The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

That is words, what my post was about were actions by Democrats aimed at subverting democracy, you couldn't make it up.

I take your point but both in Brexit and US election the winning side undermined the process and threatened not to accept the result if they lost. It's a bit fucking rich now to be screaming "GET OVER IT YOU LOST" like there can never be another election/referendum or that the process wasn't deeply flawed for Brexit and in fact just advisory, not some cast-iron will of the people shite.

18 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Kinda wish you were Katy, you are just god awful

It's the lack of appreciation of irony that gets me.

Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, two career attention whores who real time media troll by being as "outrageous" and button pushing as possible to make up for a lack of talent and originality, now shedding crocodile tears that America's next president is a career attention whore who... ok, you get the picture?

(ffs we even had Gaga's kindergarten type speech for Hillary before making a big deal HERSELF less about the content or issues about she was wearing the same jacket Michael Jackson wore once to the White House)

It was crass fkers like this who helped create the dumbed down society (even by American standards) where someone running for president in the manner of Trump would make it to merely the nomination stage.

Like the UK after the distasteful hysteria over Princess Di's death, this is a moment where the US is now truly seeing itself in the mirror for the first time (ironic for the most narcissistic nation on earth) as to what it has really become not only to itself but the rest of the world, and this time there's no 9/11 to retreat behind displacement defensive victimhood. This is 11/9 - and there's no one to blame anymore but themselves.

24 minutes ago, RiG said:

One day elections will be fought solely on the quality of their associated memes.

One day Paulo Sergio will be first minister of Scotland, going by that logic.  What have you done to us, RIG? What have you done?

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

One day Paulo Sergio will be first minister of Scotland, going by that logic.  What have you done to us, RIG? What have you done?

I was thinking after the election result who would be the equivalend of Trump in the UK but I don't watch enough pish TV to know his equivalent.

7 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

It's the lack of appreciation of irony that gets me.

Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, two career attention whores who real time media troll by being as "outrageous" and button pushing as possible to make up for a lack of talent and originality, now shedding crocodile tears that America's next president is a career attention whore who... ok, you get the picture?

(ffs we even had Gaga's kindergarten type speech for Hillary before making a big deal HERSELF less about the content or issues about she was wearing the same jacket Michael Jackson wore once to the White House)

It was crass fkers like this who helped create the dumbed down society (even by American standards) where someone running for president in the manner of Trump would make it to merely the nomination stage.

Like the UK after the distasteful hysteria over Princess Di's death, this is a moment where the US is now truly seeing itself in the mirror for the first time (ironic for the most narcissistic nation on earth) as to what it has really become not only to itself but the rest of the world, and this time there's no 9/11 to retreat behind displacement defensive victimhood. This is 11/9 - and there's no one to blame anymore but themselves.

Im still scratching my head at a multimillionaire like Gaga going on about how she doesnt have equal rights. Poor rich person.

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I take your point but both in Brexit and US election the winning side undermined the process and threatened not to accept the result if they lost. It's a bit fucking rich now to be screaming "GET OVER IT YOU LOST" like there can never be another election/referendum or that the process wasn't deeply flawed for Brexit and in fact just advisory, not some cast-iron will of the people shite.

In both the Brexit and US election both sides of both arguments undermined the process, personally I think it's far worse to delay acknowledging the will of the people or rallying against the will of the people than it is to say you will.

As for your point about brexit being advisory, that may well be true but it's absurd and dangerous to just treat it as advisory, after all, those in Westminster democratically voted to give the people the vote, they had two votes to our one, how many votes do they need, as many as is required to get the right result?

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That daft bus guy, I would say.

Which daft bus guy?

2 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Im still scratching my head at a multimillionaire like Gaga going on about how she doesnt have equal rights. Poor rich person.

That's like saying a rich black person cannot be the victim of racism.

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

One person outside of the official campaign, (in the case of Brexit) stated that a narrow win might lead to a second referendum (Sound familiar?).  Meanwhile we have a court case on-going and the leave campaign being investigated by the CPS - not only are the remainers not accepting the result, they are actively attempting to over-turn it. 

I am pretty sure that the legal framework was put in place, the election was overseen by the electoral commission and that normal voting procedures were used.  Which part of the process was "deeply flawed".

Once again the throwing about of the "advisory" nature of the referendum is the very same accusation that you are throwing at others.  Looking for a way for the result to be over-turned.  I have previously asked, and have yet to be shown, a single piece of campaign literature that pointed out the non-binding nature of the vote.  Perhaps you could provide it?

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Lest we forget his hilarious anecdotes.  Roy Chubby Brown could be his running mate.   

Chancellor Brown, it certainly has a familiar ring to it.

23 minutes ago, strichener said:

One person outside of the official campaign, (in the case of Brexit) stated that a narrow win might lead to a second referendum (Sound familiar?).  Meanwhile we have a court case on-going and the leave campaign being investigated by the CPS - not only are the remainers not accepting the result, they are actively attempting to over-turn it. 

I am pretty sure that the legal framework was put in place, the election was overseen by the electoral commission and that normal voting procedures were used.  Which part of the process was "deeply flawed".

Once again the throwing about of the "advisory" nature of the referendum is the very same accusation that you are throwing at others.  Looking for a way for the result to be over-turned.  I have previously asked, and have yet to be shown, a single piece of campaign literature that pointed out the non-binding nature of the vote.  Perhaps you could provide it?

He also said that it wasn't over in his premature defeat speech.  The fact you think him being outside the official campaign matters a jot is pretty telling. Like Boris, Gove and May (probably) you seem quite happy to pick up the racist vote then disassociate yourself with it when you think it suits your cause.

Brexit was created to steal the UKIP vote and settle a part of the conservative party. It was fought on lies, by both sides, it had no discernible outcome, no clarity as to what a Leave vote would mean or entail and the fact there has been a successful High court challenge against one of the proposed (post vote) outcomes, is a pretty good indicator that the process was flawed from start to finish. 

A process that produces no discernible result is I think it is fair to say flawed, is it not?

Brexit means Brexit isn't fucking good enough, before you start.

Archived