Happy Birthday Judge Dredd

jagfox

Block Mania and Apocalypse War were my favorites along with Cursed Earth.

Stop getting it regularly about prog 1000.

I used to be able to describe the front cover if given the prog number 8)

From the deidpool side, in the last month we had the first guy to draw him, John Cooper aged 72 http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/24/2000ads-john-cooper-dies-aged-72/

and Bret Ewins @59 who did later stuff, though he was a feckin nutjob who stabbed a couple of plod who were arresting him in 2012 I think.

Sad times. Carlos Esquerra drew the first Dredd in prog 2 hence the birthday ting 8)

ah, old Stoney Face...

post-12982-0-53770400-1425594950_thumb.j

Jim McLean's comeback interview did not go well...

I sometimes miss the old stories when Alan Grant wrote in partnership with Wagner- Grant added a bit of twisted fun to the tales.

My favourite Dredd story ever was a one off called "It pays to be mental" which was one of the stories with a bit of twisted fun in it.

Quite enjoying the current one with Sydney Death and his pals- I would imagine PJ Maybe managed to avoid being "judged".

I also enjoyed "Origins"- some satisfying nuclear explosions in that one

post-12982-0-18025800-1425595295_thumb.j

Bad news for fans of The Wire...

I am a bit of a hoarder and I had the first 51 copies of 2000AD all neatly piled up but then things changed at the time and I ended up throwing them out. For years I have regretted doing so. It was the same when a magazine about the Vietnam war came out, I had the full set of them but for some silly reason I binned the lot of them also.

I am a bit of a hoarder and I had the first 51 copies of 2000AD all neatly piled up but then things changed at the time and I ended up throwing them out. For years I have regretted doing so. It was the same when a magazine about the Vietnam war came out, I had the full set of them but for some silly reason I binned the lot of them also.

:(

Archived