Raith v Rangers

The 'Murray factor' that has seen us lose one game this year and knock a team with a significantly higher budget out of the Scottish Cup away from home? No wait that's the 'Malpas Factor' isn't it? This is what Murray is up against. If you are managing the team on a good run then you get very little credit. One poor performance in one game lost by the odd goal and you're back to being completely useless.

Our fans seems obsessed by substitutions. They can change things, they can make no impact. Sometimes players who aren't cutting it can have a moment of brilliance in the closing stages. Look at Nade. Absolutely honking for 89 minutes against Hibs then pops up with the equaliser. If we'd subscribed to the 'change it' mentality at Easter Road, Nade wouldn't have been on the pitch at that corner. Similarly subs can come on and make absolutely no impact. This whole get the subs on/change it obsession is becoming ridiculous.

Murray isn't the messiah as a manager. He's also not absolutely useless either. The reality is, much like the team, he's somewhere inbetween

Ah good old statistics, the football is still murder at home, what the hell has a "significantly higher budget" got to do with it, this is a the rangers team low in confidence, get stuck in about them and they might crumble, but no we sit off them and make them look good, that's Murray's tactics, perhaps we shouldn't play games just phone up the opposition, find out what there wage bill is and decide the points from that :1eye

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How wrong has he got that ?

Not wrong at all given that he kept him and is playing him in the team week in, week out?

That is unless we're now judging managers on what they might have done. In which case I'd like to retrospectively berate Jimmy Nicholl for releasing Colin Cameron when the boy was obviously going to go on to play for Scotland. And thank Tommy McLean for turning down the opportunity to manage Dundee United to stay with the Rovers.

if we are struggling your philosophy is don't change.

No. It's only change if what is on the bench is likely to be better than what is on the field.

Would Vaughan have given us a better chance of getting a goal last night than leaving Conroy, Nade or Stewart on? I honestly don't know. It's a close call. On balance I'd probably leave the three on as well as they have all proved they can score or help set up late goals. I might be wrong but It's certainly not a no-brainer that proves Murray is inept.

Ah good old statistics, the football is still murder at home, what the hell has a "significantly higher budget" got to do with it, this is a the rangers team low in confidence, get stuck in about them and they might crumble, but no we sit off them and make them look good, that's Murray's tactics, perhaps we shouldn't play games just phone up the opposition, find out what there wage bill is and decide the points from that :1eye

Of course it doesn't determine the result in a one off game as we proved at Ibrox but it does have an impact. Which is why Celtic will win the Premiership and why Hearts, Hibs and Rangers will likely finish in the top three places in our division.

I'm not saying Murray is a great manager or we are a great team. Last night was pish. This whole season has been fairly average with a few good spells and a couple of dreadful months. We're on a decent run at moment which faltered last night. It might be the start of another slump or just a blip. Time will tell

Just popped in to share this thundercunt of a deflection attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1424536050.738994.jpg

Oh willie :-(

So, if someone get's sold a ticket for a concert, and they then proceed to go on a killing spree, set the place on fire and have a shootout with the coppers, it's the fault of whoever sold them the ticket?

I may have taken that example too far....

I'm not so annoyed with the subs, or lack thereof, but instead the way we set up and the tactics Murray used last night.

Last nights performance was a million miles off Ibrox 2 weeks ago and nobody can say the reason why? It was arguably a weaker Rangers team last night but we reverted to type against them, sat off, gave them all the respect, and allowed them as easy a win as they'll get all season. This isn't an anti-murray thing before you say anything...the radio and TV pundits were saying the same thing last night. Our tactics made no sense and we'd have probably lost against Livi or Alloa if we'd played the same way.

All we want to see as fans is a bit of urgency and, if its clearly not working, a change in style and formation but as I've already said we seemed happy to accept a narrow defeat last night.

Not wrong at all given that he kept him and is playing him in the team week in, week out?

Ask yourself why Callachan is still here though ? Due to injury, if it wasn't down to Fox/Moon both picking up knocks Callachan would be away and probably on the slippery slope to PT Football !

Hmm not sure if the team is arguably weaker, we are certainly playing better football in the past 2 games, early days but perhaps Kenny is starting to have an effect.

I had to work. How did Faure play? He was hardly mentioned on the radio commentary.

I'm not so annoyed with the subs, or lack thereof, but instead the way we set up and the tactics Murray used last night.

