The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

The manager needs more time. We were playing well earlier in the season and still continued our good form even when results went against us. It's only in the last few games that our performances have dipped and that I suspect is due to the manager trying to change things in a desperate attempt to arrest our slide down the table.

But he's a young manager and will learn. And who would replace him? It's not exactly a sought after job.

I'll have a pint of what your drinking, how many games you been too this season pal?

The manager needs more time. We were playing well earlier in the season and still continued our good form even when results went against us. It's only in the last few games that our performances have dipped and that I suspect is due to the manager trying to change things in a desperate attempt to arrest our slide down the table.

But he's a young manager and will learn. And who would replace him? It's not exactly a sought after job.

He's been managing in the top flight for about two and a half years now, and there is no sign of him "learning" anything. He's still making the same sort of mistakes that he did at Hearts, and his teams are incapable of defending properly.

The job may not be sought after by brilliant managers, but it will definitely be sought after by a number of competent managers, which would still be an improvement on Locke.

is this a spoof?

I was starting to get behind him a bit after the upturn in fortune. Can't be denied we were playing better and looked a solid outfit.

But the last few weeks reverted to the bad old days. Defensive blunders, players out of position, Kiltie not getting a game, Barbour actually getting a game :lol: Three 4-0 defeats at home and a 5-2 by Thistle just reinforces we need change.

However, I'll support the team and hope we win today.

is this a spoof?

Maybe I just see the best in people.

But we've played well in a fair few games this season and I don't believe we've had the luck that a lot of our performances merit.

Being P&B though I should have realised that people can't handle differences of opinion.

I really want Locke to do well, but it doesn't seem to be happening, today aside. It's more scary this year as finishing in play off spot is almost auto relegation, especially the way we have been playing.

To lose so many games, by so many goals, at home, is just horrible.

A decent win but i still believe we need a change. Yesterday papered over the cracks. I still feel that if locke loses the next two games hell be gone, mark my words if locke goes we will apoint mccall swiftly afterward.

AFAIK, there is some substance to the rumour that broke last week. From what I hear, we were begging more money from Billy Bowie to use to pay off Locke's contract and McCall had been sounded out with regards to replacing him.

Bowie refused to give us any more money and that killed the "board"s plans. Not sure just how accurate that is, but have heard this story, or close variations of it, from a few different people now.

Edited by CLANCY2KTID

I don't think McCall has ever managed a team to promotion.

If/ when Killie are relegated they could be down there for a very long time :(

Edited by jagfox99

AFAIK, there is some substance to the rumour that broke last week. From what I hear, we were begging more money from Billy Bowie to use to pay off Locke's contract and McCall had been sounded out with regards to replacing him.

Bowie refused to give us any more money and that killed the "board"s plans. Not sure just how accurate that is, but have heard this story, or close variations of it, from a few different people now.

The rumour that Bowie didn't want to forward us the money doesn't surprise me . He got what he was after all along ,the hotel for a bargain basement price . Sure it would be a bonus if Killie are in the premiership but not a catastrophe for business should we go down. The theory that he " separated the football club and the hotel business , to protect the club " is IMO laughable. You don't get to become a multimillionaire by doing the decent thing all the time.

Locke will do what all employees do when their job is in jeopardy but they have a contract, sit it out and wait for an offer.

McCall would be a poor appointment. He's fine at keeping a decent team ticking over but when we hit the skids he had absolutely no answers, the dire football took about a 1,000 supporters off our attendances and he bailed under the pressure. Also, you would never win a cup match again.

I don't think McCall has ever managed a team to promotion.

If/ when Killie are relegated they could be down there for a very long time :(

We'll be fine, according to Lex (or one of the other St Mirren fans) it isn't that hard to win games when you go down, just look at how great St Mirren are doing at the moment. We'll be back up in no time.

We'll be fine, according to Lex (or one of the other St Mirren fans) it isn't that hard to win games when you go down, just look at how great St Mirren are doing at the moment. We'll be back up in no time.

spot on, I believe they're one of Darren Jackson's promotion guarantees.

Maybe I just see the best in people.

But we've played well in a fair few games this season and I don't believe we've had the luck that a lot of our performances merit.

Being P&B though I should have realised that people can't handle differences of opinion.

The league table don't lie and that is where locke will be judged at the end of the season if he's allowed to continue this wreckless mismanagement