Films You've Walked Out Off . . .

DeeTillEhDeh

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never walked out on a movie but turned a few off. By that I'm meaning sat down and planned to watch as opposed to flicking through channels. Also, these are all pretty recently watched as I can't remember every movie I've switched off lol.

Avatar - boring and THE MOST overrated movie ever.

Snow White reboot with that whore from Twilight - on the bus back from Italy with the school this got forced onto us, only for it to be pretty unanimously decided to get it off.

Avengers - Fucking loved this movie but it didn't click with my family so it was sadly switched off - had already seen it more than enough times though lol.

Green Street - Oh dear. Heard about this and saw it was on Channel 5 late at night so recorded it but ended just watching it as it came on. Charlie Hunnam's accent :lol: Elijah Wood as a hooligan :lol: the entire plot of this movie :lol:

Closest I've been to walking out is Good Day to Die Hard, the Hobbit 3 or 22 Jump Street. Honestly some of my least favourite movies I've seen in the cinema in years. Or Grown Ups. Even my 11 year old self could tell how stupid that was and pandered to the lowest form of cinema - goer.

I rarely go to the cinema nowadays so if I do go it's to see something that I'm desperate to see and chances are I wouldn't walk out.

I used to go a lot more in my younger days, went to see Cat in the hat with an ex, would have walked out of that one because it was awful but i decided to get stinky fingers instead. Made good use of the darkness.

Would of walked out of Underworld too if i wasn't on a date with the same outcome as cat in the hat.

I've never walked out of a film as such as I'm too tight not to get my full shlling's worth. However I did entertain a girl in Macedonia when I was there by taking the piss out of the frankly awful Demi Moore vehicle "The Juror".

I also went to see "Existenz" in Spain when I was on holiday not realising there wouldn't be subtitles but that it would be dubbed into Spanish which I don't speak. Two hours of utter puzzlement ensued....

Never walked out of a cinema as, like others, I go so rarely that it has to be something I'm really keen to see in the first place.

Off the top of my head, I gave up on Magic Mike after about half an hour and can't even remember what happened in that time and missed the last 20 mins or so of Inbetweeners 2 because I took my neighbour and her granddaughter to hospital but to be honest, I'd had enough of it by then anyway.

Only left two films early in the cinema - one was the last King Kong remake once it was apparent that it was going to be a snoozefest similar to the Rings films, and I forget the other. I keep thinking Congo, but I just ended up wishing that I had with that one. I did a pre-walkout on Batman & Robin, as we'd all bought tickets and I had a sudden feeling of dread as we were about to walk into the theatre. I dingy'd the rest of the group and snuck into The Fifth Element instead. Possibly one of the best cinema decisions I've ever made :P

The wife walked out of the '98 Godzilla, all credit to her.

Les Miserables. By no means did I think it was sh£te. I just really couldn't get into personally so decided to leave.

Plenty of dvd's I've never got through. Batman and Robin being the one that springs to mind just now though.

Or turned off without finishing?

Most recently Gone Girl.

But also (a lot of these are switch-offs - walk-outs are +):

* Iron Man 3

* Batman & Robin +

* Battlefield Earth +

* Sex Lives of the Potato Men

* The Happening

* Norbit

* Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

* Catwoman +

* Gigli

* Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen +

* Eragon

* Year One +

* Van Helsing

* Matrix Revolutions

Eternal sunshine is a tremendous film.

Twice.

Jeepers Creepers, as it was fucking dreadful.

Prior to that, The Blair Witch Project, as the girl I was with got motion sickness during the freaking out, running through the woods scenes.

Knew I shouldn't have pumped her in the cinema.

I get motion sick watching those kinds of films too. Cloverfield and Troll Hunter were the same - had to turn off all 3 about half way through.

I've walked out on a film at the cinema once. Last year - the Quiet Ones. It was completely unwatchable. The only other time I've been close was for a movie called Damsels in Distress, which I see has good ratings on Rotten Tomatoes! It was dreadful.

Three other films that spring immediately to mind - Frozen (not the Disney one, the one where 3 people get stuck in a cable car and one guy jumps out of it), This Means War and How Do You Know. Just nut. Started watching all three on tv and got about half way through before turning them off.

Only walked out of a cinema once, was Be Kind Rewind with Jack Black, utter tosh but I did later watch the end and it confirmed that it was a good decision to leave. Only turned off a film at home once, and it was so poor I didn't ever manage to force myself to go back and watch it. It was Simon Pegg sitting in his flat shitting himself any time there was a noise, whilst doing nothing else. So bad it was unreal.

Archived