Australian Open Tennis

lichtie23

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Berdych being a bottle merchant, well I never. Unless he's allowed to dominate he's not a top 10 player. Then again against everyone but say the top 10, he is allowed the time to do so.

Murray in 4 would be the obvious thing, but I wouldn't totally discount Berdych from potentially grabbing a set by simply going big and close to the lines.

I just wish he would show this much aggression more often, he's pretty much unstoppable when he does. 5-0 up, could be an absolute killer blow if he could hand Berdych a bagel.

It's not always as easy as just being more aggressive, When Berdych was in control of the first set he forced Murray back with his power and precision. He was getting 90% of his first serves in. It was very difficult for Andy to be aggressive, But when that percentage started to drop he was able to take control push Berdych back, and then be more aggressive.

Much like it was difficult for him to be aggressive at the start of the Dimitrov match. Sometimes you just have to absorb your opponent before you can assert yourself on the match.

Archived