New Rangers to become Newcastle Feeder Club?

i would think its a clear kick in the teeth to all Rangers youth players. Im in no doubts rangers had no say in this matter and that Rangers sugar daddy sent them up wether they like it or not. Still just another embarassing day for the club that just keep on giving.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers won't pay a penny towards anything. It'll all mount up as debt owed to Ashley. Further strengthening his position the they will be reliant on him for money and players.

Looks pretty much like it Sarge..............which drives a coach and horses through the SFA's 10% 'rule'...........what a feckin' shambles of an organisation they are.

:thumbsdown

The problem, as you're bright enough to be well aware of, is not the loan rules but the multiple ownership rules.

Hearts and Kaunus?

Man Utd and Royal Antwerp (i think)

Celtic and Hungarian team Willie McStay was managing/coaching

And so on and so on.

Your missing the point.

Nothing against loaners, brings on young talent but there is a danger when it gets to 5 from one club. What's next, stick in a coach as well and the Scottish Club is left with no identity or say in who plays.multiply that by every Club in Scotland and what are we left watching, EPL under 21 league. !

Surely that's not good for Scottish football. ?

How many did Hearts bring from Kaunus? Nobody was moaning then as Hearts were perceived as being the 'Big Club'. I have no problem with it at all and other clubs should look closer at doing something similar.

It was only recently WRK among others were falling of their collective seats when i suggested McCoist should have been using his contacts down south to bring in loan players from the EPL. These clubs have an abundance of talent and it is madness not to use them in this way.

Every Scottish club is a feeder club to the EPL. If they want a player they will simply come here and buy them. Money is absolutely no object. Look at the fees celtic have been given for Forster and Wanyama!! Some even claim that Gordon is a better Keeper than Forster now i am not sure i agree but i know who got the better of the deal.

i would think its a clear kick in the teeth to all Rangers youth players. Im in no doubts rangers had no say in this matter and that Rangers sugar daddy sent them up wether they like it or not. Still just another embarassing day for the club that just keep on giving.

I am pretty sure Mike Ashley takes little to do with who and what is done at that level. Maybe a case of Newcastle and Rangers managers /coaches getting together and deciding who goes where.

I am pretty sure your own club did pretty well with a couple of Newcastle Youngsters

Why not just promote 5 of their professional youth players. Two seasons ago was the time to bring in 5 young players, makes no sense on a footballing front.

McLeod,Aird,Crawford,Hegarty and Barrie McKay among others were all promoted to the first team squad two seasons ago and they were all given an extended run in or around the first team and they were found out. They simply were not good enough. With one obvious exception but of course we sold him for a pittance to Brentford!

I'm not anti Rangers but this has to be stopped for the good of scottish football. Real danger that other Clubs could follow suit and we end up as basically the English U21 league which would be disastrous for the development of Scottish talent.

However, I expect the SFA and SPFL to stand idly by and let it happen. After all we already have two English numptys running our game.

I am anti-rangers, and I agree whole-heartedly with everything you say.

How many did Hearts bring from Kaunus? Nobody was moaning then as Hearts were perceived as being the 'Big Club'. I have no problem with it at all and other clubs should look closer at doing something similar.

It was only recently WRK among others were falling of their collective seats when i suggested McCoist should have been using his contacts down south to bring in loan players from the EPL. These clubs have an abundance of talent and it is madness not to use them in this way.

Every Scottish club is a feeder club to the EPL. If they want a player they will simply come here and buy them. Money is absolutely no object. Look at the fees celtic have been given for Forster and Wanyama!! Some even claim that Gordon is a better Keeper than Forster now i am not sure i agree but i know who got the better of the deal.

Yeah and what good did it do us? The majority of the loan players were rubbish and not up to SPL standard.

It wasn't a good thing because rather than looking for good players who would benefit our squad, we relied on Kaunas players coming in, regardless of ability, to try and show them off and sell them on.

Being restricted to shopping in one store as it were, is no use - you pick who you need, not the players some chairman tells you to take.

Yeah players will head off to England if they are good enough, but they will have the freedom to choose the club and the money that suits everyone and not be forced to go to some 'parent' club.

It won't be good for Rangers or Scottish football if Scottish Clubs become some sort of B teams to the EPL, we'll get the dross who won't make it rather than the rising stars.

So, the rangers have signed them on loan, but the rangers had no say in the matter? Would that be the club, the company, the holding company, or just the guy who calls the3 shots for the entire rat's nest of entities?

As with the laughable claim that Craig Whyte could do all that jiggery-pokery on his own, someone signed them acting on behalf of rangers.

