Raith v Rangers

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was grim tonight. We just rolled the clock back to the sort of performance we put in against them and Hearts earlier in the season.

Murray and his use or non use of subs continues to bewilder me.

We don't really have a squad. Who would have come on tonight and changed things? That's not a defence. If anything, that's a criticism of the nonsense that we've learned lessons and strengthened. However. I do think there are merits to sticking together And backing the team.

Depth of squad continues to be a huge problem particularly when it comes to attacking options.

As an aside a few anti-Murray grumblers more vocal tonight. A couple of losses and they'll be back calling for his head as quick as you can say 'change it'

To be honest it was pretty frustrating watching us basically accept defeat. As soon as we score, get Vaughan on, put pressure on their back line and fucking go for it. But no, straight swap Moon for Fox. Hardly inspiring is it? Fair enough Moon was probably ready to come off but bring him off for vaughan instead and bloody get them up the park. If we lose 3-1 so what? The so called grumbles are basically what everyone is thinking anyway....

I thought the fans got right behind the team

again and clapping the team off the park at full time was good as well. There was no denying that team tried its best, but they simply were up against a better side. It comes down to the manager not being able to set up the game plan and being able to react to the situations developing on the pitch.

Anderson was clearly identified by rangers as the main threat and was completely and utterly nullified for the whole 90 minutes. We didn't react to this and continued to punt balls up to him when he was marked by about three Rangers players. If I can see it, surely Murray can too. Sadly I can't influence any change to the game plan...

I can't grumble at the result. We shouldn't be realistically expecting any points from these games anyway. But if the team was set up with a better game plan tonight we might have been better off.

Edited because the iPhone is incredibly tedious.

I could pretty much agree with all of that.

Thought it was a decent performance and at 2-1, it still looked relatively comfortable.

Yeah. Bit wobbly for 5 minutes after the goal but apart from that Raith never seemed like causing too many problems. :)

Yeah fair point.

It was infuriating how well rangers stifled and controlled the last fifteen minutes.

Getting one back with fifteen to play should have meant we were in for a stonking final fifteen, however it just never came.

That was what I was sort of expecting given the teams confidence isn't too high at the moment but fair play to the players.

Maybe they've now got McCoists exit out of their system, maybe the Newcastle loan players have added a freshness, maybe both, I don't know but either way the last two matches have had a gradual increase in quality from Rangers.

If Rangers fans have sung that however thats disgaceful.

I listened to the clip and I'm not hearing what Collymore claims he heard. Just my opinion.

All I can say is I have never heard Rangers fans making racist chants in regards to skin colour. Never.

And I don't think they'd start with Collymore. When it comes to him there's a million other things they could say so it seems illogical they'd chant about something he had no control over rather than the things he did.

It's not harmless to a lot of people believe it or not.. Fud

It has to be taken in a football context. If you're the easily offended type, then you shouldn't be attending or watching football games. The worst games are when Ranger or Celtic are playing in Europe. Where people have the volume turned right up, listening out for any banned songs. In the hope of firing an e-mail along to UEFA to get the other team fined.

The problem here being that if a Rangers fan was walking to the game and sung that, he'd probably be arrested and charged under that Act. A few hundred singing it in the stadium and nothing happens; what a message to send.

The law needs binned, and this just really confirms it isn't fit for purpose. A dreadful piece of legislation from the start which doesn't solve anything and is applied haphazardly.

That law came as the result of people crying out "something must be done", which usually ends up in the government drafting up some vague overreaching legislation, which tries to restrict people in some way. It's the classic Problem >> Reaction >> Solution thesis. The problem is slowly going away, but it's more due to a societal shift. Than any kind of government initiative.

To be honest it was pretty frustrating watching us basically accept defeat. As soon as we score, get Vaughan on, put pressure on their back line and fucking go for it. But no, straight swap Moon for Fox. Hardly inspiring is it? Fair enough Moon was probably ready to come off but bring him off for vaughan instead and bloody get them up the park. If we lose 3-1 so what? The so called grumbles are basically what everyone is thinking anyway....

I thought the fans got right behind the team

again and clapping the team off the park at full time was good as well. There was no denying that team tried its best, but they simply were up against a better side. It comes down to the manager not being able to set up the game plan and being able to react to the situations developing on the pitch.

Anderson was clearly identified by rangers as the main threat and was completely and utterly nullified for the whole 90 minutes. We didn't react to this and continued to punt balls up to him when he was marked by about three Rangers players. If I can see it, surely Murray can too. Sadly I can't influence any change to the game plan...

I can't grumble at the result. We shouldn't be realistically expecting any points from these games anyway. But if the team was set up with a better game plan tonight we might have been better off.

Edited because the iPhone is incredibly tedious.

