Better Call Saul

The Real Saints

Mike was my favourite BB character and that , I know it's early days, has potentially gone in too my top 5 BB/BCS episodes. Loved it - 45minutes flew by. I was really apprehensive about this when it first started didn't know what it was going to be but really can't have any complaints so far.

I thought last week's episode was great, but that was just outstanding. Fantastic performance from Jonathan Banks. For me, that was the first episode which has genuinely been of Breaking Bad standards.

Edit: That last line sounded a bit harsh (unintentionally). By that, I mean that it's the first BCS episode which has managed to bring out a BB-style reaction in me, something which is hugely unexpected and pleasing to see from a 'spin-off' series.

Edited by The Real Saints

That was just perfect television. Banks was superb throughout. I loved the way it went from deadly serious to being much more light heartened as soon as Saul arrives at the police station.

Fascinating to learn about Mike's background. He was such an interesting character throughout BB so to learn more about him has been something I've waited ages for.

The whole cop bar the aftermath was just incredible to watch.

This is one hell of a good show.

That was just perfect television. Banks was superb throughout. I loved the way it went from deadly serious to being much more light heartened as soon as Saul arrives at the police station.

Fascinating to learn about Mike's background. He was such an interesting character throughout BB so to learn more about him has been something I've waited ages for.

The whole cop bar the aftermath was just incredible to watch.

This is one hell of a good show.

Absolutely this. A terrific episode that's made me want to watch the whole thing again. I just need him indoors to hurry up and finish Breaking Bad so I can make him watch it.

Acting, serious acting going on there!!!

Would not be surprised if some kind of award finds itself going to Jonathan Banks after that performace. Have literally just watched it there the now and have to say, that that was simply outstanding viewing. Definitely the best episode so far and I find my self being surprised making that statement, considering how liitle the titular character and everybody's favourite, was actually in it for!!!

As previously said, you knew from BB that Mike had an interesting back story with him, but you wonder if Gilligan knew what it was at the time he created the character???

That would have been one of the best ever episodes of BB if it was known and shown then, or do you think that maybe he was specifically keeping it for BCS or some other spin-off???

Also, just to say, I rewatched Beverly Hills Cop recently (still a great film) and had completely forgot that Jonathan Banks was in it, he was Zack, the main baddie's (Maitland) right hand man and a bad wee fucker he was in that as well!!!

BHC-1.jpg

Acting, serious acting going on there!!!

Would not be surprised if some kind of award finds itself going to Jonathan Banks after that performace. Have literally just watched it there the now and have to say, that that was simply outstanding viewing. Definitely the best episode so far and I find my self being surprised making that statement, considering how liitle the titular character and everybody's favourite, was actually in it for!!!

As previously said, you knew from BB that Mike had an interesting back story with him, but you wonder if Gilligan knew what it was at the time he created the character???

That would have been one of the best ever episodes of BB if it was known and shown then, or do you think that maybe he was specifically keeping it for BCS or some other spin-off???

Listened to the insider's podcast after watching the episode. Gilligan and his producers looked through all of the Breaking Bad scripts involving Mike and, based on those, they decided his back-story in hindsight. However, Jonathan Banks actually gave Gilligan the idea during the filming of an earlier BB episode (the one when Mike is sitting in the park whilst his grand-daughter is on the swings). Jonathan said something like, ''She is my grand-daughter, but her mother is definitely not my daughter. Mike has been hurt in the past, and it's more likely to have something to do with his son.''

You have to appreciate it when actors take their character that seriously.

Was watching an interview today where Vince Gilligan says that in the future we are going to get to see more of Saul's present day life, as in post Breaking Bad. That's exciting news to me as it now means we get to see this character's life as slippin' Jimmy, Jimmy McGill and Saul Goodman before and after Breaking bad happened, and whats not to like about that!

Coincidental that Betsy was the name of the actress who played Marie in Breaking Bad who was also extremely annoying.

Anyone else think Hector was going to appear when that bell started ringing during the bingo session?

Bit slower than last week but still savouring every minute.

Another excellent episode. As above the whole Mike eating apples scene (surely that doesn't need a spoiler? :P) was fantastic.

Worringly though my girlfriend has decided that she's not enjoying BCS. Say's it's dull. First person I've ever seen have a bad word about it!