What's your biggest regret of your life so far

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got speaking to a stunning Brazilian girl down the fan zone on Copacabana, while watching the Brazil Croatia game at the World Cup last summer. We discussed several things, such as her brother studying a PHD in economics at Edinburgh and how she'd visited Scotland twice. I also discovered that her family were filthy rich, as her dad was Vice President of Petrobras, the largest oil company in South America. Working in the oil industry, he could have been a handy man to know.

Anyway, before going our seperate ways, she asked if I'd meet her later that night. She gave me an address of a bar and a time to meet.

Being the dickhead that I am, instead of meeting this fine specimen, I got out my nut on the best ciapirinhas and cocaine the Copacabana could offer that evening. The next thing I knew, I was in a confused daze cuddling my brother, and not the Amazonian beauty I was hoping the wake up beside. She didn't bother returning my texts the next day. Opportunity well and truly blown!

Jesus f**k, mate. Couldn't drop the booze for a few hours?

fucking hunners.

cheating on my current girlfriend is far and away the worst thing ive ever done though. we were going through a bad patch and i made a total and utter arse of it. thankfully now we're all happy and i just choose to stay in the house rather than going out and getting pished at the weekend, it makes her happy and thats the main thing.

also not caring enough about football training and playing when i was younger.. i could have been somebody

i just choose to stay in the house rather than going out and getting pished at the weekend, it makes her happy and thats the main thing.

Ironically, in five years time if you've split up this will be your biggest regret.

Got speaking to a stunning Brazilian girl down the fan zone on Copacabana, while watching the Brazil Croatia game at the World Cup last summer. We discussed several things, such as her brother studying a PHD in economics at Edinburgh and how she'd visited Scotland twice. I also discovered that her family were filthy rich, as her dad was Vice President of Petrobras, the largest oil company in South America. Working in the oil industry, he could have been a handy man to know.

Anyway, before going our seperate ways, she asked if I'd meet her later that night. She gave me an address of a bar and a time to meet.

Being the dickhead that I am, instead of meeting this fine specimen, I got out my nut on the best ciapirinhas and cocaine the Copacabana could offer that evening. The next thing I knew, I was in a confused daze cuddling my brother, and not the Amazonian beauty I was hoping the wake up beside. She didn't bother returning my texts the next day. Opportunity well and truly blown!

Probably would have woken up kidneyless anyway.

Worked as a night manager in the Hotel Missoni for a while. The one week I choose to go on holiday, it happens to be over TinthePark weekend. Lady Gaga stays in one of the penthouse suites after she has finished her set, and there is a fire alarm. Miss Gaga needs to exit the hotel and stand outside on Victoria Street, just like everyone else (although no-one seems to notice that it's her.) Apparently, the guy who is filling in for me (usually on the HR team) begins chatting to her while they wait for the all clear. She asks him if he wants to come out drinking with her and her minders. He says 'no, sorry, I would lose my job.'

Now, I'm not going to dismiss a job in the hospitality industry as 'run-of-the-mill' or 'expendable.' All I'm saying is that, if my holiday had been one week earlier or later, I most certainly would have been eschewing that ridiculous Missoni tartan kilt for a champagne-and-cocaine-addled binge with that messed-up little he-she.

thankfully now we're all happy and i just choose to stay in the house rather than going out and getting pished at the weekend, it makes her happy and thats the main thing.

I feel sorry for you. As randomguy has already said you'll regret it in a few years time(even if you stay together). Sacrificing your own happiness to keep a bird happy is shite patter. It's your life enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Loads to be honest. My life is just one big regret tbh. I always end up over-thinking things and asking myself "Why the f**k did I do that/not do that?"

Only 22 so don't really have any that big tbh. I'd of liked to do something sports related work wise and wish id maybe made more effort to get into something like that but I'm happy with my job so I dunno.

I have missed out on a few things with my mates I would have really liked to do (Amsterdam/Kavos/Newcastle plus plenty more things) because my ex girlfriend was being a bitch so wish I hadn't let someone tell me what to do and boss me about.

Think the thing I really regret doing now I'm saving like mad is not starting any kind of savings account when I started working. Even just 200 or so a month. Just pished it all up the wall on unneeded stuff in excess, thinking that I could've saved an incredible amount over 6 years without any real hassle.

Sure I'll have some more serious ones 10 years down the line.

Similar to the Other Foot, I worked in Belfast in a piano bar, got let home early one night and instead of going home, decided to go out for a few pints. A lassie I worked with (whose Dad was the then Lord Mayor of Belfast) had tickets to see Primal Scream in the Limelight. She knew I was a big fan and tried phoning my Dad's house to get hold of me (this was the days before mobiles). Being the daughter of a VIP she also got to go out on the lash with Bobby + Co afterwards and by all accounts had a whale of a time. Meanwhile, I was sitting in a dingy bar in East Belfast.

She was in two minds whether to even tell me about it. She told me about it. And I still regret not going home nearly 20 years later.

Considering we have a child on the way I really doubt we're going to split up.

Aye cause single parents don't exist?

Hope everything goes well though but you shouldn't miss out on things you want to do because of your girlfriend lad.

Archived