Can't argue with much of that but not convinced throwing on Vaughan would make much of a difference.. He's come on in a few games and added nothing. The same with Jimmy Scott. That's the problem. Our bench is threadbare especially when it comes to attacking options. People shout for a change every week as if a change automatically strengthens the team. It doesn't necessarily. Murray sees Vaughan all week in training. He's obviously looking at the bench and thinking a tiring Stewart, Nade or Conroy are more likely to get him an equaliser than a fresh Vaughan. Given Saturday that's not exactly out there thinking.

We had an off night and the players underperformed. It's frustrating but unfortunately a fact of life when you support a team like Rovers. Folk defaulting back to 'Murray is clueless' based on one defeat by a team paying far higher wages than us isn't helpful. Having said all that the grumbling around me last night was being spoken rather than shouted in a torrent of abuse as it was a few weeks back so that's progress.

Can't argue with much of that but not convinced throwing on Vaughan would make much of a difference.. He's come on in a few games and added nothing. The same with Jimmy Scott. That's the problem. Our bench is threadbare especially when it comes to attacking options. People shout for a change every week as if a change automatically strengthens the team. It doesn't necessarily. Murray sees Vaughan all week in training. He's obviously looking at the bench and thinking a tiring Stewart, Nade or Conroy are more likely to get him an equaliser than a fresh Vaughan. Given Saturday that's not exactly out there thinking.

We had an off night and the players underperformed. It's frustrating but unfortunately a fact of life when you support a team like Rovers. Folk defaulting back to 'Murray is clueless' based on one defeat by a team paying far higher wages than us isn't helpful. Having said all that the grumbling around me last night was being spoken rather than shouted in a torrent of abuse as it was a few weeks back so that's progress.

I see where your coming from, but bringing on Vaughan when we were in vapour doesn't really give us anything either. Hate those substitutions. Aye good when you are up 2-1 and wasting some time, but not getting beat! Stewart was breathing out his arse with about ten minutes to go, so a compromise would have been to bring him on About then, even as a double substitution when Moon went off for Fox. Would have given the team a bit of a lift I would have thought.

To be honest It wasn't so much Rangers were good it was more Rovers were poor but credit to rangers they won the game with little effort and with a bit more luck ,better finishing it could have been a hammering for the Rovers. As for the Rovers it was back to before Xmas lack of ideas,creativity, pressure on the opponent. Murray has his head in the sand if he thinks we don't need a striker urgently, not sure but I think Nade is suspended for Livingston away so who will play Frodo himself. AKA mark Stewart! On his own upfront?

As for the religous bile sung at the game no wonder so many families don't go to football anymore, Deal with it Rangers! Because there is no need for it in today's modern game and to think the authorities are thinking of reintroducing alcohol back at grounds God help us

The leagues over. We aren't going up and more than likely won't go down. Just have a fucking go at teams for fucks sake.

Change it Murray?

We've been poor at home all season. Thank f**k this cup tie is away from home. We can only really do cagey counter attacking stuff.

Pleased with the result, we are playing better but still a long way short of what is really required.

Peach of a goal from Murdoch.

Why were Raith scared of us, baffling after the cup game.

As for the singing, Collymore is an attention seeking arsehole but the TBB is not the answer, just gave the troll what he wants.

So its collymores fault your fans are a bunch of racist bigots ?

The leagues over. We aren't going up and more than likely won't go down. Just have a fucking go at teams for fucks sake.

My point exactly. We seemed happy to accept a narrow defeat last night and that showed with Murray's post-match interview. I'm not shouting for his head at all but if you get the plaudits for the way we played at Ibrox you have to take the criticism. For Murray basically to say we lost cause it was Rangers and we're expected to isn't really acceptable and what the fans want to hear. TV and radio pundits, plus fans from other clubs on here can't understand why we sat off Rangers and allowed them to control the game so can't we as fans of club ask our manager the same question?

It's not the fact we lost, it's the way we played and if Rangers had someone up front who was match sharp with a proper run of games under them we'd have been looking at another 6-1 or worse tonight. 22 shots on goal against us should tell the team that!

Still to go back to the fact that Vaughan isn't a world beater. No guarantee that he would have changed the game in the slightest. In fact previous evidence of substitute appearances suggests he comes on and does very little so he may have actually weakened the team as we looked for an equaliser. Nade and Conroy can get goals. Stewart despite being a loose cannon can contribute to goals even when he's blowing out his arse as he did in the 94th minute on Saturday.

It's a judgement call whether to bring Vaughan on or stick with those on the pitch. It's a marginal decision yet people are acting like it's the most obvious decision in the world and Murray is inept for not making it. I think that's extremely harsh.

Do agree that bringing Vaughan on with a minute to go is pointless. Also agree that unless we go on a blistering run the league is over. Rest of the season hangs on Inverness in cup and maybe scuppering Rangers/Hibs/QOS/Falkirk's play off push

Murray was prepared to throw on two midfielders when we were 2-0 down rather than use Vaughan. If he doesn't want to use him he needs to get him off the wage bill.

IIRC he is signed until 2016 the boy would be quids in and the club worse off financially.

Archived