Hitting 40

sjc

A certain popular P&B Poster has hit 40 years old today (He'll remain nameless) and I just wondered how other Posters felt about hitting 40? I, myself reach this milestone next year but am not that bothered as I have a "young as you feel attitude".

How about you guys? Worried about the onset of 40? Have you already hit 40? Did it hurt? Is your life over because of it?!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everyone else seems to make a bigger deal of htting 40 than the person that birthday it is. This applies even to the people that are already over 40.

"Oh, how you feeling, now you've hit the big four-0???" what? like my knobs about to fall off? hairs about to fall out?

You may find a grey pube. you may even treat yourself to a cupcake from the outstanding cake shop across from your work, but you won't be fazed by it.

I felt the same as the day before my birthday.

one bit of advice, have a party, you'll get sh*t loads

everyone else seems to make a bigger deal of htting 40 than the person that birthday it is. This applies even to the people that are already over 40.

"Oh, how you feeling, now you've hit the big four-0???" what? like my knobs about to fall off? hairs about to fall out?

You may find a grey pube. you may even treat yourself to a cupcake from the outstanding cake shop across from your work, but you won't be fazed by it.

I felt the same as the day before my birthday.

one bit of advice, have a party, you'll get sh*t loads

Exactly this. I will be 40 in August and everyone else seems to be more bothered by it than I am.

Few years away yet but I can't say I'm looking forward to it. Hitting 30 was bad enough.

I didn't mind 30. Actually thought hitting 25 was worse........was like "shit! I'm no longer early 20's!"

A certain popular P&B Poster has hit 40 years old today (He'll remain nameless) and I just wondered how other Posters felt about hitting 40? I, myself reach this milestone next year but am not that bothered as I have a "young as you feel attitude".

How about you guys? Worried about the onset of 40? Have you already hit 40? Did it hurt? Is your life over because of it?!

Ditch the barge, get yourself a speedboat.

I didn't mind 30. Actually thought hitting 25 was worse........was like "shit! I'm no longer early 20's!"

25 is still early 20s by my reckoning. Years 20-28=early 20s, 29=late 20s.

This. 28 was the absolute worst. I remember being on a night out to celebrate my birthday and all of a sudden it just hit me and I wanted to cry. Don't get me wrong, I had an awful year being 27 and was glad to see the back of it. At 27 though, you can get away with mid-twenties. At 28, you are undeniably late twenties and there's no shying away from the fact 30 is bearing down on you. My plan was always to spend my 30th birthday drunk enough that the next day I'd forget it had happened and I'd still be 29. When it actually came around, I was pregnant. Massive pregnant too. A month away from the birth and I couldn't move without making that "oooohhh" noise, carefully easing myself out of chairs and back into them. That really didn't help the fact I was facing getting older.

It was my birthday recently and I thought I was going to be 38 but it seems I miscounted and I'm only 37. Result.

For the last couple of years, whenever I do anything stupid the missus tells me "you're nearly 40"

In other news, there's two apples and a banana in the fruit bowl. Rearranging them into an amusing representation of the male genitalia will never, ever stop being funny, however old I get.

Oh act you age Mrs M! ;)

It was my birthday recently and I thought I was going to be 38 but it seems I miscounted and I'm only 37. Result.

For the last couple of years, whenever I do anything stupid the missus tells me "you're nearly 40"

kick her in the pie.

This. 28 was the absolute worst. I remember being on a night out to celebrate my birthday and all of a sudden it just hit me and I wanted to cry. Don't get me wrong, I had an awful year being 27 and was glad to see the back of it. At 27 though, you can get away with mid-twenties. At 28, you are undeniably late twenties and there's no shying away from the fact 30 is bearing down on you. My plan was always to spend my 30th birthday drunk enough that the next day I'd forget it had happened and I'd still be 29. When it actually came around, I was pregnant. Massive pregnant too. A month away from the birth and I couldn't move without making that "oooohhh" noise, carefully easing myself out of chairs and back into them. That really didn't help the fact I was facing getting older.

I make that noise, too - and not just when easing off of chairs - and I'm not pregnant.

35 was a bad one for me - half my three score and ten away, got quite down about it - 40 & 50 were (slightly) bigger deals for everyone else other than I, as has already been mentioned (40 and 50 weren't that big deals for me, but were slightly bigger for others), and 60 has come and gone with barely an acknowledgement.

Archived