World Cup 2018 Qualifying

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Swarley said:

Stats from the game.
9efbedbef11d6b99f3377067b907856f.jpg

Excellent thanks. I wonder if you didn't know the score how many would say 6-0 home win! It just shows you can't rely on stats no matter what the moneyball lovers say.

Love a good stat, what site or app are they from???

FlashScore app

Excellent thanks. I wonder if you didn't know the score how many would say 6-0 home win! It just shows you can't rely on stats no matter what the moneyball lovers say.

Was keeping an eye on the game and when I saw the stats I was amazed it was 6-0. Different day, Honduras would have won.

From what I saw of the first half, it looks like England still haven't truly clicked under Southgate. I know it's silly saying that after another win for them, but there's just something not been right about them.

17 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

From what I saw of the first half, it looks like England still haven't truly clicked under Southgate. I know it's silly saying that after another win for them, but there's just something not been right about them.

Southgate is a lucky joke of a manager. I'm glad England appointed him as he will get destroyed in the world cup.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

The only game we've actually played well in was the defeat in Germany the other night. We've been moderate to crap in all his other games.

As horrendous as it looks it might not keep him out that long.

Similar to the Larsson injury years ago it looks absolutely shocking but because it was a clean break they apparently heal very well. Compare Larsson's break with the knee injury Michael Mols suffered not long after iirc which didn't look like much at all. Larsson came back better than ever but Mols was never anywhere near the same player after that injury.

If I had a pound for every time this example of a clean break is given......

England will qualify with ease then get papped out early in the tournament. Same as they always do.

Another tremendous result for Northern Ireland last night. They're in a great position to make the playoffs ahead of the Czech Republic now. Just shows what can be achieved with an extremely average group of players when you have a proper manager in charge.

Useless information, but I noticed an Iain Ramsay scored for the Philippines today against Nepal. 

Upon further inspection, he's Australian born to a Scottish father and was on Gretna's books as a youth.

USA can move back into the top 3 in the table with a win over Panama tonight.

On a side note, the CONCACAF is gash. Mexico and the US would need to be utterly pish not to make any World Cups.
Maybe I am just bitter that we can't make it.

40 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

USA can move back into the top 3 in the table with a win over Panama tonight.

On a side note, the CONCACAF is gash. Mexico and the US would need to be utterly pish not to make any World Cups.
Maybe I am just bitter that we can't make it.

I've always though they had too easy a time of it.  They're kind of like Australia were before they moved to the Asia section, albeit with an inter-continental play off.

Perhaps an Americas super section is needed to give then a challenge as mentioned above.

Archived