The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

3 hours ago, superkillieaway said:

Fucking mental to be punishing clubs so much during an invisible fucking virus. 

You're not being punished because some of your players caught the virus, though. Youre being punished as your club admitted to breaching protocols.

2 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

but as others have said the precedent that this sets is a very dangerous one. 

The only people I've read say that on here are Killie fans. The club knew the rules when they signed up to start up again and abide by them and now after they admitted not doing that they're being punished. In what way is this a "dangerous precedent to set"? 

34 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

A bit shit from the 'making it up as we go brigade', shambles if leagues, European places and relegation are decided by this shit. 

Of course its a bit shit but so is not abiding by the terms they said they would so that they could start making money again. If anything I see the Fine as lenient tbh. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

The only people I've read say that on here are Killie fans. The club knew the rules when they signed up to start up again and abide by them and now after they admitted not doing that they're being punished. In what way is this a "dangerous precedent to set"? 

Of course its a bit shit but so is not abiding by the terms they said they would so that they could start making money again. If anything I see the Fine as lenient tbh. 

We’ve obviously fecked up but we won’t be the last. My biggest gripe is why should Motherwell and Hamilton gain out of this, end of the day they have gained on more teams in the league than Killie and Saints. If I was a St J, Ross County, United or Livi fan I wouldn’t be happy the authorities have just gifted there rivals points and goals. Imagine being pipped in a relegation battle by a point or the odd goal to Hamilton.

5 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

We’ve obviously fecked up but we won’t be the last. My biggest gripe is why should Motherwell and Hamilton gain out of this, end of the day they have gained on more teams in the league than Killie and Saints. If I was a St J, Ross County, United or Livi fan I wouldn’t be happy the authorities have just gifted there rivals points and goals. Imagine being pipped in a relegation battle by a point or the odd goal to Hamilton.

You probably won't be the last, hopefully you are though as I'd hate to think clubs are still breaking protocols. 

Motherwell and Hamilton gain out of it because they landed incredibly lucky. Just like teams gain unfair advantages when players are wrongly sent off etc. 

4 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Even as a Motherwell fan, that's not sat right with me either but it's addressed in the full finding. While it's not perfect, it's fairly logical. 

Basically, Killie needed 13 players for the games to go ahead. They'd have been playing with a severely under-strength squad against a full Motherwell / Hamilton squad so would have been severely disadvantaged (through their own fault) and the likelihood of a Motherwell / Hamilton win was probably fairly high. 

Instead of just being a bit shite at Covid protocols and turning up with 13 players, they've been so completely shite that they couldn't even scrape 13 players together. So by being so completely shite they've gained a huge advantage by then having a full squad for the replay. A massive advantage by taking incompetence to a different level. 

This ruling works on the assumption that Killie should have been fielding a severely weakened team in both games. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You probably won't be the last, hopefully you are though as I'd hate to think clubs are still breaking protocols. 

Motherwell and Hamilton gain out of it because they landed incredibly lucky. Just like teams gain unfair advantages when players are wrongly sent off etc. 

Bugger all like a sending off, I’m not complaining about getting punished because we’ve obviously got things wrong but that’s fecking crazy, just dock us points if they want to start messing about with points don’t reward another team that gives them an advantage over everyone else. Wouldn’t have happened to the big guns in the league that’s for sure and I’m quite sure if it happened to your mob it wouldn’t be as black and white as you seem to see it.

Just now, Killiefan said:

Bugger all like a sending off, I’m not complaining about getting punished because we’ve obviously got things wrong but that’s fecking crazy, just dock us points if they want to start messing about with points don’t reward another team that gives them an advantage over everyone else. Wouldn’t have happened to the big guns in the league that’s for sure and I’m quite sure if it happened to your mob it wouldn’t be as black and white as you seem to see it.

If it's nothing like a sending off then how about a player diving to win a penalty which is scored and results in that team winning three points only for the player who dived to be banned for diving and yet, the team is still rewarded with three points? 

Dock you points from games you've won? Then what happens to the games that were called off? Why should Motherwell and Hamilton have to rearrange and stuff in fixtures because your club broke the rules - where is the fairness in that? 

7 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Bugger all like a sending off, I’m not complaining about getting punished because we’ve obviously got things wrong but that’s fecking crazy, just dock us points if they want to start messing about with points don’t reward another team that gives them an advantage over everyone else. 

If you're docking points, but taking games off other teams, then are you not then punishing those sides?

As in, Motherwell would find themselves with 2 less games than their rivals to gain points from, through no fault of their own.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If it's nothing like a sending off then how about a player diving to win a penalty which is scored and results in that team winning three points only for the player who dived to be banned for diving and yet, the team is still rewarded with three points? 

Dock you points from games you've won? Then what happens to the games that were called off? Why should Motherwell and Hamilton have to rearrange and stuff in fixtures because your club broke the rules - where is the fairness in that? 

We’re not the first club to have broke rules they still managed to play rearranged fixtures. Fairness? rules made up as you go in worldwide pandemic. As I said we won’t be the last so will be interesting from now on in.

Just now, Killiefan said:

rules made up as you go in worldwide pandemic. 

No, the rules were made up fucking months ago - your club accepted them as part of the deal to be allowed to return to playing football whilst numerous others had to lay dormant with no support or income. 

Again, you're not the first to break the rules and you're right about that. However, players broke the rules and were punished at which point a warning was sent out that more breaches would result in tougher penalties. The club were warned, repeatedly, yet have still continued to breach protocols. 

Take your Kilmarnock tinted glasses off and look at it for a minute.

It's like a guy in court getting done with GBH crying because a guy done with assault got a lighter punishment ffs. 

13 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

We’re not the first club to have broke rules they still managed to play rearranged fixtures. Fairness? rules made up as you go in worldwide pandemic. As I said we won’t be the last so will be interesting from now on in.

Take yer medicine like the other clubs had to in the summer. Didn’t see your club complaining and moaning then!!

Edited by Sting777

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

No, the rules were made up fucking months ago - your club accepted them as part of the deal to be allowed to return to playing football whilst numerous others had to lay dormant with no support or income. 

Again, you're not the first to break the rules and you're right about that. However, players broke the rules and were punished at which point a warning was sent out that more breaches would result in tougher penalties. The club were warned, repeatedly, yet have still continued to breach protocols. 

Take your Kilmarnock tinted glasses off and look at it for a minute.

It's like a guy in court getting done with GBH crying because a guy done with assault got a lighter punishment ffs. 

Jesus wept.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Was that who was getting done with GBH? 

It's more the fact you have half a story and have jumped to all sorts of conclusions to suit some kind of narrative.  The original fixture was scheduled for 2nd October, think about that.

And no, it's your verbal GBH I find offensive. Solidarity brother.

1 minute ago, Howlin Wilf said:

It's more the fact you have half a story and have jumped to all sorts of conclusions to suit some kind of narrative.  The original fixture was scheduled for 2nd October, think about that. 

You'll have to elaborate on these two bolder parts. Thank you, brother.