Last nights performance was a million miles off Ibrox 2 weeks ago and nobody can say the reason why? It was arguably a weaker Rangers team last night but we reverted to type against them, sat off, gave them all the respect, and allowed them as easy a win as they'll get all season. This isn't an anti-murray thing before you say anything...the radio and TV pundits were saying the same thing last night. Our tactics made no sense and we'd have probably lost against Livi or Alloa if we'd played the same way.

All we want to see as fans is a bit of urgency and, if its clearly not working, a change in style and formation but as I've already said we seemed happy to accept a narrow defeat last night.

My take on it too. We reverted to the shite we saw earlier in the season, both tactically and being unable to control or retain possession - we gave the ball away all match. It was too easy for Rangers.

No. It's only change if what is on the bench is likely to be better than what is on the field.

Would Vaughan have given us a better chance of getting a goal last night than leaving Conroy, Nade or Stewart on? I honestly don't know. It's a close call. On balance I'd probably leave the three on as well as they have all proved they can score or help set up late goals. I might be wrong but It's certainly not a no-brainer that proves Murray is inept.

They are hardly prolific, the game was petering out with us not creating anything, 3 choices for the manager, change the formation with the players on the park, bring on a sub or subs to try and change it or leave it exactly the way it is and settle for a loss, he chose the latter and to me that's unacceptable, his tactics over the whole match handed the game to the rangers IMO

The lad Murdoch has always looked decent when i have seen him.

You know i have been shouting for Faure to get a run. It has been long over due. These youngsters should have been in a long time ago.

Now maybe start blooding Gasporato(sp) and guys like Robbie Crawford must be due a wee run.

Our under 20s recently hammered a very strong Hearts team 5-1. These lads deserve the chance. Rather have these lads in place of the likes of Stevie Smith , Foster and Mohsni etc

Ask yourself why Callachan is still here though ? Due to injury, if it wasn't down to Fox/Moon both picking up knocks Callachan would be away and probably on the slippery slope to PT Football !

All ifs, buts and supposition. Callachan is here and being played week in/week out by Murray so you can't criticise him for what he's doing with Callachan. Vaughan is a different matter as he's not getting game time. But then maybe there are better options. If I was Murray with a support who had been demanding me sacked just a few weeks ago I wouldn't be taking any risks with an unproven player.

They are hardly prolific, the game was petering out with us not creating anything, 3 choices for the manager, change the formation with the players on the park, bring on a sub or subs to try and change it or leave it exactly the way it is and settle for a loss, he chose the latter and to me that's unacceptable, his tactics over the whole match handed the game to the rangers IMO

Sadly no one we have is prolific which is why we're off the pace for a play off. Nade did score a late one against Hibs. Stewart did make a run to set up the equaliser late on against Falkirk. Conroy is our top scorer and had already scored in the game so not a leap of imagination to see why he retained his faith in them. Didn't work but then Vaughan might not have either. We'll never know

Gasporato is playing well for an improving Airdrieonians, the fans were chanting his name in a game the other night, always thought we had a player there, I would consider recalling him and let him scrap with McGregor for a place in the team.

Also, what has happened to Gallagher, he played well for cowdenebeath, think he scored 10 goals.

They both played in that Under 20 game against Hearts. Maybe Gasparato was back during the window but i am sure he played

Gasporato is playing well for an improving Airdrieonians, the fans were chanting his name in a game the other night, always thought we had a player there, I would consider recalling him and let him scrap with McGregor for a place in the team.

Also, what has happened to Gallagher, he played well for cowdenebeath, think he scored 10 goals.

5. Looked like a player but could drift out of a game.

I wasnt at the game last night but watched it on telly in the pub.I dont know about the rangers fans singing but the commentators were shite.So biased towards rangers you would have thought it was live on rangers tv.USELESS. :angry: As for the rovers we were pish and gave rangers far too much respect,never put a tackle in and stood back watching them pass the ball about as if it was a training game.Where was the team from the last few weeks that fought for everything and never gave up.Then murray brings vaughan on with a minute to go what the f**k for was it to waste time or make him feel part of the first team squad.Next week against livi is a big game not only for league points but also to make up to the fans for a poor performance.

I wasnt at the game last night but watched it on telly in the pub.I dont know about the rangers fans singing but the commentators were shite.So biased towards rangers you would have thought it was live on rangers tv.USELESS. :angry: ...

Me too. You'd think the match was between Rangers and HIbs listening to them :thumbsdown

Archived