What's your biggest regret of your life so far

I don't have many major regrets in my life other than asking/not asking certain girls out at different points - but that's trivial stuff. Had I not done that I'd not be who I am today, and I wouldn't swap being me for anything in the world.

On that note, I've done a bit of travelling around Europe on family holidays and last night on the way home from the pub I was talking to some of the boys about getting away from your hometown for a bit. While Kilmarnock has always been where I've lived and I'll no doubt gravitate towards in the near future, we were discussing other cultures and how my best pal currently lives in Derby and has done since he started uni there 3 years ago. I think that if you can take the chance to get away from your hometown and live somewhere else just for a short while then you should. I've been thinking about going to Berlin next summer for a couple of months just to experience this and if I want to stay then great - if I don't then I should be able to come back no problem and start my work again. My only worry would be getting back into work afterwards, but I don't think I'd be too bothered about that if I could fulfill a big ambition.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to the funeral of one of the best guys I've ever known. I couldn't get time off work. Should've jacked the job. Still haunts me with guilt.

Thinking of getting that put on my headstone TBH. Either that or, "should've killed the b*****d when I had the chance".

We've all ended up doing things we regret because of work. Your pal would tell you to gie yersel' peace, in the nicest way possible.

Hazard Perception. A maximum score of (I think) 5 for each hazard, one video clip will have two hazards in. You click as soon as you spot a hazard. The earlier you spot it, the higher your score. Spot it too late, don't click at all or click too many times and you get 0. You can click more than once - and obviously everyone does to make sure they get it - but then you risk getting a 0 score. You'd actually have to sit constantly clicking for that to happen though. I thought I'd done really well on mine but I just scraped through and even managed a 0 on one question somehow.

They made an absolute shitehouse of explaining the hazard perception when it first started. It sounded like you only had a click or two, then you'd get a zero for clicking too many times, so I made damned sure that I knew it was a hazard before clicking, and failed spectacularly. The laddie at the testing centre was amazed, and admitted that you could just click the mouse every two seconds during the videos and pass without even watching them :rolleyes:

I may have told this story before; apologies. I may also have imagined telling this story before, in which case I apologise for the previous apology, and also for this one.

Didn't have a theory test in my day.....

Likewise. In fact I almost failed the eyesight test at the start because I didn't have my Gregory pecks on but the instructor let it go. He must have been on commission.

Same here, still managed to fail twice!

I presume they still have an eyesight test?

Same here, still managed to fail twice!

I presume they still have an eyesight test?

Well if reading a numberplate from 20 yards counts, then he's they do.

Archived