Should penalty shoot-outs be replaced by poetry reading

That's right - if the game remains even - there is a poetry competition to decide the winner.

Don't get me wrong here. Penalty shoot-outs can be extremely tense, nail-biting stuff and in all honesty probably a million times more exciting than poetry reading - but that in a sense is my point.

Personally, I regard penalty shoot-outs as a bit of a lottery - that can have a real stigma for the players who miss. I would much rather see one team or the other win in normal time. Any incentive for them to do so should be encouraged.

Me, I would be absolutely terrified at the thought of having to read out a poem I wrote to a full house at Hampden. Hopefully the players would feel the same way - play out of their skin - score a goal even.

Please note that I am not being totally unbiased here. I am sure every Inverness player would be able to write a lovely poem about a bridge and a castle or something like that. By contrast, other teams who constantly hear songs they should not be hearing - well they would be lost for inspiration.

Just a thought.

Can't believe nobody has thought of this before.

Ayr United are bound to have an advantage with their Burns connections although us and the Arabs are fucked if we take after McGonagall.

No it should be replaced with the team captains opening and then eating a can of Surströmming and who ever eats it the fastest or without being sick wins the match for there team

It's an abstract idea

that may well bring fear

to some hard centre-half

& we'd have a laugh

but it sounds much easier

than advertising pizzia.

f**k off McGonagall

Cos Grimbo's on the ball.

Grimbo

Someone on here a few months ago did a poem in an identical style to Silvery Tay by McGonagall. I can't remember who it was but it was fucking brilliant.

That's right - if the game remains even - there is a poetry competition to decide the winner.

Don't get me wrong here. Penalty shoot-outs can be extremely tense, nail-biting stuff and in all honesty probably a million times more exciting than poetry reading - but that in a sense is my point.

Personally, I regard penalty shoot-outs as a bit of a lottery - that can have a real stigma for the players who miss. I would much rather see one team or the other win in normal time. Any incentive for them to do so should be encouraged.

Me, I would be absolutely terrified at the thought of having to read out a poem I wrote to a full house at Hampden. Hopefully the players would feel the same way - play out of their skin - score a goal even.

Please note that I am not being totally unbiased here. I am sure every Inverness player would be able to write a lovely poem about a bridge and a castle or something like that. By contrast, other teams who constantly hear songs they should not be hearing - well they would be lost for inspiration.

Just a thought.

What a shite concept

No clue how you thought of it

Please just close the thread

Archived