The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

He wanted a 2 year deal - we wouldn't give him it considering he's on a high wage and would only give him a one year deal taking his injuries into account. He's got the fall back option of playing and getting into coaching with Hibs, and since we couldn't agree on a new contract, it was decided that'd just be better to get him off the wage bill so we had more money to play with to tempt Ross Draper/Abdul Osman to Dens on a PCA. That's the 'talk' anyways. Probably so we could bring in Jamie Hamill.

Good shout IMO

I loved GGH at Kilmarnock but sadly he just couldn't display the consistency of performance to be relied upon.

Would take him back in an instance though because, similar to Eremenko, if he is on it then he can win you points on his own.

I loved GGH at Kilmarnock but sadly he just couldn't display the consistency of performance to be relied upon.

Would take him back in an instance though because, similar to Eremenko, if he is on it then he can win you points on his own.

Was horribly inconsistent for us. What was his return over a year or two, five goals? With a couple of them coming against Queen of the South?

And yet the big bugger ALWAYS scores against us

The word enigma sums up GGH . On his day he was the Scottish Zidane but those days were unfortunately few and far between

This is exactly how I would describe it. He is a great talent but it just doesn't always come together for him.

I have to admit his performance in the 3-2 defeat by Dundee that stopped us from making top 6 a few years ago is actually one of my favourite performances at Rugby Park. He bullied the young lads who he knew, he dominated the game and scored.

The best bit was when he gave a wee laugh to some of the boo boys in the East stand who had given him pelters all day and the knicker wetters were looking for the referee (or the police) to do something about it. Regardless of for or against my team I always love that reaction from fans due to the sheer patheticness of it.

A similar example was a couple of months before that when Hibs beat us 4-2 in the cup quarters and people had been calling Leigh Griffiths girlfriend a slag etc (think he was dating a stripper or something) and he ran down the line after scoring. Had a wee chuckle at the seeth that day.

I have to admit his performance in the 3-2 defeat by Dundee that stopped us from making top 6 a few years ago is actually one of my favourite performances at Rugby Park. He bullied the young lads who he knew, he dominated the game and scored.

The best bit was when he gave a wee laugh to some of the boo boys in the East stand who had given him pelters all day and the knicker wetters were looking for the referee (or the police) to do something about it. Regardless of for or against my team I always love that reaction from fans due to the sheer patheticness of it.

A similar example was a couple of months before that when Hibs beat us 4-2 in the cup quarters and people had been calling Leigh Griffiths girlfriend a slag etc (think he was dating a stripper or something) and he ran down the line after scoring. Had a wee chuckle at the seeth that day.

Adebayor is the undefeated champion of that game.

Adebayor is the undefeated champion of that game.

Harkins is actually very similar to Adebayor.

Needs a contract/move - plays well.

Plays against old club - plays well.

Every other game - utter shite and doesn't care.

Harkins has admitted himself, he plays his best football in a Dundee shirt.

He's got an obvious connection with Dundee and has never acted 'big time' like he has apparently elsewhere. I think he knows his role at the club and I think he's fast becoming a club icon. He captained us in the -25 point season and when he is pretty poor (Which is usually reserved for Derby games to be fair)

he still manages to create at least one golden opportunity for us per game.

If he applied himself more, we'd have been a mere footnote in the clubs he had the actual ability to play for.

If he applied himself more, we'd have been a mere footnote in the clubs he had the actual ability to play for.

I agree. If he'd stuck in he'd have made it with us and not been forced to trawl round football backwaters like Paisley and Dundee.