New Rangers to become Newcastle Feeder Club?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you look at the names it is quite possible. Ferguson, Vukic and Birgirama are highly rated young players with long term deals. Streete and Mbabu might be on more nominal sums but quite possibly the same as the sort of Wallace and co demand.

I'd not be in the least bit surprised if Ferguson was on £20k plus. Being shit doesn't seem to stop EPL clubs dishing out £20k contracts to 18 year olds.

Because to put it simply, they can't afford to. Ashley is already paying them, this way he can pay them and potentially generate an income through the merchandise side from these players.

Traded for 10% of Union Jack sales.

Why do you doubt that? Do you really believe Newcastle and Ashley decided to piss £100k a week up against a wall. Rangers will be paying for this in some shape. I'd guess a few percent more of the merchandise sales.

Will be flicking hilarious when Ranger's still blow the title by double figures.

No way are these young Newcastle players on a total of £100 000 a week.Divide that number by 4 and you might be closer. Like Deeboy I don't think Rangers will be paying anything for their services or if they are it won't be the full amount. They will however have to pay hotel bills etc.

Birigama has had some life, first Burundi, then Coventry, then Newcastle and now Ibrox. He'll be wondering why he ever left Burundi.

As for the salaries. I'd be amazed if these guys were on anything like £25k a week combined. Vukic,Ferguson and Birgama will be on at least £10k a week each if not double that.

Hibs, Hearts and Celt*c fans not happy at Rangers being allowed these five players.

Face one of them at the opposition goal and get him to shoot. In fact, face all 5 at the opposition goal and get them all to shoot.

From what I saw on Sunday, shooting at goal is a dying art at Ibrox.

Now f**k up about yer wee toy town joke club. ;)

The obsession from Celtic fans knows no limits. They changed Shane Fergusons place of birth to free derry on wikipedia, they were also some of the first to reply to the new signings on twitter :lol: I shouldnt laugh at people with mental health issues, but f**k me that mob are nuts lol

Its and interesting one this. One thing I will say is that since Ashley got involved at NUFC the youth development side of things has never been his priority and their under 21 side effectively got relegated last season when we split the league into 2 divisions. The thoughts of Newcastle fans can be summed up in the bit below taken from NUFC.com;

"And in terms of our youth policy, it can be argued that clearing out this dead wood gives younger players a chance to progress - or that the academy is a complete waste of time, if all that we can produce are players only good enough to populate sub-standard Scottish sides.

Only forward Vuckic has played first team football for United this season, while defensive duo Streete and Mbabu are yet to make a senior debut for the club.

Midfielder pair Fergie and Bigi meanwhile haven't played any senior games for the Magpies since December 2012 and August 2013 respectively.

Subject to receipt of international clearances, all five players will be eligible to play for Rangers in Sunday's Scottish Cup Fifth Round home tie against Raith Rovers.

While Vuckic and Bigirimana have been turning out regularly though, Fergie has only just resumed training after a knee injury and both Streete and Mbabu have been sidelined recently with unspecified fitness issues.

The loan move effectively ends the Newcastle career of Streete, who will become a free agent in June. Ferguson, Vuckic and Mbabu meanwhile are all under contract until 2016, while Bigi has a deal at SJP running until 2017".

Ashley will see it as a win/win as he's paying this lot to do next to nowt anyway, so no loss to NUFC and they probably will strengthen Rangers from what I have seen, although not massively. No way Rangers will be paying them any cash given the current situation and Mike has probably got a deal whereby he gets extra shares or a stand at Ibrox every time one of them scores ^_^

From a Newcastle point of view, I find it pretty disgusting that Rangers aren't even paying their wages. It's pretty much deadwood who they can't get rid of, but still. Considering the squad is so small, they might have needed a centre back like Streete especially.

I think the deal stinks tbh and hope other Championship clubs complain.

From a Newcastle point of view, I find it pretty disgusting that Rangers aren't even paying their wages. It's pretty much deadwood who they can't get rid of, but still. Considering the squad is so small, they might have needed a centre back like Streete especially.

I think the deal stinks tbh and hope other Championship clubs complain.

Indeed. This club continues to make a farce of the concept of sporting integrity.

Indeed. This club continues to make a farce of the concept of sporting integrity.

I'd rather see Newcastle sink a few divisions and get rid of Ashley than this nothingness. We basically play for the sake of playing any only because we have to.

Artificially doping Rangers is a joke for competition in Scotland too. How the authorities can let this go on amazes me considering that Leeds owner failed the test.

Archived