Hitting 40

sjc

In other news, there's two apples and a banana in the fruit bowl. Rearranging them into an amusing representation of the male genitalia will never, ever stop being funny, however old I get.

funny you should mention that,

I had a donner kebab last night...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a bit "Meh" for me. I'm 33 in 6 weeks so have a fair bit of time to go, but I wasn't fussed by my 18th, 21st, 25th or 30th birthdays. Mostly I just wonder how I've managed to survive another year.

I hit 50 in December last year, didn't hurt a bit. Can't actually remember how I felt when I hit 40 other than it obviously wasn't very dramatic.

there are some times I feel "old" but that's just usually on cold damp mornings when my body takes a bit longer than usual to get going. Other than that I still think I feel mid-30s.

I turned 30 as an undergraduate at univeristy and having the absolute time of my life. Booze, ladies and parties. I think I went to more 21st's after I turned 30 than before. I was also the fittest I had been since the army. The whole "oh god turning 30" thing was not a big issue.

Missed out on a 1st though so perhaps I should dialed it back in the final year.....

Thought I was 46 until I did a quick wee calculation and relaised I'm actually 47.

Didn't bother turning 40 one little bit. Not so sure about the impending 50 though. I'm begining to have nagging doubts that I'll never get the chance to play first team football for Thistle.

I don't feel as if I am late mid forties. Aside from groaning a bit more when I stand up I don't live my life differently at 47 than I did 27. Probably have more fun at 47 if I'm being honest.

I turned 30 a few months ago and had a blast. Life is pretty wonderful on the whole. Im certainly happier and more settled than when I was 18, 21 or 25. Im also more successful in my career. I certainly don't feel old. Grown up certainly, but not old and far more contented than at any previous age milestone.

Try not to blink too much when you hit 40 as you will then hit 50 before you know it!

My daughter was born when I was 30 and I have no idea where the past 22 years went. Walked her down the aisle last week but it still feels like it was only a few weeks ago that we were bringing her home from the maternity ward.

It just seems like the older I get the quicker the years seem to pass yet I still feel in my mind that I am only still in my early 20's.

I'm 40 in two years. Actually not that bothered.... 30th was good fun.

Good excuse for a party or weekend away mind you. Going to Vegas in 6 weeks for my best mates 40th. Might need to return the favour for mine when it arrives.

Recently turned 60. I had my midlife crisis when I turned 30, now I have just accepted that death is on the horizon.

:lol: fcuking hell GD! 60 isn't that old these days! Are you in poor health?

I turned 30 as an undergraduate at univeristy and having the absolute time of my life. Booze, ladies and parties. I think I went to more 21st's after I turned 30 than before. I was also the fittest I had been since the army. The whole "oh god turning 30" thing was not a big issue.

Missed out on a 1st though so perhaps I should dialed it back in the final year.....

^^^ Jim Murphy :P

I'm turning 40 in July, looking forward to it. The year going on 30 was horrible though I was in a crappy job, single and no idea where I was heading. Whereas now life is good. Good job, Married and a young family. Not so sure about 50 though...........

I actually do remember the exact moment that I turned 40 but I was abroad at the time. Due to the time difference it was 6 o'clock where I was but midnight in this country. I was sat on a beach with the wife, drinking champagne and watching the sunset over the sea.

when i was 30 i quit my job, sold my house and b*ggered off travelling on the profits. Only lesson I learned was that £30k doesn't last very long :(

I had the best year of my life circling the globe on ~6k, which included flights. What the f**k were you spending the cash on? Or were you away for years?

Archived