Hitting 40

sjc

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40 last year, like all birthdays before it was a celebration to get this far....many out there don't.

38 was a strange one for me as that meant that I'm alive longer than my mother or father ever got.

I've another 2 and a bit years until I hit 40. Already told the wife I don't want a party, just a nice quiet weekend somewhere. If she organised a surprise party I would just walk out, I hate being made a fuss of. It's only another year, don't need balloons and banners to highlight it.

Another 20 years for me till I hit 40. Got the fear about turning 21 however which is no less than 5/6 months away.

Are you not sure of when you're birthday is?

I've another 2 and a bit years until I hit 40. Already told the wife I don't want a party, just a nice quiet weekend somewhere. If she organised a surprise party I would just walk out, I hate being made a fuss of. It's only another year, don't need balloons and banners to highlight it.

post-1545-14265954129206_thumb.jpg

Are you not sure of when you're birthday is?

Well it's the 16th of March; my birthday is the 1st of September so it's 5 and a half months away really, I wrote "5/6 months" just to save time working it out.

I didn't mind 30. Actually thought hitting 25 was worse........was like "shit! I'm no longer early 20's!"

This!

25 is a quarter of a century. Was with a friend on his 25th when this was mentioned, he turned straight into the nearest pub ( midday )

We didn't leave until closing time- I can still remember the bus journey home.

Best exclamation I heard was from a female friend upon realising what day it was exclaimed " F*ck it, I'm forty "

Why the hell would anyone get the fear about turning 21. That's a great birthday, it's the one I have the most fun on, whether it was myself or friends. Age is but a number at the end of the day and tbf I've probably only lived 1/4 of my life potentially. Actually writing it like that makes it a bit morose!

Archived