Hitting 40

sjc

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hit 50 in December last year, didn't hurt a bit. Can't actually remember how I felt when I hit 40 other than it obviously wasn't very dramatic.

there are some times I feel "old" but that's just usually on cold damp mornings when my body takes a bit longer than usual to get going. Other than that I still think I feel mid-30s.

Almost exactly the same for me, was 50 last April and it doesn't make me feel any older or more mature.

Thought I was 46 until I did a quick wee calculation and relaised I'm actually 47.

It was my birthday recently and I thought I was going to be 38 but it seems I miscounted and I'm only 37. Result.

Does this actually happen? Do you actually start forgetting what age you are? Christ...

Does this actually happen? Do you actually start forgetting what age you are? Christ...

Yeah, I often forget my birthday as well. Last year it was nearly lunchtime before I twigged. I only realised when I subconsciously put down the date as 1975, instead of 2014 when filing some paperwork at work

* Books first flight to Switzerland.

I'm a bit bummed about turning 25 but that's possibly more to do with the number of my pals getting married and having weans. And the fact that I now look visibly out of place in a nightclub or anywhere where young folk are present.

They say "life begins at 40". Bollocks. If you get married, your life is effectively over anyway

Aren't you married? :P

That's generally a phrase you hear married women use, right before the divorce settlement is arranged ;)

A certain popular P&B Poster has hit 40 years old today (He'll remain nameless) and I just wondered how other Posters felt about hitting 40? I, myself reach this milestone next year but am not that bothered as I have a "young as you feel attitude".

How about you guys? Worried about the onset of 40? Have you already hit 40? Did it hurt? Is your life over because of it?!

The only answer to your midlife crisis is to buy a house boat and start banging ladyboys

Depends on perspective. I was fucking miserable throughout my thirties. They're well behind me now. :) The trick is to keep the basics together - mind, body and money - and take it from there.

Archived