What's your biggest regret of your life so far

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 21 so I'd say slacking off too much in school

Also hanging out with the wrong type of friends (not druggies or anything, but literally said one thing wrong as a joke to them, all of a sudden my entire year in academy has ostracised me) and due to this building a social shell around myself, even later in school when I made some good friends I'd always have some shite excuse to not hang out after school cause I'd turned into an incredibly shy person who was uncomfortable around others. In a way it also caused me to easily push people away, only a few years out of school & I literally do not talk to anyone I was in the same classes as anymore.

C'mon, you can't leave us hanging like that...what did you say to them?

Well, he's been exiled to Aberdeenshire. Honestly, you shag one sheep...

Basically the guys that I hung out with were a bunch of homophobes, they then accused me of being gay. And as an answer which I regret I immediately responded "What's wrong with being gay?" They assumed I was meaning what's wrong with me being gay instead the intended meaning of what's wrong with being gay in general.

You're 21?!

Usually get asked that after I show ID or tell people my age in vocal conversation :lol: Mainly cause I still look around 16

Well, he's been exiled to Aberdeenshire. Honestly, you shag one sheep...

I would need to have left Aberdeenshire to have been exiled in the first place :lol:

Basically the guys that I hung out with were a bunch of homophobes, they then accused me of being gay. And as an answer which I regret I immediately responded "What's wrong with being gay?" They assumed I was meaning what's wrong with me being gay instead the intended meaning of what's wrong with being gay in general.

Usually get asked that after I show ID or tell people my age in vocal conversation :lol: Mainly cause I still look around 16

I had the same at school. My best mate came out & I stuck by him. Rest of our group didn't and assumed I was gay as well.

To be fair I don't think you missed out on anything with pals like those..

^^^ this. Hopefully they've grown to regret their stupidity.

I would need to have left Aberdeenshire to have been exiled in the first place :lol:

So you chose to be a Hibee for reasons other than geography? :blink:

Never mind, I've just realised how much worse it could've been :shutup

Also hanging out with the wrong type of friends (not druggies or anything, but literally said one thing wrong as a joke to them, all of a sudden my entire year in academy has ostracised me) and due to this building a social shell around myself, even later in school when I made some good friends I'd always have some shite excuse to not hang out after school cause I'd turned into an incredibly shy person who was uncomfortable around others. In a way it also caused me to easily push people away, only a few years out of school & I literally do not talk to anyone I was in the same classes as anymore.

This.

This.

You'll meet people as you go along that you'll probably bond with far more and enjoy deeper friendships with than the folk you knew in school.

Everyone is in a weird social dynamic at school that isn't really present anywhere else and it's like how you end up hanging about with workmates, you only get pally with them because you spend so much time confined in the same place as them for most of the week.

It's better just to get out in the world and meet folk. I'm 24 now and most of the folk I was close to at school with are so different now than they were then that we'd probably never talk to each other if we hadn't known each other as kinds.

I used to get quite down when I was 18/19 because me and all my school pals went our separate ways and lost touch but I think we'd have grown apart anyway as we got older.

They sound like a bunch of p***ks tbf.

^^^ this. Hopefully they've grown to regret their stupidity.

So you chose to be a Hibee for reasons other than geography? :blink:

Never mind, I've just realised how much worse it could've been :shutup

Dad is an Aberdeen fan but worked a lot so never went to Pittodrie. Cousin who is a Hibs fan took me to my first game (which was ironically against Aberdeen at Pittodrie) and I was hooked from then on. Admittedly the geography isn't the best as I only go to a few games a season

Archived