First Game you ever played!

wellboy1991

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That fucking maze level :angry:

Ah f**k! That was a nightmare! Many times I had a wee rage moment at that. You think you have the right door only to come out at the start of the fucking level again! Also I never could defeat the final boss.

Well, I know that I'm me, and I think you'll find I asked first :)

I've had a check, and I'm definitely me.

Hidden away on my work server, I've got a Spectrum folder containing emulators and literally every game ever released for it. There's a bunch of other stuff too, like thousands of tape inlay scans, maps that people have drawn, even technical diagrams for the hardware. Y'know, should I ever feel the need to build myself a Spectrum from scratch. Slight overkill, but more convenient than having to tote the real thing around with me :P

Scariest thing is that the entire folder takes up less than 1.5GB of space, and that's with duplicate files all over the place :blink:

I still have my 128k spectrum in the attic at my Mum & Dad's!

Forgot to add that when I dug it out to relive my youth I actually found a saved game from when my mate & I managed to get Halifax Town up to Division 1 in circa 1989!

It still worked! :P

I still have my 128k spectrum in the attic at my Mum & Dad's!

Forgot to add that when I dug it out to relive my youth I actually found a saved game from when my mate & I managed to get Halifax Town up to Division 1 in circa 1989!

It still worked! :P

My strangest one was putting my old PS2 fifa 08 game on last month for a view, Kerlon, Bojan, Hernandez, Freddy Adu all 90+ ratings.

:lol:

I wonder if in 10 years we will be looking back to just now and be in awe of how bad graphics etc were

Not in the same way, no; I don't think so. Kids will laugh at the things like the 'uncanny valley' effect you get in games like Skyrim, and will complain that it's not in holographic projected 3D, but today's games will still be recognisable as attempts to simulate reality (albeit hyper-reality in many cases).

Nobody's under any illusions about why Pac-Man looks the way it does :P

Jesus, I forgot about Mega Games 2. You could have that and never buy another game.

Think I might actually have a copy somewhere in the house :thumsup2

Mega Games 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sensible Soccer were among the first few games we had for the mega drive. Im positive it came bundled with MG2, and the first game i played was SOR.

I was a huge fan of Lillehammer '94 on the mega drive (actually still am), but everyone else either hates it, or hasn't heard of it! :lol:

Not in the same way, no; I don't think so. Kids will laugh at the things like the 'uncanny valley' effect you get in games like Skyrim, and will complain that it's not in holographic projected 3D, but today's games will still be recognisable as attempts to simulate reality (albeit hyper-reality in many cases).

Nobody's under any illusions about why Pac-Man looks the way it does :P

Remember playing games like San Andreas etc though and thinking how can they get any more realistic. Now they look ducking ridiculous. :lol:

San Andreas' graphics seem to have aged worse than Vice City and GTA3, for some reason; maybe because the game itself was so much more advanced in comparison. Last GTA game I played for some reason, perhaps because I never finished it.

The original Road Rash has been on my 'to play' list for over twenty years now :lol:

BFTD Vice City was sensational 8)

Yeah, that was the last one I finished. Twice. Despite technically being a better game, San Andreas felt like a disappointment in comparison.

Archived