What's your biggest regret of your life so far

I've had 4 serious relationships in my life and I've only ended one of them myself, the first.

All break ups are difficult but when I broke up with this girl we stayed friends, and we are still pretty close 20 years later. In fact if I have any really personal issues that I wanted to talk to someone about, it would probably be her I'd talk to. When my marriage broke down she was fucking fuming with my ex wife! She hates her more than I do!

She's getting married in the summer and I'm really happy for her. He seems like a good guy and I know she is really happy with him. There is no jealousy from me, our relationship has moved on from back in the day but I do sometimes think back and think "if I hadn't ended that relationship, would the relationship lasted as long as our friendship has?"

So that's my one big regret, if I could go back, I'd have stayed in that relationship especially since the reason I split up with her in the first place was a pretty immature commitment issue of the type young men are prone to.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a downer, but my biggest regret is that i don't think I told my mum how much I loved her before she died.

I never went to see my grandad the night he died. He was meant to be getting out of hospital the next day and I decided I couldn't be bothered with a hospital visit and would just see him the next day. My mum never really told me how it happened as I was still quite young and she was upset, but the next morning we got a phone call telling us the news.

Been about six or seven years and I still think about it every day.

Basically the guys that I hung out with were a bunch of homophobes, they then accused me of being gay. And as an answer which I regret I immediately responded "What's wrong with being gay?" They assumed I was meaning what's wrong with me being gay instead the intended meaning of what's wrong with being gay in general.

Usually get asked that after I show ID or tell people my age in vocal conversation :lol: Mainly cause I still look around 16

Wow wtf. I can't believe there are people out there that would act like that towards a friend over something so trivial, f**k them!!

Same boat randomguy I see my gran and grandads every single Thursday night, visit each of them for an hour every week, I was just back from Poland for the football and had felt shite all week so gave it a miss, ended up missing it the next Thursday night too, text him saying I would be round on the Friday instead and he passed away on the Friday morning.

Awful

fucking hunners.

cheating on my current girlfriend is far and away the worst thing ive ever done though. we were going through a bad patch and i made a total and utter arse of it. thankfully now we're all happy and i just choose to stay in the house rather than going out and getting pished at the weekend, it makes her happy and thats the main thing.

also not caring enough about football training and playing when i was younger.. i could have been somebody

What a shitebag

Selling my Gibson SG.

Similar. I had a PRS that I had asked a friend to bring me back from a guitar show in Texas. Now, I have punted a few over the years but that is the one I regret selling. Not only did it play well but it was beautifully finished, a real work of art.

Still got a Strat and a Martin but f*ck knows why I decided to sell the PRS??

I still look at PRS in Guitar Guitar but I know that even if I bought another it would not be the same.

I never went to see my grandad the night he died. He was meant to be getting out of hospital the next day and I decided I couldn't be bothered with a hospital visit and would just see him the next day. My mum never really told me how it happened as I was still quite young and she was upset, but the next morning we got a phone call telling us the news.

Been about six or seven years and I still think about it every day.

Exact same with my Granny, I turned down a visit as I was going on a night out.

21 years this year and my selfishness that day is my one real regret in my life.

Exact same with my Granny, I turned down a visit as I was going on a night out.

21 years this year and my selfishness that day is my one real regret in my life.

Why, what would it have changed?

I was on my way to see my Grandad, but they hung him before I got there.

Everybody feels terrible when parents and grandparents die, no matter when you last visited them. My mother feels dreadful guilt because she didn't go to see her mother in the hospital on the day she died. She'd been to the hospital every day for the two weeks before that, and helped her eat and bathe so she didn't have to rely on strangers. She'd recovered from her illness and was due to be released the next day, so my mum took the day to prepare the house for her return instead, and my gran's heart chose that day to just randomly stop.

Nothing to feel guilty about IMO, but she doesn't see it that way. Personally, I figure the person you're feeling guilty about not seeing would likely rather you were off doing something enjoyable instead of sitting around having to experience their worst moments with them.

Why, what would it have changed?

Ultimately, nothing. However, I would have gotten to see her one last time before she died.

As it turns out, she passed early hours of the Friday morning - I would have been in a nightclub trying like a bear to get in about wee durties at the time!

Ultimately, nothing. However, I would have gotten to see her one last time before she died.

As it turns out, she passed early hours of the Friday morning - I would have been in a nightclub trying like a bear to get in about wee durties at the time!

I'm sure she'd have been proud ^_^

I don't dwell too much on these but there are a few that I would change.

The main one is selling my really rare soul vinyl. Thats the one that really gets me. Some serious stuff in there. Singles now worth around 1k to 2k each. Not so much the value as now I'm back playing vinyl I would love to have them in my box.

Not taking my s form signing with DUFC seriously. Was only 14 but an opportunity missed. Was just too radge at the time.

A good few really good business opportunities that I never pounced on. Serious money as well.

3k a week type stuff. Could have bought the vinyl back :-)

One girl. She was Malysian. Stunning on the outside and inside. She adored me but I had just split up and thought i never wanted all that again after being in a 20 year relationship. She knew how to look after her man. Loaded as well.

That's about it really. Maybe more than a few but after 47 years on the planet not too bad.

They records though. That will bother me.

Having a kid with my ex.

Now, before this gets taken the wrong way I love my son to bits but I wish there could be a way for me to have him exactly as he is but without ever meeting his mother.

c**t.

I tend not to look back anymore as it used to get me down, I was only 18 when mini TLB was born and my pals were more interested in drinking/holidays/clubbing etc whereas I could never go out and join them so we sort of drifted apart, but I wouldn't change the time I've had with the wee man for the world and tbh the pals that drifted away are now probably closer than they were in the first place.

Other one is smoking, made a right c**t of a decision starting that habit.

I don't dwell too much on these but there are a few that I would change.

The main one is selling my really rare soul vinyl. Thats the one that really gets me. Some serious stuff in there. Singles now worth around 1k to 2k each. Not so much the value as now I'm back playing vinyl I would love to have them in my box.

Not taking my s form signing with DUFC seriously. Was only 14 but an opportunity missed. Was just too radge at the time.

A good few really good business opportunities that I never pounced on. Serious money as well.

3k a week type stuff. Could have bought the vinyl back :-)

One girl. She was Malysian. Stunning on the outside and inside. She adored me but I had just split up and thought i never wanted all that again after being in a 20 year relationship. She knew how to look after her man. Loaded as well.

That's about it really. Maybe more than a few but after 47 years on the planet not too bad.

They records though. That will bother me.

Thank goodness - I was starting to wilt under this saga of never ending disasters.

Can empathise to a certain extent on the record sale, in my case it was football programmes.

Thank goodness - I was starting to wilt under this saga of never ending disasters.

Can empathise to a certain extent on the record sale, in my case it was football programmes.

I sold all my records and football programmes. Any remaining artefacts were handed in to a fundraising exercise for a lost cause. Result is the same though.

Haha. Never thought it was too bad for 47 years on the planet.

Jeez left a couple out.

But the vinyl is the killer.

Archived