The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

What an absolute scumbag, the author deserves everything coming their way......

No Royal Mail due to todays bank holiday, so if if was recieved this morning it has to be hand delivered. They would be extremely lucky to dodge all the CCTV around RP.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hopefully Killie and the police find and charge the scumbag who sent the racist letter to Alex Dyer.

Thats not a Kilmarnock supporter IMO.

Barely qualify as a human being IMO, hope whoever did it gets caught and made to face the consequences of their abhorrent actions.

Utter scumbag.

Hope they get named and shamed and that the supposed fan doesnt darken the door of any football club in this country ever again.

Genuinely dont know what goes through peoples heads. There are seemingly a number of legit reasons to think Dyer isnt the best manager. But imagine being that thick that you bring his skin colour in to it. Fud.

12 hours ago, Ric said:

Sounds like a discontented boomer. Nobody younger writes racist letters, they rely on the power of the Internet to demonstrate their lack of intelligence.

You'd assume they felt a sudden urge to be racist and thought it through enough to decide a letter was harder to trace back to them than using their FB/Twitter profile.

Imagine taking the time to find some paper, and a pen, writing out a letter with racist abuse in it, sealing it in an envelope, sticking a stamp on it, taking the time to go to a postbox and actually sending the letter and at no point stopping to think that it was a terrible, scummy idea. Fingers crossed they are identified and banned for life.

Now I’m going to choose my words very carefully as the issue of racism is bigger than whether we finish 4th or 11th. 

From a football results point of view this letter leaves the club in a position where, if they were thinking about it, sacking the manager now is going to either lead to accusations of giving in to racists or being racist themselves. As a fan who personally wants Dyer to be replaced this disgusting event has made that less of a possibility than it was a week ago.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd assume they felt a sudden urge to be racist and thought it through enough to decide a letter was harder to trace back to them than using their FB/Twitter profile.

While you'd guess that your average moron would easily get caught out using an online account to throw racist abuse, the idea that someone is stupid enough to think that a racist letter is in any way a good thing suggests they will have left enough physical evidence for them to be traced.

8 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Imagine taking the time to find some paper, and a pen, writing out a letter with racist abuse in it, sealing it in an envelope, sticking a stamp on it, taking the time to go to a postbox and actually sending the letter and at no point stopping to think that it was a terrible, scummy idea. Fingers crossed they are identified and banned for life.

Indeed. I wonder if there were several drafts, with this idiot discarding other pathetic rants because they just weren't racist enough. The ability to not only get so enraged by someone's ethnicity in relation to a job they are doing, and to keep that anger so intently as to result in them going through the process as you've laid out, is probably a sign they should seek help for a number of issues.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

From a football results point of view this letter leaves the club in a position where, if they were thinking about it, sacking the manager now is going to either lead to accusations of giving in to racists or being racist themselves. As a fan who personally wants Dyer to be replaced this disgusting event has made that less of a possibility than it was a week ago.

Sidestepping the fact that the person sending this is clearly a cretin, I think you are right here. It forces the club's hand a little in retaining him longer simply because they don't wish to be seen pandering to idiots. While not a like for like, the Lennon protests by Celtic fans is another example where unacceptable behaviour rarely, if ever, gets the results those perpetrating it desire.

9 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Totally agree, absolute weapon.

Police Scotland are investigating DNA swabs from a racist letter that was sent to Kilmarnock manager Alex Dyer, while the club are working with the force to identify the individuals involved....

They are obviously going all out to catch this scumbag and rightly so.

Calling Dyer Alec would be funny if it wasn’t so tragic. 

I had a conversation with a German colleague a few weeks ago about how there are folks in parts of Ayrshire who are still surprised when they see carts without horses. This, unfortunately, provides more evidence for my case.

15 hours ago, Ric said:

While you'd guess that your average moron would easily get caught out using an online account to throw racist abuse, the idea that someone is stupid enough to think that a racist letter is in any way a good thing suggests they will have left enough physical evidence for them to be traced.

Indeed. I wonder if there were several drafts, with this idiot discarding other pathetic rants because they just weren't racist enough. The ability to not only get so enraged by someone's ethnicity in relation to a job they are doing, and to keep that anger so intently as to result in them going through the process as you've laid out, is probably a sign they should seek help for a number of issues.

Sidestepping the fact that the person sending this is clearly a cretin, I think you are right here. It forces the club's hand a little in retaining him longer simply because they don't wish to be seen pandering to idiots. While not a like for like, the Lennon protests by Celtic fans is another example where unacceptable behaviour rarely, if ever, gets the results those perpetrating it desire.

The Lennon/Celtic example is exactly what I was thinking about as I typed it.

The positive news is that the players will hopefully rally around the manager and maybe give a bit extra.