Raith v Rangers

Still to go back to the fact that Vaughan isn't a world beater. No guarantee that he would have changed the game in the slightest. In fact previous evidence of substitute appearances suggests he comes on and does very little so he may have actually weakened the team as we looked for an equaliser. Nade and Conroy can get goals. Stewart despite being a loose cannon can contribute to goals even when he's blowing out his arse as he did in the 94th minute on Saturday.

It's a judgement call whether to bring Vaughan on or stick with those on the pitch. It's a marginal decision yet people are acting like it's the most obvious decision in the world and Murray is inept for not making it. I think that's extremely harsh.

Do agree that bringing Vaughan on with a minute to go is pointless. Also agree that unless we go on a blistering run the league is over. Rest of the season hangs on Inverness in cup and maybe scuppering Rangers/Hibs/QOS/Falkirk's play off push

Regarding Vaughan, I don't think anyone is saying his introduction would have been a big game changing moment. My complaint about us last night was our formation and system. Even at 2-1 down with 15, 10 and 5 mins to go we stuck with a ridged 4-4-2 and never looked to press for an equaliser. We still sat off and limped along to a narrow defeat. Take a full back off, stick an extra man up front (even if that's just Dougie to lump balls up to)...anything but do what we did and accept a defeat like we did.

My feeling is the whole club are now happy to head along with the league teetering out as we have our cup match.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually agree with those saying Vaughan doesn't appear to be the answer either, but was Mark Stewart the answer last night? He was woeful. It was absolutely blatant we needed a change five minutes after getting one back but Murray held off until the 91st minute. Why even bother at that stage? Some fresh legs certainly wasn't going to make things any worse.

It's not so much a case of 'getting on his back' but raising a perfectly valid complaint.

A disappointing result but more disappointed in the way we played, and the lack of action taken to resolve it. Murray himself after the game complained we couldn't get up the park, so what did he do to resolve that over 90 minutes? Absolutely nothing at all.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter, but I really can't understand the lack of ambition last night.

IIRC he is signed until 2016 the boy would be quids in and the club worse off financially.

That's what makes it so mystifying. We handed a three year deal to a player Murray doesn't rate. We should at least be punting him out on loan so we get someone contributing to his wage.

Overall poor game! A few things to note though; how fat & over weight is Kris Boyd - ridiculous haha, still surprised he hasn't been the goal machine as expected this season. Murray has to look at injecting life into a game when making subs, Stewart was burst so bring on Scott, and Moon was goosed so bring on Vaughan - "tactical" but yet could have proven to be effective if he had done so, as soon as we got the goal back. Fox on for Moon and the whole South Stand's 'dreams' of a score draw shattered!

As many posts before this, that's it now, we'll stay exactly where we are in the league, so every home game now Murray has to be looking at going as attacking as possible rather than sitting in and showing to much respect - f*ck that, get intae thum!!

Well that was feckin awful again, we sit too deep, we sit off teams and give them time and space, any team must love coming to SP, the worst the rangers team ever and we don't hassle them, get in there faces, it's shite and it's been shite all season, GM's use of substitutions is awful, and bringing Vaughn on with a minute to go is a feckin joke, someone before said we had an off night, try an off season, the home form is terrible in both results and performances, I can't believe that the team were clapped off the park, what for?, not conceding six?, certainly not for what they done on the park, but GM will take the positives out of the game, that should take feckin 5 seconds

Still to go back to the fact that Vaughan isn't a world beater. No guarantee that he would have changed the game in the slightest. In fact previous evidence of substitute appearances suggests he comes on and does very little so he may have actually weakened the team as we looked for an equaliser. Nade and Conroy can get goals. Stewart despite being a loose cannon can contribute to goals even when he's blowing out his arse as he did in the 94th minute on Saturday.

It's a judgement call whether to bring Vaughan on or stick with those on the pitch. It's a marginal decision yet people are acting like it's the most obvious decision in the world and Murray is inept for not making it. I think that's extremely harsh.

Do agree that bringing Vaughan on with a minute to go is pointless. Also agree that unless we go on a blistering run the league is over. Rest of the season hangs on Inverness in cup and maybe scuppering Rangers/Hibs/QOS/Falkirk's play off push

It's the fact that we have nothing to lose by trying something different, we will not make the play offs or be relegated, Vaughan might not be the answer but at least give him a decent chance, if it doesn't work then so be it, the manger seemed to be happy with a 2-1 defeat.

Vaughan rarely gets more than a few minutes - so it's difficult for any of us to be able to have reasonable opinion on his ability

Started against Cowdenbeath, had a great game and scored! It was cowdenbeath though!

You seem rather upset.

Not at all ive had a good day so far, my team are doing well and life is good :)

Cant understand why your fans are singing racist songs and then blame collymore, just like when they attacked hearts fans but blamed them for singing songs that were slagging you off.

