First Game you ever played!

wellboy1991

"Huggard" was the "H" in D&H Games; the other laddie was DeSalis. It's not entirely tragic that I know this - I wrote to them once to ask for review copies of games for a fanzine I was making at school.

That doesn't make it any better, does it? :lol:

Yeh Tony Huggard. When you played in European games De Salis was one of the players to score against you.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kids now just wouldn't get how shite quality but incredible fun games used to be

My mate & me would play the "highlights" from games in Football Director with a sponge ball and his computer desk making an ideal set of goals........my Brian Moore commentary voice was fcuking magnificent!

I got a PS1 in 1997, I got ISS, Crash bandicoot, Binx 3d (shite) Rayman and gran Turismo.

Crash bandicoot was played so much and caused so much stress before my dad realised for me to save my progress I needed a memory card which took another few months to get :lol:

That was so much harder compared to the later ones in the series.

Still remember getting my cousins SNES for a weekend at 5 and completing Super Mario.

Kids now just wouldn't get how shite quality but incredible fun games used to be

We did a night like that with a bunch of Explorer Scouts, so 13-18. Nothing newer than a PS1, so Spectrums, N64, etc. And they loved them.

Doom and the original super Mario kart being particular favourites.

Jesus totally forgot about these bad boys. Crash bandicoot games are/were absolutely incredible 8)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1423519343.607468.jpg

I remember the excitement of getting a snazzy see through one of those.

There was a Batman (And Robin?) game on the Megadrive that I vividly remember? And a fighting game that seemed to be a bit like X-Men meets Mortal Kombat. And finally, Primal Rage:

That or a Ninja Mutant Turtles game for the Nintendo.

ETA: Eternal Champions was what it was called! Loved that game!

Harrier Attack on the Amstrad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MePgjXoo9aA

edit: I see I'm back to not being able to embed videos again

YES! This is possibly mine, although I recall Fruit Machine, Oh Mummy, Roland On The Ropes, Roland In The Caves and Animal, Vegetable or Mineral as well (all for the Amstrad). So one of them.

eng_pl_Mega-Games-1-BOX-Sega-Mega-Drive-

World Cup Italia 90 on this cartridge which I think was bundled with the console. Cracking game.

A classic. In fact all the Mega-Games were great. We had this one and 3 (Super Thunder Blade, Super Monaco GP and Alien Storm) but always wanted Mega-Games 2 (Streets Of Rage, Golden Axe and Revenge of Shinobi). When we eventually got it there were good times. I have the disc for the Xbox with a load of Mega Drive games on it, including all of these.

A classic. In fact all the Mega-Games were great. We had this one and 3 (Super Thunder Blade, Super Monaco GP and Alien Storm) but always wanted Mega-Games 2 (Streets Of Rage, Golden Axe and Revenge of Shinobi). When we eventually got it there were good times. I have the disc for the Xbox with a load of Mega Drive games on it, including all of these.

Jesus, I forgot about Mega Games 2. You could have that and never buy another game.

Think I might actually have a copy somewhere in the house :thumsup2

YES! This is possibly mine, although I recall Fruit Machine, Oh Mummy, Roland On The Ropes, Roland In The Caves and Animal, Vegetable or Mineral as well (all for the Amstrad). So one of them.

That has to be the same pack of games that I had. Included Sultan's Maze, Bridge-It and a Space Invaders-type game (Galactic Plague I'm sure it was called)?

Are you me?

I think the question here is are you me?

Jesus, I forgot about Mega Games 2. You could have that and never buy another game.

Think I might actually have a copy somewhere in the house :thumsup2

It was exceptional. I still remember the cheat in Revenge Of Shinobi to get unlimited shurikens.

That has to be the same pack of games that I had. Included Sultan's Maze, Bridge-It and a Space Invaders-type game (Galactic Plague I'm sure it was called)?

Yes! I remember Sultan's Maze and Bridge-It! Don't remember Galactic Plague though.

I also recall later getting Dizzy Down The Rapids, Blagger and The Great Escape (which was exceptional).

All the Amstrad laddies in the playground used to eulogise at length on the subject of Harrier Attack.

Now that you get to see all of these games on different machines, it's interesting to note how they could all be so similar in terms of hardware, yet produce wildly different output. C64 games, for example, tended to look so drab in comparison to the Speccy and CPC, but that SID sound chip :wub:

Archived