Player of The Year

But but but - Jackie says Ciftci is the best player in the league!

Hard to see past Johansen for me which, although I think he's a fair player, is a bit of an indicator of how the quality of the Celtic squad has fallen quite a bit in the last few years. Not a grumble, just an observation.

I think ShiftKey has had some very good game but is far too inconsistent. I guess it's because I see Jack most weeks but he's hardly had a poor game and even when he is below par, I find myself nit picking. He might be the best player I've ever seen in an Aberdeen jersey.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think ShiftKey has had some very good game but is far too inconsistent. I guess it's because I see Jack most weeks but he's hardly had a poor game and even when he is below par, I find myself nit picking. He might be the best player I've ever seen in an Aberdeen jersey.

I certainly enjoyed his contribution at Dens in the last game. Some filthy skillz to tee up that cross.

Probably way off the mark for a lot of these, but from what I've seen this season at Firhill/highlights:

Aberdeen - Adam Rooney
Celtic - Craig Gordon
Dundee - Greg Stewart
Dundee Utd - Stuart Armstrong before he left, otherwise Chris Erskine
Hamilton - Tony Andreu before he left, otherwise Jesus Garcia Tena, at a push.
ICT - Marley Watkins
Kilmarnock - Tope Obadeyi
Motherwell - Scott McDonald
Partick Thistle - Abdul Osman
Ross County - Rafael Da Vita
St. Johnstone - Michael O'Halloran
St. Mirren - Kenny McLean before he left. Otherwise... Erm... Isaac Osbourne. Just cause he was so good at Thistle.

Good thread idea, Mags.

Obviously I can only go by the matches I've seen.

Aberdeen - Ryan Jack

Celtic - Stefan Johansen

Dundee - Greg Stewart

Dundee United - Stuart Armstrong

Hamilton - Tony Andreu

Inverness CT - Marley Watkins

Kilmarnock - Mark Connolly (batshit mental that anyone would choose Eremenko over him, he's had a very average season)

Motherwell - Scott McDonald (as he'll keep them up)

Partick Thistle - Abdul Osman

Ross County - Jackson Irvine (baby)

St Johnstone - Michael O'Hanraha-hanrahan

St Mirren - Kenny McLean

I'm laughing at Ainsworth as our POTY as he has been very poor (in a very poor team) all season regardless of how good he can be - but I'd be struggling to think of anyone that you could pick actually - no-one has been good all season that I can think of. Pearson, McDonald and Johnson have all been very good since they came in but they have only played a handful of games.

can't believe I'm saying this - but Josh Law has been pretty consistent since moving to full back and solved a problem there - he's at least got the excuse that he's stepped up from 6th Tier of English football :o

Best player in the league by miles is Johanssen, cracking wee player.

Aberdeen - Jack

Celtic - Johanssen

Dundee - Stewart. Special mention to Gowser who found his form again.

United - Tough one, don't think Armstrong was having a great season before he left, same with GMS. I'll have to think about this one.

Hamilton - McGovern

ICT - Draper

Kilmarnock - Connoly

Motherwell - McDonald has turned their season around.

Partick Thistle - Osman, hard as nails. Injured Osbourne twice this season :lol: .

Ross County - Erm :unsure: don't have a clue, their turnover of players is frightening to be honest.

St Johnstone- Chris Millar

St Mirren - Goodwin has been our most consistent player. McLean was electric for about 6 weeks which earned him his move but over the season Goodwin edges it. He has tried his best to hold a shoddy defence together. He has made plenty of mistakes too but without him it would be even more chaotic. We'd probably be relegated by now if it wasn't for McLean's hot streak right enough.

Ryan Jack has been consistently the best player in the league this season. Just runs games, but POTY will almost certainly go to Van Dijk, which I think is nonsense. I guess it's about whether you believe POTY should go to the best player in the country or the one that's had the most influence on their teams games. If it's the former, Van Dijk wins hands down, if it's the latter, then Jacko has a shout.

I don't particularly think VVD has shone this season at all to be honest. I think Denayer has shown him up a bit. Wouldn't have him in the top 5 for contention for Celtic POTY, which is Johansen by a mile in my opinion, he's done brilliantly since Deila gave him a free role.

How's Ryan Stevenson fared at Thistle? He was a smashing player for Hearts whenever I saw him but I haven't seen much of him this season, except when he's on Sportscene looking quite the dandy.

Didn't have the best starts but was often out of position as a striker. Has now come on as one of our better players. Very skillful in terms of ball control.

Got to be David Clarkson imo.

Whilst he has been pish after his initial scoring streak it is worth noting that he has scored more than any St Johnstone striker and just 1 less than your top scorer. He kept us in the Scottish cup with his goal v Aberdeen. All this despite only joining after the season had begun so effectively missing a few games and with no proper pre season.

Without him we'd be a lot worse off points wise and probably would've been papped out the cup earlier.

Whilst he has been pish after his initial scoring streak it is worth noting that he has scored more than any St Johnstone striker and just 1 less than your top scorer. He kept us in the Scottish cup with his goal v Aberdeen. All this despite only joining after the season had begun so effectively missing a few games and with no proper pre season.

Without him we'd be a lot worse off points wise and probably would've been papped out the cup earlier.

Bit touchy m8.

Not at all! He is unbelievably gash but it is worth remembering his contribution.

I shudder to think where we would be without his wee purple patch.

Technically, his goals only earned you one point this season. In every game he scored you either lost, or won by two or more goals meaning his goal technically wasn't needed. The only games not like this was the 1-1 draw between us and the cup tie against Aberdeen.

I'm laughing at Ainsworth as our POTY as he has been very poor (in a very poor team) all season regardless of how good he can be - but I'd be struggling to think of anyone that you could pick actually - no-one has been good all season that I can think of. Pearson, McDonald and Johnson have all been very good since they came in but they have only played a handful of games.

can't believe I'm saying this - but Josh Law has been pretty consistent since moving to full back and solved a problem there - he's at least got the excuse that he's stepped up from 6th Tier of English football :o

He's been pretty decent against us tbf.

Archived