It seems you lot are the ones who are being offended :shutup

Same old rangers after all, bigoted racist scum :thumbsdown

It's the Murray factor again his inability to change tactics ,personnel during a game, What really gets on my goat is Murrays attitude on the sidelines he stands with his arms folded and does nothing . Mcgurn took 4/5 bye kicks in a row and everyone of them were aimed at Anderson and everyone of them went out for a shy to rangers, even when Anderson won a header it went to no one yet Murray doesn't do a thing about it, shout at your captain with instructions change/ switch play now and again it might just work.This is why so many fans are getting cheesed off with Murray ,I'm not blaming the players it's the managers job to motivate,organise, and alter tactics during the 90mins and if things aren't working hoof a player who isn't doing the job and get someone fresh on EG Lewis Vaughan , Craig Barr !

Not at all ive had a good day so far, my team are doing well and life is good :)

Cant understand why your fans are singing racist songs and then blame collymore, just like when they attacked hearts fans but blamed them for singing songs that were slagging you off.

It seems you lot are the ones who are being offended :shutup

Same old rangers after all, bigoted racist scum :thumbsdown

Rangers blame everyone bar themselves Wullie , Hutton got it, Drysdale got it, our ground was going to be burnt down , collymore getting it, No wonder everyone canny stick Rangers bunch of hypocritical Bigots, I won't shed a tear if this shower went bust

It's the Murray factor again his inability to change tactics ,personnel during a game, What really gets on my goat is Murrays attitude on the sidelines he stands with his arms folded and does nothing . Mcgurn took 4/5 bye kicks in a row and everyone of them were aimed at Anderson and everyone of them went out for a shy to rangers, even when Anderson won a header it went to no one yet Murray doesn't do a thing about it, shout at your captain with instructions change/ switch play now and again it might just work.This is why so many fans are getting cheesed off with Murray ,I'm not blaming the players it's the managers job to motivate,organise, and alter tactics during the 90mins and if things aren't working hoof a player who isn't doing the job and get someone fresh on EG Lewis Vaughan , Craig Barr !

The 'Murray factor' that has seen us lose one game this year and knock a team with a significantly higher budget out of the Scottish Cup away from home? No wait that's the 'Malpas Factor' isn't it? This is what Murray is up against. If you are managing the team on a good run then you get very little credit. One poor performance in one game lost by the odd goal and you're back to being completely useless.

Our fans seems obsessed by substitutions. They can change things, they can make no impact. Sometimes players who aren't cutting it can have a moment of brilliance in the closing stages. Look at Nade. Absolutely honking for 89 minutes against Hibs then pops up with the equaliser. If we'd subscribed to the 'change it' mentality at Easter Road, Nade wouldn't have been on the pitch at that corner. Similarly subs can come on and make absolutely no impact. This whole get the subs on/change it obsession is becoming ridiculous.

Murray isn't the messiah as a manager. He's also not absolutely useless either. The reality is, much like the team, he's somewhere inbetween

I see Rangers fans have been reported to the SPFL for sectarian singing. What whitewash excuse are the SPFL going to come up with this time?

Given they were cleared after the LC semi-final, I can't see why a single f**k will be given about a run of the mill Championship game.

All due respect, Murray also watched Callachan "training all week" and was ready to punt him off on loan and probably release him at the end of the season ... How wrong has he got that ? Minus a few dodgy moments the lads been a breathe of fresh air ...

I stick to what I've always said, we have a good player in Callachan & a good player in Vaughan and we should be looking to the future with these lads and giving them regular game time ... There certainly not any worse than half the dross we've had over the years ... Giving them 1 minute a week will do absolute bugger all, its a waste of everyone's time.

The 'Murray factor' that has seen us lose one game this year and knock a team with a significantly higher budget out of the Scottish Cup away from home? No wait that's the 'Malpas Factor' isn't it? This is what Murray is up against. If you are managing the team on a good run then you get very little credit. One poor performance in one game lost by the odd goal and you're back to being completely useless.

Our fans seems obsessed by substitutions. They can change things, they can make no impact. Sometimes players who aren't cutting it can have a moment of brilliance in the closing stages. Look at Nade. Absolutely honking for 89 minutes against Hibs then pops up with the equaliser. If we'd subscribed to the 'change it' mentality at Easter Road, Nade wouldn't have been on the pitch at that corner. Similarly subs can come on and make absolutely no impact. This whole get the subs on/change it obsession is becoming ridiculous.

Murray isn't the messiah as a manager. He's also not absolutely useless either. The reality is, much like the team, he's somewhere inbetween

Works both ways here ,7 game unbeaten run means then he's beyond criticism, what about the performances before the run? then look at the cowden game heading for 0-0 then a substitution is made Nade comes on Last minute winner, I'm not obsessed with subs but if we are struggling your philosophy is don't change.

Archived