a service winner and the call had no effect on him but didn't concede. Usually he would concede but I dare say because of Dimitrov's not admitting the double bounce made his mind up for him.

A bit surprised Kyrgios came through, but the real Seppi seemed to have turned up today. The main thing for Murray in the QF will be to get ahead as early as possible to silence the crowd for Kyrgios can't feed off them. However Kyrgios movement and foot speed is very poor, and he will need to serve better than he has this tournament to have a realistic chance of winning the match. Also a bit gutted that Kyrgios went through as it will be the last match on Laver on Tuesday 9.30am ish. Meaning I won't see it.

Berdych Nadal should be interesting. Berdych looks to be playing very well and looks motivated. However I do feel that Nadal could turn up on crutches and still beat Berdych.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomas Berdych could make Tennis history on Tuesday. If he were to lose to Nadal it would be the first time in the Open era that a player has lost eighteen times in a row to a player. The previous record (a bit of a shock) was Ivan Lendl's streak against Jimmy Connors and Bjorn Borg against Vitas Gerulaitis.

Tomas Berdych could make Tennis history on Tuesday. If he were to lose to Nadal it would be the first time in the Open era that a player has lost eighteen times in a row to a player. The previous record (a bit of a shock) was Ivan Lendl's streak against Jimmy Connors and Bjorn Borg against Vitas Gerulaitis.

Mon the Berdych then

I fully expect to see the organisers put the Aussie on last

From a selfish point of view, here's hoping. A nice wee bit of tennis on Tuesday morning would be lovely jubbly. 8)

Playing at night probably suits Murray too.

From a selfish point of view, here's hoping. A nice wee bit of tennis on Tuesday morning would be lovely jubbly. 8)

Playing at night probably suits Murray too.

Unfortunately for me (and probably a few more on here) il be working so won't get to see it

Wow that would be some record, hopefully this can motivate Berdych a bit more so he can end it.

Murray Kyrgios scheduled for 8.15am on Tuesday. Rudsedski was predicting four sets on Eurosport but I think it will be Murray in three. Should have more than enough.

I'm starting at 8 so will be checking the phone regularly

Archived