What's your biggest regret of your life so far

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being loyal to my former company and not taking up the opportunity to move elsewhere when recruiters were hassling me. Fool.

I thought you regretted taking the red pill?

There's an easy solution to this work loyalty thing - realise that whoever you are, whatever position you are in, you are 100% expendable. Loyalty wouldn't come into it if they wanted to fire you, or anyone. You get a better opportunity that also makes sense logistically, location-wise, etc etc, you move. End of. f**k plastic loyalty.

I thought you regretted taking the red pill?

There's an easy solution to this work loyalty thing - realise that whoever you are, whatever position you are in, you are 100% expendable. Loyalty wouldn't come into it if they wanted to fire you, or anyone. You get a better opportunity that also makes sense logistically, location-wise, etc etc, you move. End of. f**k plastic loyalty.

Exactly this. One of the things my dad told me was that loyalty doesn't exist. Every single company will get rid of you in a heartbeat if they need to without giving a single f**k, so never be loyal to them, ever.

Aye cause single parents don't exist?

Hope everything goes well though but you shouldn't miss out on things you want to do because of your girlfriend lad.

Horrible advice, losing out on your kids first years would be my biggest regret if I ever did it.

Probably not doing as well as I could have in school and hanging on with my first girlfriend for too long so that we ended up hating each other.

Bitch.

Worked as a night manager in the Hotel Missoni for a while. The one week I choose to go on holiday, it happens to be over TinthePark weekend. Lady Gaga stays in one of the penthouse suites after she has finished her set, and there is a fire alarm. Miss Gaga needs to exit the hotel and stand outside on Victoria Street, just like everyone else (although no-one seems to notice that it's her.) Apparently, the guy who is filling in for me (usually on the HR team) begins chatting to her while they wait for the all clear. She asks him if he wants to come out drinking with her and her minders. He says 'no, sorry, I would lose my job.'

Now, I'm not going to dismiss a job in the hospitality industry as 'run-of-the-mill' or 'expendable.' All I'm saying is that, if my holiday had been one week earlier or later, I most certainly would have been eschewing that ridiculous Missoni tartan kilt for a champagne-and-cocaine-addled binge with that messed-up little he-she.

But was it a good holiday or did you just go to T in t'park?

Grimbo

Horrible advice, losing out on your kids first years would be my biggest regret if I ever did it.

Probably not doing as well as I could have in school and hanging on with my first girlfriend for too long so that we ended up hating each other.

Bitch.

Very much this. I was a "Dad" to my ex gf's two girls for 3 years......I think about them every day and miss them like fcuk :(

Eating a plate of chicken curry at TITP which led to me getting Salmonella, which ultimately led to me having IBS and generally having stomach problems for the rest of my days. 7 Years on from getting Salmonella my stomach is still absolutely fucked.

Matty never said he doesn't enjoy staying in, and by his post it doesn't seem like he misses going out every weekend.

Exactly. People telling him what he should and shouldn't be doing when they don't actually know him is just bollocks.

Stop looking for friends to sit in with then slaughter and eat their body, DA.

What are you up to this weekend?

working in an office. why have i done this to myself!!

f**k yes. Office work is abysmal.

I have lots, but turning down a two year YTS at a second division club would probably be top.

I was seventeen and thought I'm not having idiots scream abuse at me four nights a week for two years in the pissing rain for the hope of three minutes off the bench away to Alloa.

Mate took it and went on to play for Scotland and made a nice career and a lot of money. Not saying that I would have too, but I never really made the connection that if you do well here maybe your Dundee Utd's etc would come calling, as they did with him.

Girlfriend just left me after being given an engagement ultimatum which I refused to conform too. Starting to regret it to be honest.

Of course you're starting to regret it, that's what someone who has such little respect for you to issue an engagement ultimatum is counting on.

What's with so many trouserless guys in here?

Of course you're starting to regret it, that's what someone who has such little respect for you to issue an engagement ultimatum is counting on.

What's with so many trouserless guys in here?

I get what your saying but if I was totally trouserless then I would have panicked and got her a ring.

Plenty. The main one is not working hard at School.

Took a long time to get the balls to go back to college and knuckle down.

Also. At times i regret becoming a football fan. there are times i wish i could just chuck it. The Whataboutary does my head in. I'd also be considerably richer. Been going to football on average 30+ games since 1988

Girlfriend just left me after being given an engagement ultimatum which I refused to conform too. Starting to regret it to be honest.

You did the right thing. What a silly cow.

Archived