You have to feel sorry for these guys. Is there one player who has gone to Sevco and improved whilst he's been there?

I have mentioned this a few times..Any young player thinking of going to Ibrox would be well advised to look at what has happened to Seb Faure since his move to Ibrox. He had an excellent record at international Under age level with France and came to Ibrox as one for the future. That future is being kept out the team by Ricky Foster. I was hoping that the clipboard would at least give him a run but it wasnt to be.

I was talking to an Aberdeen supporter on Saturday and his biggest fear is we take their manager as he really rates him. McInnes is a local lad and Rangers through n through but i honestly think he would be bonkers to take the job at the moment.

After the EGM we will have a clearer picture of how things are going to go in the future but right now i wouldn't go near the place if i was a player , coach or manager and that pains me to say that

I think it's time you had your medication reviewed. That's absolute bollox on a bennettesque scale. Coupled with your tedi-like lauding of those fantastic supporters at the weekend, you really are turning into the archetypal member of the P&B sleuth. Now, if you could just invent as couple of impressive-sounding-but-meaningless words, you'd be the full package.

McLeod,Aird,Crawford,Hegarty and Barrie McKay among others were all promoted to the first team squad two seasons ago and they were all given an extended run in or around the first team and they were found out. They simply were not good enough. With one obvious exception but of course we sold him for a pittance fair, if not generous price to Brentford!

FTFY.

I will never forgive Rangers for Ross Perry.

The guy wasn't Falkirk class let alone Rangers class.

:lol:

Poor old Ross Perry. Every time there is a thread about loanee he gets mentioned

I think it's time you had your medication reviewed. That's absolute bollox on a bennettesque scale. Coupled with your tedi-like lauding of those fantastic supporters at the weekend, you really are turning into the archetypal member of the P&B sleuth. Now, if you could just invent as couple of impressive-sounding-but-meaningless words, you'd be the full package.

It was when i mentioned McCoist being at the Etihad. I suppose you want me to go and find the post?

It was when i mentioned McCoist being at the Etihad. I suppose you want me to go and find the post?

Whatever floats your boat - I'm very well aware of the exchange. The only thing that may have affected my balance would have been laughing at the suggestion that your gardener had any worthwhile contacts in the game. Even if he could find someone unaware of the horror show that new club had become under his reign, he has always been very strict that nothing can interfere with an opportunity to get pissed up in a new environment.

"falling off their collective seats" - dear me, that's up there with "hearts fans attacking rangers fans - look at this picture for proof"* in terms of unjustified hyperbole.**

*Said picture showing various people, not obviously fighting and not identifiable by allegiance.

** Or, as I originally stated, bollox.

:lol:

Poor old Ross Perry. Every time there is a thread about loanee he gets mentioned

I remember me telling you he was utter gash and nowhere near the standard Falkirk required.

You told me he was going to be a star of the future with (old) rangers ;)

I can't disagree with No8.'s appraisal of McCoist's behaviour - it has all been about Ally for many years now. I did mention, a couple of years ago, how he decided to prioritise his TV career over playing for us, and tried using a sick child as an alibi. This was, unsurprisingly, dismissed as sour grapes by the Sleuth on here. As with many aspects of this saga, scales are falling from eyes and pennies are dropping waaay too fucking late for the bears. They simply trusted the men in the Big Hoose for too long. "Rangers Men"? There's no such thing. The only difference with the new club is that the trough appears to have become larger.

Uncle Walter - how much did he receive for the ST sales boost, before trundling back out of the limelight.

John Greig was indeed a great servant as a player. He was also, however, one of the worst managers they've had and, as a director, held his silence and walked away when the shite was approaching the fan. "Rangers Man" until the going got uncomfortable.

And the biggest "legend" of all - Fat Sally. Is there anyone in this whole saga who has trousered anything near what he's got his mitts on? Never mind the sack, I'm surprised he hasn't been fucking lynched. He has pocketed millions from the company, and has convinced the fans to put those millions there by endorsing every vulture to flap its scabby wings down Edmistion Drive.

I can just see the Man City youths response to an approach, mind. That has made me chuckle. :lol:

Thought that myself, fucking superb!!! :lol::lol: :lol:

McCoist was a guest of Man City. McCoist and Durrant were very friendly with the former Spurs manager AVB. They had also been offered Andros Townsend but Whyte cancelled the deal as he also did with the Grant Holt transfer.

The bit about the Hearts thread is just utter nonsense. Budge herself has come out and said both sets of supporters were at fault.

Archived