Raith v Rangers

No-one said it was just a WoS problem. Mostly though. The bigots in the Inverness pub were probably Rangers fans too. I'm not sure if any of the northern clubs has a sorry history of bigotry and violence like Rangers. Mind you, was it not Clachnacuddin who wrecked Manchester a few years back?

I wasn't suggesting that in the slightest.

The article which you linked quoted that 69% of people felt it was only a problem in specific areas, notably the west of Scotland.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the bar in Paris in St Pauls where stan smacked Ulrika. Big kilted TA lad smashed him to the ground. The TA boy didn"t have to put his hand in his pocket for a pint for the next few days.

Just went and read that never realised that's where it happened. What a fucking c**t.

Ulrika Johnson wearing a Scotland top and downing pints though.... Babe

I assume you were there. Was what Collymore tweeted actually sung?

Yes I was.

I couldn't say as I was listening to the fucktards on Radio Scotland say 'poor Raith Rovers every five fucking minutes'

As far as S C is concerned I couldn't give a flying f**k what he said, what is pathetic is the idiotic obsession that people have with him and can't polarise their thoughts in an appropriate thread.

I wasn't suggesting that in the slightest.

The article which you linked quoted that 69% of people felt it was only a problem in specific areas, notably the west of Scotland.

Can't recall ever seeing an incident in my life in Angus/Tayside. Obviously there's a few knuckle draggers that have the mindset though.

As for the game itself.

Whilst I'm glad we didn't capitulate, we simply didn't ask enough questions of Rangers, who it has to be said were also awful.

Nade has his limitations, however with Stewart we have a player that just has no clue on how to utilise his main asset, speed. Almost every run he made tonight was flagged offside, bloody frustrating.

Anderson also had a quiet game, however given his terrific run of form you can hardly give him to much grief.

A cracking effort from Murdoch, couldn't really see what happened with their goal and a peach from Conroy.

The law itself is ridiculous.

I'm totally opposed to any form of sectarianism, but making it illegal is not the way to go about dealing with the problem.

When you are in a stadium you are on private property and on the terms and conditions of the owner, else you are trespassing. Part of those terms of conditions during a football match will be dictated by those of the competition organiser. You have no more freedom of speech than in a private house (someone elses) so it is reasonable for people to be ejected for banners, songs or language that the owners deem unsuitable.

That said on public land such as the highways and in communications then we have to suffer (or have a right too) a much more broadly drawn idea of free speech.

tl;dnr

Inside the ground, you should be ejected and barred from future football for sectarianism.

Outside, we should have to suck it up a bit more in terms of all manners of speech we do not like, including the loony Islamist radicals, racists, IRA fanbois and the more regressive of the Orangist tendency. Direct and even implied threats are covered by laws, but in the long run, we are better erring on the side of too much freedom of speech outside of stadiums.

And yes all this pish on a match thread. I am a hypocrite.

we simply didn't ask enough questions of Rangers, who it has to be said were also awful.

Awful?

Not sure "awful" would correctly describe how Rangers played today.

Wasteful yes, awful no.

For long spells they were by far the better team but they really should have scored more goals. Rangers were "awful" in the recent cup game at Ibrox but today I'm sure you'll admit they controlled the ball more effectively which resulted in the creation of a lot more chances to score.

The passing was better, the movement was better, and players wanted to get on the ball.

Had Rangers played poorly but sneaked a victory I'd be disappointed as it wouldn't have given the team anything to build on other than the fact a meaningless three points were won. However, the signs were definitely there that things are beginning to come together.

Full Rangers songbook was out, no idea what te full songbook is but a lot of '******' stuff coming from that end. You really do have to laugh at 'no-one likes us we don't care' before launching into songs having a pop at the Irish, the Catholic Church, Celtic, and now Stan fucking Collymore.

Poor showing from the Rovers. Stewart terrible, Murray even worse for bringing Vaughan on in the 91st minute. What's the point?

Disappointing performance but not much different from any other home game this season. We're just outright unable to play well at home - the best we've played was a 2-1 win over Dumbarton and we ended up stealing the win,

Ah well. Expected nothing, got nothing. It's all about Inverness now.

And Boyd is absolutely awful.

thepundit, on 20 Feb 2015 - 23:08, said:

Awful?

Wasteful yes, awful no.

For long spells they were by far the better team but they really should have scored more goals. Rangers were "awful" in the recent cup game at Ibrox but today I'm sure you'll admit they controlled the ball more effectively which resulted in the creation of a lot more chances to score.

The passing was better, the movement was better, and players wanted to get on the ball.

Had Rangers played poorly but sneaked a victory I'd be disappointed as it wouldn't have given the team anything to build on other than the fact a meaningless three points were won. However, the signs were definitely there that things are beginning to come together.

I could pretty much agree with all of that.

Thought it was a decent performance and at 2-1, it still looked relatively comfortable.

When you are in a stadium you are on private property and on the terms and conditions of the owner, else you are trespassing. Part of those terms of conditions during a football match will be dictated by those of the competition organiser. You have no more freedom of speech than in a private house (someone elses) so it is reasonable for people to be ejected for banners, songs or language that the owners deem unsuitable.

That said on public land such as the highways and in communications then we have to suffer (or have a right too) a much more broadly drawn idea of free speech.

tl;dnr

Inside the ground, you should be ejected and barred from future football for sectarianism.

Outside, we should have to suck it up a bit more in terms of all manners of speech we do not like, including the loony Islamist radicals, racists, IRA fanbois and the more regressive of the Orangist tendency. Direct and even implied threats are covered by laws, but in the long run, we are better erring on the side of too much freedom of speech outside of stadiums.

And yes all this pish on a match thread. I am a hypocrite.

Chief your tl;dr appears to be just as long as the big boring bit.

You'll need to work on this.

Awful?

Wasteful yes, awful no.

Yeah fair point.

It was infuriating how well rangers stifled and controlled the last fifteen minutes.

Getting one back with fifteen to play should have meant we were in for a stonking final fifteen, however it just never came.

Pleased with the result, we are playing better but still a long way short of what is really required.

Peach of a goal from Murdoch.

Why were Raith scared of us, baffling after the cup game.

As for the singing, Collymore is an attention seeking arsehole but the TBB is not the answer, just gave the troll what he wants.

Hadn't heard of the Collygate thing until tonight but i have regular discussiond with pals that listen to the fanny on talksport who all think he's a self-righteous tube. How the f**k can you take the moral high-ground after doing what he's done.

If Rangers fans have sung that however thats disgaceful. Was Mark Walters not the first high-profile black player in Scotland and had to suffer the banana thing. Double standards for the rangers against racism.

That was grim tonight. We just rolled the clock back to the sort of performance we put in against them and Hearts earlier in the season.

Murray and his use or non use of subs continues to bewilder me.

Only positives were we scored and didn't totally capitulate.

Not a great performance, but they have better players. That has to tell. They've already humped us twice. On the positive side, my bet came in.

Archived